Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Paul and Owlman.

Paul, I'm also a fan of Geoff Johns' writing (although I only started reading his work earlier this year; then again, that's added the thrill of a new discovery) and of Alias.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Trimble
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Trimble   Email Paul Trimble         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. Matlock, great to meet another Beach Boys fan-Pet Sounds is my all time favourite album. Blockade Boy-you mean thats not your real name too!! (sorry Carl!) Didnt actually occur to me to use a hero name but i do like the name Trimble Terror! Perhaps I should rename the shop!
Thanks for the welcome Stealth-if you can try and find the Stars and STRIPE series, it was one of Geoff Johns first titles and was very good reading. Geoff is listed as a guest at next years comic con in Bristol in England so I hope to get to meet him.
Cheers

From: Northern Ireland | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daemonking
Retired

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daemonking   Email Daemonking         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Chauncy Cummings
Locale: Los Angeles

Started reading Legion when I was 10 or 11 and backtracked to pick up most of the original superboy and adventure comics. I thought it was one of the best concepts in stories. Much like Green Lantern or Justice League but for a younger crowd and all of the heros were there because they wanted to be.

Glad to be part of the community.

From: Earth, USA, cali | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad to have you. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Name - Jamie
Age - 32...almost 33
Live - St. Louis, MO (or close enough)
Work - Network Security Engineer

Legion Stuff - Got into the Legion heavily in the early 80's and followed them fairly regularly into Zero Hour, where they lost me. Actually, SW6's retcon pretty much did it for me although they were still interesting.

I'm a huge DCU fan tho'. I've always been drawn to their characters much more than I have Marvel ones.

I also play CoH, that's where the name Stratum comes from. On the Guardian server.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to all our new members. I really need to be better about keeping up with this thread -- lots of new names.

Stratum, there are a few CoH players on the board. Our biggest presence is on Virtue, and a WaK Legion homage group recently started on another server, but I can't remember which one off the top of my head. Most people have alts scattered all over the servers.
In case you haven't seen it yet, here's the latest page on the CoH thread in the Anywhere Machine section of the board.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, Stratum.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Stratum! It's great to have another CoH player/Legion fan on board. As Seymour said, there a re a number of us playing CoH. We have Legion based SGs on Virtue, Pinnacle, Infinity, Protector as well as other SGs based on JSA, Titans, etc scattered around. Check the link Seymour provided and it'll take you to one of two CoH threads on the Anywhere Machine forum here on Legion World (the other is basically a list of all our Chars)

Great to have you here!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Woot! Thanks guys! I'm checking it now.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Hiya, nice to see ya, Stratum.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Howdy!! *waves* Nice t'meetcha. [Smile]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I started a whole thread (sorry), but I'll post it here too:

Name: John (not much imagination, I know, but it was my parents' choice)

I've read LSH off and on since the late '70s. I've always liked how it was a team where everyone's contribution was appreciated (this was a team that had Bouncing Boy as a member, after all).

So when do I get my flight ring?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Starting a whole thread is a good thing. Starting two whole threads is a good thing. Et cetera.

Welcome!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, everyone!

Free flight rings, Eryk Davis Ester nelly caps, pink Saturn Girl saturn earrings, black Invisible Kid headbands, green Kinetix headbands, tiny Violet violets and special headbands with movable Chameleon antennae for everyone.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Kids! Come hang it in the Museum of Legion Arts - this month's gallery is Legionnaires in Swimsuits!
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000508

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.