Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 69)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Snakeguru Lass
Applicant Superhero

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeguru Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Snakeguru Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, thanks! Well the name is taken from a user handle i have on Lycos and since this is a Legion site i threw in a "lass" for fun.

--------------------
Carpe Noctem

From: Europe, Sweden | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, Snakeguru Lass!

Welcome to Legion World. Sweden, eh? Maybe you'd like to come to the Anywhere Machine, we've been having a discussion about International School Reading lists that is turning out to be quite interesting. I'd be really interested in how things are in Sweden. It's in the Anywhere Machine, topic: International School Reading (or something of that sort)

Enjoy the site!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Positive Man   Email Positive Man         Edit/Delete Post     
I guess this is the right place for introductions, so:

Who: Antão, Positive Man
Where: Lisbon, Portugal
Why: Love of Legion (and lots of lurking here)
When: 1973, first comic ever read, at age 5 (a brazilian reprint featuring Invisible Kid and Phantom Girl in some Espionage Squad action from the Adventure era)
What: I translate books ("serious" ones) and breed dogs for a living, I surf and ride horses for sport, I will not ever drop the Legion (I liked the 5 year gap even if it spawned several horrors: I didn't like the reboot at all -with the exception of the DnA issues- nor Waid's recent stuff).

Favorite creators:
Levitz, Shooter, Giffen, Grell.
Favorite Legionnaires:
Timber Wolf, Ultra Boy, Blok
Phantom Girl, White Witch, Dawnstar

--------------------
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true.

From: Lisbon | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Snakeguru Lass and Antao (sorry about not using the tilde)

Dive right in and post, post, post.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to LEGIONWORLD Positive Man & Snakeguru Lass!!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Positive Man   Email Positive Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, folks.

--------------------
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears that this is true.

From: Lisbon | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snakeguru Lass
Applicant Superhero

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakeguru Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Snakeguru Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks everyone. About that School reading list, Doctor one, well, it's not easy for me to remember overly much about what books we got to pick and read from the lists as it was many years ago since i went to High school. [Smile]

--------------------
Carpe Noctem

From: Europe, Sweden | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Snakeguru Lass and Positive Man.

Snakeguru Lass, please allow me to thank you on behalf of your country for IKEA. I couldn't have furnished my home without it! [Big Grin]

Both of you, please make yourselves at home.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Positive Man. Welcome! [Smile] Is the Legion published in Portuguese today?
From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
This topic's on page 69...ohhhh, yeah!

[Love]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi W4TR Lad, Snake Guru Lass and Positive Man.
Welcome aboard guys.
Hope you all have fun here, it's a great place and one of the friendliest board there is.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Sorry about the time that has passed between your question and my answer, Dain, but my workload has been relentless. To my knowledge the Legion has been (very badly printed and translated) published in brazilian editions until the end of the 5 year gap. It was never published in european Portuguese. And a quaint factoid for you: my first issue was read in Africa (Dad was a military man), in Mozambique, to be precise. I started collecting it in English with the Bouncing Boy-Duo Damsel marriage issue (thanks for paying for it while I couldn´t, Mom and Dad [Smile] ).

--------------------

Positive Man
Negative Creature

And I forgot to include my thanks to all the kind folks that added their personal welcomes to grumpy old me.

--------------------

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Positive Man:
I guess this is the right place for introductions, so:

Who: Antão, Positive Man
Where: Lisbon, Portugal
Why: Love of Legion (and lots of lurking here)
When: 1973, first comic ever read, at age 5 (a brazilian reprint featuring Invisible Kid and Phantom Girl in some Espionage Squad action from the Adventure era)
What: I translate books ("serious" ones) and breed dogs for a living, I surf and ride horses for sport, I will not ever drop the Legion (I liked the 5 year gap even if it spawned several horrors: I didn't like the reboot at all -with the exception of the DnA issues- nor Waid's recent stuff).

Favorite creators:
Levitz, Shooter, Giffen, Grell.
Favorite Legionnaires:
Timber Wolf, Ultra Boy, Blok
Phantom Girl, White Witch, Dawnstar

Positive Man, what kind of dogs do you breed? I show dogs as a hobby.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Positive Man
Negative Creature

Again: my apologies for the delayed answer, Semi. Work has been a dog's girlfriend. I breed three local dog races (two recognized by the FCI and one about to), that are mainly shepherds (all of them were used as wolf fighting mastiffs) and guard dogs even if they can also used for search and rescue or leading the blind (I hate "political correctness").
Here's some links with photos (Am I even allowed to do this? Let me assure the board administration upfront that these sites aren't mine, neither belong to anybody I know or do business with) for you to know the roll call of my "Interplanetary Bunk Beast Guard" [Smile] :
http://www.rt-serradaestrela.pt/regiao/caodaserra.htm
http://www.rafeiroalentejo.info/index.cfm?l=1
http://www.caodegadotransmontano.org.pt/

The latter is about to be recognized by the FCI. Believe me, none of these are to be trifled with...

--------------------

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.