Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 72)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World guys!

Exnihil: You'll find some current and many former DCMB posters here. I still pop over there on occasion but rarely post any longer. You'll find it's much more pleasant here (at least I hope you will.)

AU: 38 isn't old around here. I'm 5 months from 50 and I don't think I'm the oldest poster here. 'course I could be, the rest might have died off from old age by now! [Wink]

Adriana: I keep meaning to check out your podcasts but keep forgetting. I promise I will one of these days.

PenaltyKillah: Young Justice! Yay! There are some other fans around here as well. Be sure to check out the Titans forum here as well.

Have a great time everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I've been on here for three years and thought I did this already,but I guess I was wrong since I can't find it on here.

Name: Tim
Where you live: Ky, though I did live in Illinois for twelve years
What you do: Material Handler at a major automotive company

Legion info:

- Favorite characters: Timber Wolf,Wildfire,Karate Kid,and all the Pre-Crisis characters in Dave Cockrum costumes please,and even Superboy I didn't know how much he meant to the Legion until he was gone.

- Favorite creators: Dave Cockrum,Jim Shooter,Paul Levitz,Steve Lightle,Mike Grell, Cary Bates and now Geoff Johns and George Perez.

- Favorite stories: Most of Jim Shooter's Adventure run, One Shot Hero,Dead Hero Live Executioner,The Betrayer From Beyond,Future Shock For Superboy,The Infinite Man who Conquered The Legion,Monster In A Little Girl's Mind,The Great Darkness Saga to name a few.

- When you started reading:
I started when I was 7 years old in 1974,when a cousin gave me a stack of Superboy comics that included the Bates/Cockrum Legion,one look at Dave's art and I was hooked,but getting comics was hard to do in rural Kentucky,luckily we moved to Illinois when I was eleven in 1978 and they had comics everywhere old and new,I filled in my Legion collection and I expanded my collecting to all team books,but the Legion will always be my first and favorite.

- Other things you like: My family,College Basketball(Go Cats),Classic Rock 'N' Roll,Sci-Fi,History and I guess Comics since I have
anywhere between 12,000 to 15,000 especially Team Books.

[ August 02, 2008, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: Lone Wolf Legionnaire ]

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Been here a while and realized I'd not done this yet..so..Now it shall be done.

Name: Acid Digestion Lad ( but i've taken a liking to ADL when someone's running out of time)
Where you live: I'd like to say Bismoll or ya know someplace cool, but nope Los Angeles.
What you do: Photoshoper, occasional freelance stuff, Musician, Comic Book Junkie

Legion info: favorite characters: Hmmmm. Matter Eater Lad, Starboy, Ultra Boy, Mon-El (or whatever name Lar has). Ferro, Andromeda, Karate Kid, Triad/Duo Damsel, XS, Superboy, Apparition..and so on and so on.. Oh lets just say I love the legion and leave it at that.

creators: Hmmmmm. the DnA team, Shooter to a point, Waid and Kitson, Cockrum , Levitz-Giffen team, the Giffer-baums. Again just about all of them.

stories: Hmm, while I rarely have any idislike here are some alltime faves. "End of an Era" and it's preceeding zero hour stuff. "Dark circle" ala the reboot legion. the whole " Life and death and the end of time" Oh ya know what, anything by paul levitz and those guys to be honest.

eras: Mostly all, partial to the adventure legion and their growing up to paul levit'z runs. The Giffer-baum 5YG legion as well as the SW6-ers. Extreme love for the Reboot\DnA team. Oh and also Johns' "Action" Legion.

when you started reading: Comics? About when I could first read. Legion? I honestly do'nt remember but some time around my getting into high school. Although I started with the old Superboy and the legion stuff, and the Adventure stuff.

Other things you like: Reading, Writing, Cooking.

That's all she wrote folks, I'd add more but it's giving me an appetite , and you don't want to give me an appetite..Lates amigo's I'm off to cook. [Cool]

From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valour
Australian Super Hero

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valour   Author's Homepage   Email Valour         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Jesse Vallon
Where you live: Gold Coast, Australia
What you do: I'm just a story writer

Legion info: Fav character is obviously Mon-El but the name was taken so I used Valour and I also like Brainiac 5

Other things you like: Ancient History, Story/Poetry writing, Anime/Manga

From: GC Starline | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World Valour. We do have a few Mon-el fans here. We also have a few of your fellow Aussies here too.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Lee

Where you live: Dorset, England

What you do: Housing Systems and Nominations Officer

Legion info:
Started reading my brothers collection in the late Seventies, first issue I remember buying was #276 Lord Romdurs Castle and have been hooked ever since.

My favourite era was the early 5YL when Keith Giffen was still on board and my least favourite was the period following this until DnA took over.

Favourite character is Infectious Lass as she is just so much and potentially the most powerful of all the Legionnaires and least favourite is Dawnstar.

Other things you like:

When not working or reading comics I can usually be found at the cinema, reading, taking long romantic walks and filling out message board questionnaires that sound like online dating forms. [Smile]

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome stuorstew! You'll find quite a few Infectious Lass fans around here!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome stuorstew,

I'll see if we have a long romantic walk thread for you. [Wink]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, new member, frequent vsitor.

Name: Jude Deluca (Pen Name)
Home: Bronx, NY
Occupation: High School Graduate and hopefully getting into Hunter College next fall.

Legion Info: Really got into it after reading the Lightning Saga. Enjoy all runs, but don't really know a lot about when they had Pocket Superboy.

Fav Characters: Sensor Girl, Timber Wolf, Computo, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Night Girl, Rainbow Girl, Ivy, Kent Shakespeare, Lightning Lass, Matter-Eater Lad, Starman, Dawnstar, Dragonmage, Catspaw, Gemini, and Kinetix.

I'm happy with both Legion costumes, old ones and the ones in Lo3W, except that disturbing half-naked Cosmic Boy.

Other Info: Enjoys writing and reading stuff other than comics and manga, hopes to become a writer, I'll read anything written by Grant Morrison, I can make sense out of Final Crisis, and I've been an anime fan since I was seven.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
welcome, Sarky!

I lived in the Bronx for about a half-year or so back in the 90s.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[clears throat] Is this thing on ?

[cringes from feedback] Never mind.

Name: cleome aka cleome45, sometimes

Home: Pacific NW

Occupation: Vanished into thin air. Visit me next year when I'm back to crashing on Mom's couch in Jersey.

Legion Info: Was a big fan during much of the Levitz Era, but drifted away around 1986-88. Somehow found out about the cartoon and now have wandered back in again. Currently reading "Threeboot" collections from the library, which don't rot nearly as bad as certain folks led me to believe they would.

Fav Characters: How much time do you have ? Oh, Chameleon, Dream Girl, Star Boy, Brainiac 5, Shrinking Violet/Atom Girl, Shadow Lass, on and on like that.

Other Info: The blasted cartoon drove me to write fic again after a decade-long hiatus from such pointless yet addictive excursions. I should be shot. Oh, and I garden, cook, and obsess about politics, too. When I'm not tearing out my hair about the lack-of-employment thing.

Thanks for letting me hang out with ya'. [Smile]

[ December 05, 2008, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey cleome. Small world.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
SK/Jude, I thought of telling everyone that I stalked you over here from FF.net, but I didn't want to frighten them right out of the gate. Plenty of time for that later.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I have a stalker... this must be what it feels like to be famous. XD

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

welcome Sarcasm Kid & cleome

--------------------

This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.