Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Francis Manapul Interview: The Start of Something Big!
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate quasi organizations. Just simplify the idea and give it a face! A villain! Though I do like the cult of Validus. As long as it has a face,a powerful front figure...like Validus.

The artist did mention he will stay on as long as the writer does. Which makes it seem it is a big name writer.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read all the comments, yet, but I think this art is awesome! Very exciting!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Light Lass's new look. She looked good with short hair, but looks better with long hair (then again, I think almost everybody looks better with long hair.)

Otherwise, the art reminds me too much of the Guys Who Ruined the X-Men and then Founded Image.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Ayla's new look, too, actually. Kind of nice to see a female character getting a more modest outfit instead of a less modest one for a change.

quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:

Barefeet aside, is it just a few liking that costume? I think it's great myself. The colors, the patterns, the insignia, pretty much everything.

I love it, as well. Shaggy hair, but no claws. That's as it should be. [Smile] And the costume is really cool, too. The bare feet are interesting, although I'm not sure why it's necessary. Maybe so he can use is super agility to climb better or something.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Haha maybe Ayla and Tinya traded love lives. Ie Ayla found someone and took herself off the market but Tinya's finally testing the waters.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healex
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healex   Email Healex         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say I like some of the new looks but not all.

Colossal Boy/Micro Lad reminds me of a cardasian from Star Trek with the brown pack on the sides of his neck.

Shadow Lass in brown is terrible.

Invisible Kid needs the headband.

Phantom Girl...I'm gonna have to wait and see what her legs look like. If she still has the bell bottoms...I'll be in love!

Trip looks alike to me now. No color difference when she splits looks odd to me now.

Love Brainy new outfit. Makes him look more dictator like.

Cham's chain mail reminds me of his 1st costume back in the 60's. Love it.

The only one that really grats my nerves is Saturn Girl's thou. It reminds me TOO much of Binary's costume. If the red were pink it would look better to me I think.

The rest I'll have to wait and see.

From: Tampa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
The bare feet are interesting, although I'm not sure why it's necessary. Maybe so he can use is super agility to climb better or something.

It's for his retractable Adamantium toenails... [Big Grin]

Personally, I'm growing more and more disappointed this series didn't wrap up with Mark & Barry.

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Alright, I want to join in the character-by-character analysis...

1. First of all, I like that Gim looks like our traditional Gim, with the headgear. I don't care for the wierd brown stripey thing.

2.Star Boy and Sun Boy seem to look the same as the beginning of this era, which to me is a perfect reason to leave them in the background.
I have no complaints, there.

3. I love Ayla with the flippy hair! The costume is fine. Goes right along with any of her others.

4. I like Wild Brin. I count 5 toes on each foot. His orange-y tan looks a bit sprayed on, but we'll see how that works out in the book.

5. I like Vi in black and violet.

6. I like Lu not color coded. Better for espionage. I like her short hair.

7. Element Lad seems to only have changes for the sake of changes.

8. Lyle looks awesome in white! He doesn't need a headband.

9. Whoo!!! Tiny looks HOT!!! Brown eyes... is that new?

10. I approve of Jo's look. I've always believed that since he can only use one power at a time, he would develop himself to be as powerful as he can.

11. It takes some getting used to, Garth with no white at all, but I do like the otherwise classic look.

12. LOVE Imra with super long hair!! The costume is fine, IMO.

13-15. Jecky, Cham and KK all get a "fine by me" from me. Don't dislike what I can see, not in love with what I can see.

16. I like Shady in earth-tones. It's really different than normal for her. Of course I prefer that gorgeous blue skin in black, but I'll give this a thumb's up for now.

17. Love seeing Brainy's old belt! Great. That symbol on his chest seems to just glare there, so I don't really care for it, but he looks good with his hair filled out a bit.

I miss Dreamy....

Overall, a very dynamic shot! LLL!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Michael has a rumor over at The Omnicom about the writer. Supposedly it was leaked that his first name is Jim. Take that for what you will.

Jim? As in James? Robinson would write a helluva book.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As for the new looking Legion... it's a nice spread there. Sure, there's a certain X-Men feel, circa 1997. It also reminds me of Copiel, and that is never a bad thing.

I like Brainy and Ayla. KK & Saturn Girl don't really work for me. The brutish look for Jo took a moment, and Brin too. Tinya is still the hottest lady. I like the lack of white, especially in Garth's uniform. They look less spandex like to me. Garth is certainly the best looking.

Don't kill me, but Lyle's costume doesn't look good. Barry had him right with the blue jacket. He's the only one with a letter on his chest! Not liking it, but overall I'm diggin the energetic feel of this picture.

[ August 13, 2007, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: CJ Taylor ]

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Did Lyle ever wear that blue jacket and uniform in your avatar?
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just like the fact that they don't all look like spandex superhero costumes. With a few exceptions, the outfits actually look like something wearable. I'm excited to have a new artist/writer for the anniversary year. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that after all of the Legion teasers/guest appearances we've been getting, it's still the threeboot Legion. I thought/hoped that between the Lightning Saga and Countdown we might see something different.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

armsfalloffboy, i agree. I am waiting for "THAT" announcement.

But I'm digging the latest creative team and I like this new preview pic...a lot!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Colossal Boy / Micro Lad looks *far* too much like something Liefield would draw. I bet those brown things are pouches...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Did Lyle ever wear that blue jacket and uniform in your avatar?

I think he wore it in the Titans/Legion Special just before the relaunch. Since then he really hasn't had a consistent look.
  This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.