Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Cartoon Trivia (Page 26)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Cartoon Trivia
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Superman?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
nope and nope. Let's narrow it down a little by saying it is one of teh original seven JLAers in teh JLU universe. Which kind of only leaves two possible answers....

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hawkgirl or J'onn J'onzz... hmmmm......

I'll guess J'onn

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Nope.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Hawkgirl?
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well since she hasn't been guess I'll go with Diana.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

It was indeed Diana. Before you had the shot of the various heroes runnign down the steps you had the Big Three standing together talking about there still being threats and Diana said something along the lines of 'As long as there's a Justice League the world is in safe hands'. A nice little finish to the series I thought and a great final line.

You're up again AL.

--------------------

ActorLad
Un-Famous

In one ep of PowerPuff Girls they all took new superhero identities, what were they and which PPG was which ID?

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Oh gods, that's a fantastic episode but I bet I can't remember their actual character names. Blossom was essentially Wonder Woman crossed with Superman I think (ie: the classic bright superhero), Buttercup was a Batman/Spawn cross with a big swirling cape and her big goth car and Bubbles was, rather brilliantly, a manga bunny character throwing out love and kisses and flower stickers and stuff and hopped everywhere. The sequence where she reads the manga strip (in Japanese I think) with the bunny and the rock is one of the surrealist most brilliant pieces of animation ever in the entire world. Also their uselessness at fighting the monster in the episode is a sight to behold. I can't remember why Blossom is late but Buttercup gets stuck in the traffic and Bubbles is late because she is hopping everywhere and hence takes forever to get there. He he he.

So, like i say, i can't remeber their actual new superhero names though.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Buttercup called Mange?

And Bubbles was something like Happy Happy Fluffy Bunny or some such.

That was an awesome episode. Nothing will ever beat Blossom stuck in traffic, Bubbles bouncing down the sidewalk on her pogo stick, and Buttercup waiting darkly on the couch for the sun to go down. Classic.

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Buttercup was Mange(inspired by a Spawn-takeoff comic called Spore), Bubbles was Harmony Bunny (inspired from a manga she was reading that I can't recall the title of) and Blossom was Liberty Belle (inspired by the WW-ish comic Freedom Gal).

Since KP got the closet answers it's his turn.

[ June 14, 2006, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Oh I'd forgotten that Bubbles was actually on a pogo stick and that buttercup wouldn't go out till dark. Genius episode. Truly genius.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

Yes it was. Well, let's keep the Powerpuffs in it for another question (this one is a two-parter.) In the first battle with Mr. Mime, how did Bubbles first attempt to defeat his rampage through Townsville, and once that first attempt failed, how did she ultimately succeed?

--------------------

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

He's the black and white clown isn't he? I'm not certain about what bubbles tries first, but I think she tried to colour everything in with her crayons but they went grey too. I might be confusing that with the episode where her drawings come to life though. However, I know they defeat him by forming a band and singing. It's all very yellow Submarine. And then the clown gets good because he's got his colour back but they still beat him up and put him in prison.

--------------------

Kid Prime
Founder

That's it!

"My crayons are beautiful... just not magic," Bubbles says mournfully.

I love Bubbles.

You're up!

--------------------

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.