Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My theory is that it's really Cooper, but he's not really a prisoner.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
P.S. Personal theory - that's not really John's Dad, Ben has just learned to control the 'monster'.

Interesting and weird. I can't imagine, though I would certainly like to see more of the smoke monster explained (I've taken to calling him "Roger" after the sentry in "The Prisoner", but that's just me). Still, I can't wait to see what "the man from Tallahassee" (Locke's dad) has to do with any of this.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, what'd'ya know? I just came across a translation of the Russian conversation from Enter 77. I wasn't looking for it or anything.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, Mikhail and I share a birthdate.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
After reading through all of those wikipedia pages, I've come up with a theory:

At some point during LOST, most likely towards the end of the finale season, we will see that Desmond and Penny (who will be on the island by then) go back and time and become 'Adam and Eve', the two skeletons from season one.

It just seems like we could end up seeing something similar to that and it would be hella-kewl. But of course, I could be waaay off.

Just b/c I'm all looking at Lost stuff all morning [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kinda funny that the ep begins with a guest star being killed off and ends with two guest stars being killed off....What a way to go. I can't believe they're really dead. It does seem like a bit of wasted time. I really like the episode--it was a nice little review of Lost history, without the ominous voiceovers. So do you think any of that history was actually restaged for the episode, or was it all "stock" footage left over or spliced in from earlier seasons?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So I know I'm so out of the loop compared to the people on the LOST site, but maybe you guys can help me confirm some stuff (I'm looking at you Arachne [Wink] ).

So the 'monster' is actually what is referred to as 'Cerebus' on the blast door map? And it had a 'catastrophic malfunction' at some point? Its primary nexus of activity is near the Black Rock (not that far from the Losties when compared to other stuff), and it definately is a security system, that might have had its malfunction when one of the hatches/stations (or all) had its shut-down (the map refers to both the Staff/medical facility and the zoological one, but we know that is on the other island).

And there are six known stations, though blast-door map had seven with one crossed out, and then an eighth in the middle. We know they are the Swan (original hatch/electromagnetic), the Staff(medical one/where Claire was), the Arrow (where the Tailies were), the Flame (where the Russian other was just found), the Pearl (the camera one) and the Hydra (which the others were using/where zoological experiments took place). But we now know the Hydra was on another island, so there may be a possible seventh hatch/station that would fill out the hexagram of six stations, all connecting in the middle to a possible middle one. The Hydra/island hatch, which could have its own underground tunnel stretching out under the ocean, would then create a pattern that would look suspiciously like Juliet's new brand.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So I looked for more info on the monster and found this, if anyone is interested:

"On the blast door map, several cryptic notations described a "system" named "Cerberus". It is believed these notations refer to the Monster or the "Security System". Also the Official Jigsaw Puzzles revealed that the CV notations on the Blast Door map stand for Cerberus Vent. More to that the notation "a mouse does not rely on just one hole" - originally in Latin on the map - implies that there is more to the underground of the Island than we know. It could be an interconnected set of tunnels, which could be used for traveling for one or more Monsters. "

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The actual number of stations, and whether they actually correspond to the ones on the map, has been a pretty substantial subject for debate. As has whether or not "The Pearl" is the middle hatch or one of the perimeter ones. On the one hand, Eko and Locke went to find the "?", which was at the center of the map, and they recognized it by the "?" on the ground at the site. On the other hand, the map seems to indicate the "Pearl" is one of the perimeter stations.

I think it's pretty clear that the monster "lives" underground. What else is underground, and whether anyone is presently in control of the moster, is an interesting question.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

There have been suggestions that there are people underground, but it's just a rumour so far.

I haven't gotten around to studying the map, yet. I think there's supposed to be a pull out copy in the next Lost magazine. (Which some stores already have on the shelf, although it's not supposed to be out till the 10th.)

At the moment, though, I'm more concerned about the rumours regarding Kate's character than the mysteries.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

One other thing on the Monster that I wonder if its been discussed: On www.lostipedia.com they have a list of false accusations made against the Others, which is pretty extensive, and shows just how wrong some of the Losties may be in their opinions of them. Basically, their most major crimes are all the kidnappings, hanging Charlie, and Ethan killing Steve in Season One.

While the other two can't be explained, I'm wondering more and more if Ethan really did kill Steve. When they found his body, all of his bones had been smashed, and the description of what happened to him was surprisingly similar to how Eko was described after his death earlier this season. I'm beginning to wonder if Ethan was wrongly accused (even if he promised he would kill one of them) and the Monster killed Steve in the same manner he did Eko.

Eryk Davis Ester

There's a certain faction of Lost fandom that subscribes to the theory that the Other really *are* the good guys. Even stuff like the hanging of Charlie, we didn't really see Ethan do it. We did see Goodwin kill Nathan with the Tailies, but Nathan was kind of mysterious as well, so it's speculated that he really was a spy, from the *evil* faction of Others.

The death of Steve seems to be the first hint that the Others could mysteriously attack from the sea, and really seems to be a setup for the revelation of the submarine this season.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

So I thought tonight's episode was pretty good, though it seemed like a bit of filler. What *was* the point of dragging Kate and Juliet out in the jungle and leaving them? We got some development for Kate, but seemed like the lesson she should already have learned last season when she was captured by the Others the first time after following Jack and the gang when they went after Michael.

I guess the most important tidbit was the fact that Juliet doesn't know anything about the monster.

I wonder if the survivors are going to move into the barracks?

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I hadn't thought about that. That might be interesting.

I thought it was good too, but definately felt like a 'filler' episode after the last few. I thought there were some good Sawyer/Hurley scenes, with the idea that they look to Sawyer as a leader when the other four aren't around. And Hurley's role in the group, though unspoken, continues to be very defined. I like how they show how Desmond has kind of taken over Locke's old role, and how the Sun/Sawyer thing will definately be reflected in Jin's upcoming episode. I checked btw, and Jin and Charlie are the only two who haven't had an episode out of the "Losties" (re: not counting Ben, other Others, etc.). So those two subplots, which have been perculating will definately be addressed (what Sawyer and Charlie did to Sun, the Desmond/Charlie/Claire story).

Locke has really regained his mysteriousness these last few episodes. The funny thing is, for the first time, I don't think the Others know what they're in for. Whereas usually you'd want to say "blah blah blah better not trust the Others here", you can pretty much say "if the Others are trusting Locke, they're in for some trouble".

Really looking forward to next week's episode where it looks like we'll start to get some concrete answers on the Others.

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
what about locke's "father", they decided to skip that whole thing for another, better be next week. To be honest, i think the whole thing with the others having locke's father is just a little over the top, almost jumping the shark.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.