Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
LOL Well the creators have been telling us all season that there's going to be a moment when some fans will say they'd jumped the shark.

Some good insight into Kate this episode. The apology to Jack wasn't too bad. She's talking as much to her mother as Jack. Still, he was awfully cold to her. Especially since what happened was mostly Locke's fault. I don't really like Jack, but that surprised me.

Someone on LF pointed out that all the aliases Kate uses are the names of saints.

I liked the Sawyer stuff. I thought it was a bit strange that he didn't see through Hurley's con faster, but I like Hurley's motivation. I wonder if there's a power struggle between Sawyer ans Jack coming up.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Just sat down and watched the first four of the second half of the season. Now to find time to watch the next five. I find Lost is much better if we can just watch three or more episodes in one sitting. Definitely a better show in large doses.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hurley's con was a little too simple, but that just to Sawyer's distrustful nature. And seeing him handle Aaron was creepy. He better practice tho' now that he's a daddy.

I like the Kate/Juliet dynamic. Let's see these two forced together more. But one question- did she have the handcuff key, knowing what was coming, or did the Others give it to her?

Not that I don't like the end of the love triangle, but Jack's kind of a puss. It didn't take long for him to fall for Kate, and now Juliet seems to have him smitten.

Good riddance to Locke. And while Jack's sorting out things with the ladies, Sayid scours the camp... He's the man!

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a bit confused by the whole "left behind" thing. Kate and Juliet they drag off to the jungle, but Jack and Sayid they leave in the village? Why would Juliet feel such a need to bond with Kate if Jack was also left behind (Juliet knew Jack was still there) and he would undoubtedly look out for her? (as he did at the end anyway) And why would Jack still be unconscious almost a day after Kate and Juliet woke up?

The Sawyer storyline was cute, but it seemed off to me that a con-man like Sawyer coudn't fake being nice and genuine any better. Besides, the real leader should be Hurley anyway.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I tend to agree with that last bit, but I think Hurley is the type to rule from behind the throne. I really hope we get to see Sawyer being successfully devious soon, either on island or in flashbacks.

Juliet might have felt that she need backing from more than just Jack, but the whole situation is weird. Why was Jack still unconscious? And why did Juliet insist that Kate go and get Jack herself? Wasn't Juliet just as worried about him? There's something else going on here. I'd like to know how long Sayid was unconscious, too, if he was at all.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any chance Juliet picked up a thing or two while married to Ben?

Maybe she arranged to be tossed with Kate. This would give her time to assess Kate's feelings for Jack and eliminate them. She obviously has feelings for Jack, and she would want to know Kate isn't going to make a play for him.

That explains the handcuff key. She sends Kate to get Jack, knowing his still raw feelings would dash any she has left.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I don't think we know for sure that Juliet was married to Ben, but we'll find out next week.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I'm thinking Jack's the snake.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Wasn't their marriage mentioned in the opening, during the book club meeting?

Damn me for not having TiVO.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's been implied that there was some kind of relationship that went sour between Ben and Juliet. I think the most explicit thing that's been said is that they have a "history". What exactly that history is has yet to be specified.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

quote:
Originally posted by the boy with UltraPowers:

BTW .... still not further info on who my friend Marsha is playing !!?? i guess she busy filming and meeting up with all the cast etc !!! hopefully she'll reply to my email soon ....

From the spoilers I've skimmed it sounds like she'll show up in the next couple of weeks, I think. Click Here For A SpoilerShe's apparently going to play a parachutist. My theory is that Penny sent her, but who knows?

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

There's a video interview with the cast here. It's got some interesting stuff in it. No huge spoilers, but some interesting tidbits. I particularly liked the interview with Evangeline Lilly at the end, although it doesn't give away anything.

--------------------

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
There is no question in my mind that Juliet is a plant. They/she has gone to a lot of trouble to earn Jack's trust. This is a great way to reset the parameters of the island--separate the Others from the Losties but still maintain a presence without any more incidents to amp up the Losties' paranoia. I'm pretty sure Sayid has figured that out.

The Juliet handcuffs thing (besides being oddly hot) seemed to be a setup to keep Kate and Jack apart--show her that Jack knew about Sawyer, and would hereto be unavailable.

Are we setting up a little Cyclops v. Storm "who will lead them" episode if Jack doesn't get back before Sawyer establishes himself as the leader Hurley wants him to be?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I think Juliet's too obvious, there's more to it than that. Click Here For A SpoilerThey're calling the cliffhanger "snake in the mailbox." That suggests that something really familiar is going to turn out to be dangerous. I'm still thinking Jack's the snake, but I've heard Sayid suggested, too, since he was alone on that swing set for so long. I've also heard Hurley suggested because we don't know exactly what happened to him after the Others let him go last season.

Besides, I like Juliet, I'm afraid that if she's the bad guy, they'll kill her off. [Frown]

I definitely think there's a power struggle coming up between Jack and Sawyer, I've know real spoilers to back it up, though. I hope this is what they mean about the "romantic" quadrangle continuing. Kate may have to choose between her leader and her lover and Juliet just makes the whole situation more complicated.

--------------------

Arachne
Bookworm

Oooh, good ep. I don't want to give anything away, but I really liked that. And it even backs up the stuff I've got spoiler tagged in the previous post. In a totally opposite kind of way.

--------------------

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed.

This is lost, never expect anything ever to be the truth.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.