Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Dieters Support Thread (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  73  74  75   
Author Topic: Dieters Support Thread
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Sketch, it's frustrating isn't? But you got it...more exercise less food. Maybe same amount of weight training but more cardio.

I'm 263lbs right now. But I am trying to get big. [Smile] Insane I know. lifting weights like crazy. [Smile] It's fun.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I whine a lot about being out of shape, but I seem to be unwilling to eat like a person who wants to lose weight....Still, I'm getting into the gym very consistently right now, and that's good. I do mostly cardio with some stretching and a few weight machines. I don't want to get big, I want to slim down, so I guess we have different goals, Jorge. Best wishes to you!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Heh! I haven't been to the gym since that post! I've been eating in a way I'd call "normal," not to many bad bad things, but no major emphasis on lean, clean foods. I don't think of Christmas time as being a more difficult time for eating right, there are just more options now. As always, it's about hitting the gym that brings me success.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm 273lbs. [Frown] I've been eating lots on purpose to get stronger..."bulking up" but as usual gained way too much fat than I wanted. Next month I HAVE to eat much cleaner. This is the most I ever weighed and honestly feel like crap half the time. The things I do to build muscle. Much more cardio next month.

I am guessing many of you will start losing again next month as well. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm so glad I have this thread as a record of some of my ABSURD thoughts on food!

"I don't think of Christmas time as being a more difficult time for eating right, there are just more options now."

HAH!!!!! I ate like a PIG everyday for a week before Christmas!! We had prime rib on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Oh, and don't be thinking that I just had a little.

I ATE ya'll.

So, now it's over and it's time for me to really try, because I'm goin' to Maui in less than 2 months!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

sketch, I've been eating like a pig since THANKSGIVING. I am going to try to eat a lot less this week so I can lots on the New Year's weekend. I am sick of eating. [Wink] Have to pace myself.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm watching what I eat, but haven't been to the gym at all. It does help. I had a terrible cold during the week surrounding New Year's Day, so I couldn't manage to do any exercise. I'm better now, but have begun a terrible cycle of staying up WAY too late at night and sleeping in WAY too late in the day. Then, I work evenings, so I wreck my gym time! It's always something.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I've been working out hard and eating clean for last two weeks...and yes that means cardio too! I've lost only 7 pounds this month. [Frown] Trust me most of it is temporary fat I gained eating like a horse on purpose the last three months...usually i drop twice as much when I start dieting.

ohwell kids spring and summer is right around the corner...time for us to start working on the sexy look. [Wink]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I've been eating really healthy and way less and I'm HATING IT!!!! Still haven't been back to the gym, but my company's annual fitness challenge is coming back and I'm doing it again. My evaluation is on Feb 9.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I am hating it also Sketch. After a week of hard working out and running...tonight I am hanging with the guys! Pizza and beer!!! I can't wait. Oh, um, i mean I will eat celery while everyone else pigs out. [Wink]

Sketch good luck on the fitness challenge. Is it like pushups, situps, etc?

Sketch Lad
Advisor

They weigh us, determine body fat percentage by pinching with calipers, test heart rate before and after using a step for a minute (or three?), they measure our flexibility in a sitting reach, and yes, count pushups and crunches in a minute. Then, three months later, we're tested again. I placed one year (7th). Otherwise, I generally do enough work to improve, but never place higher. This year, I really want to try harder because I'm going to Maui next month and I turn 40 in July!

Egad.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Went to the gym for a really quick workout today. Felt good. I ate too much last Saturday, but have tried to keep it clean otherwise. This is more difficult, the older one gets...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm doing Weight Watchers.

I'm very determined to get lighter than I have been in years.

Almost done with my third week, and it's going very well. This "points" thing is prett easy to follow and stick with.

At my second week weigh-in last Wednesday, I had lost a total of 9 pounds.

I'll update my progress periodically here.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Good luck LASH, but tell me if Weight Watchers is just as good as Jenny Craig, money-wise...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I have no idea.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 75 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  73  74  75   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.