Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Sixx: A.M."? As in Nikki Sixx?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. It is his new band. And the album is kind of a soundtrack to his autobiography.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Been a while, but here are the tracks that I've been grooving to most over the last coupla months:
Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining
Kylie - Speakerphone
Minus the Bear - Knights
Shins - Australia (Bjorn Yttling Mix)
1990s - See you at the Lights
Iron & Wine - Pagan Angel and a Borrowed Car
The Bird And The Bee - Polite Dance Song
Los Campesinos! - The International Tweexcore Underground
Portugal. The Man - Sugar Cinnamon

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Yep. It is his new band. And the album is kind of a soundtrack to his autobiography.

The Heroin Diaries? I'm half-tempted to check that out... [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Seether's latest albumn. The whole damn thing. Every last bit of it.

Chevelle - I Get It

Band of Horses - Is There a Ghost

The Real Tuesday Weld - The Ugly and the Beautiful

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna
Hello reality...leave a message after the beep.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teronna   Email Teronna         Edit/Delete Post     
The Used - The Bird and the Worm
A Thorn for Every Heart - Worthless
The Killers - Somebody Told Me
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
The Killers - When You Were Young

From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

The Heroin Diaries? I'm half-tempted to check that out... [Hmmm?]
I'll tempt you the rest of the way Bri. [Wink] I need to send you the copy of that Action variant I got you anyway.

For me Within Temptation is my latest listen. An actual recommendation from iTunes based on my love for Evanescence. They're a band from the Netherlands led by Sharon den Adel. Yes, I'm fascinated with yet another female lead singer. "The Heart of Everything" is the album and I'm tracking down the rest of their discography.

CJ, I totally agree with the Seether album. Excellent disc.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised Within Temptation hasn't come up before in this thread. Have you checked out Paramore? They are more No Doubt than Evanescence.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna

Paramore is pretty good, they're worth checking out.
From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Stuff I listen to daily;

Breaking Benjamin - So Cold, Polyamorous, Diary of Jane, Breath

Lacuna Coil - Enjoy the Silence, Heaven's a Lie

Hoobastank - Disappear, If I Were You

Three Day's Grace - Never Too Late, Pain, Home

I found out that Breaking Benjamin, Three Day's Grace and Seether on playing nearby this weekend and I'm kinda bummed that I won't be able to go. Last time these bands were in the area, they were opening for Nickelback, and I probably would have been one of those weirdos who show up for the opening act and then leave before the 'name' band starts up...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teronna

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

I found out that Breaking Benjamin, Three Day's Grace and Seether on playing nearby this weekend and I'm kinda bummed that I won't be able to go. Last time these bands were in the area, they were opening for Nickelback, and I probably would have been one of those weirdos who show up for the opening act and then leave before the 'name' band starts up...

Are you talking about the concert in NJ this weekend? I wanted to go to that, but sadly NJ is a bit far for me to travel at this time.
Lightning Lad
Founder

I thought Paramore sounded familiar. Just checked them out on iTunes (preview thru my iPhone). Misery Business and Crushcrushcrush are heavily rotated songs on one of our local alternative stations. Might be worth picking up an album if they all sound this good.

I did track down all of Within Temptation's non-US releases. Mother Earth is particularly excellent. Can't believe I've taken so long to find them.

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
That's Not My Name, by the Ting Tings.

It's Toni Basil's "Mickey" for the new millenium.

In a good way.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Back Door Slam - a young group out of England, with a bluesy sound. Think John Hiatt or Johnny Lang. "Roll Away" is their debut albumn.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Teronna:
Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet with Butterfly Wings
The Killers - When You Were Young

I love these two songs.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.