Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 39)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Helmet- Unsung. Been forever since I heard/thought of it... :headbang:

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
October 2008 playlist:
Ray LaMontagne - You Are The Best Thing
Mates Of State - Blue and Gold Print
The Streets - Heaven For The Weather
The Submarines - You Me and the Bourgeoisie
MGMT - Electric Feel
Franz Ferdinand - Lucid Dreams
Black Kids - Hit the Heartbrakes
Lykke Li - Breaking It Up
Mahjongg - Those Birds Are Bats
Santogold - Creator

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Charlemagne
Frisky Perchlorate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Charlemagne   Email Kid Charlemagne         Edit/Delete Post     
"A Victory Of Love", by Alphaville.

This band released its first album in 1984, and I turned 21 that year, but I only recently heard of them. I first heard "Big In Japan" a year or two ago on an Internet radio station, but it passed to the back of my mind, until I stumbled across it on YouTube, and it led me to other songs of theirs. I downloaded their first two albums from BearShare, and I liked them well enough to order them from Amazon. They should arrive in a week or so. [Smile]

--------------------
If your klordny lasts longer than 4 hours, seek medical attention.

From: Arkansas Province, Baaldur | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
"Oxford Comma" by Vampire Weekend
Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Late November 2008:
Killers - Losing Touch
Kanye - Amazing
Coldplay - Life in Technicolor II
Noah And The Whale - Rocks and Daggers
Friendly Fires - White Diamonds
Keane - The Lovers Are Losing (CSS Remix)

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The Cult- I, Assassin
Theory of a Deadman- Hate My Life

and a change of pace for me, after catching it on an episode of House, MD-

Mazzy Star- Into Dust

Just voice and acoustic guitar, so haunting though. [choke]

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm bit, shall we say, behind:

paper planes - m.i.a.
that's not my name - ting tings
so what - pink

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Brazilian stuff right now:

"Made In Japan," "Imperfeito" and other giddy stuff from Pato Fu.

(BTW, if there's a Portuguese-speaker in the house who knows even a cursory translation for a song called "Nome De Guerra" by singer-guitar goddess Joyce Silveira Palhano de Jesus and Paulo Cesar Pinheiro, let me know. I'll be your friend forever. Searched the net high and low and found nothing.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
name of war?

haha or do you mean the whole thing. oopsie.

do u have a link to the song or the lyrics?

[ January 16, 2009, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Disaster Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
DB, yeah, I figured out the title. [grin] There's a nice little snippet of the song here. Joyce and Pinheiro are both hugely prolific artists, but even on several directories of lyrics in the original tongue, I couldn't find transcription.

Hard Bossa is a wonderful disc.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobra Style by the Teddybears. Its funny.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Right now....

Ryan Adams - "Desire"
Mylene Farmer - "Sex Tonique"

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Every once in a while, I'll encounter music that I've somehow gone my whole life without hearing, then - the first time I do - I realize I've been incomplete without it. It happened a couple years ago with Nina Simone, again last year with Leadbelly.

Last night, I heard for the very first time, the album, "Astral Weeks" by Van Morrison.

OH... MY... GOD!!!

If, like pitiful Exnihil of yesterday, you have never listened to this album, stop whatever you are doing and find it. It is, very possibly, the most beautiful album I've ever heard.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know why... but right now the song get most play on my iPod:

"Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby" by Louis Jordan.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

"Illusion Suite," from Jane Bunnett's Spirituals and Dedications.

Dean Bowman (not to be confused with the pro football player of the same name) is the greatest vocalist that nobody's ever heard of (because he's always a sideman on others' discs).

--------------------

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.