Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » STRANGERS with CANDY (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: STRANGERS with CANDY
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Señor Widebottom:
Matthew Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker join cast of SWC movie!
Click for details!

WOW! If this is indeed true, the SwC movie just got the star-power it needed to be a contender!

Thanks, Senor!

(any word on a release date for Season 3 yet...?)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I was recently informed that Janeane Garofalo has joined the cast & filming is to begin this month right here in NYC!!!
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Amy Sedaris!!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

AWESOME news!! Jeaneane played that surly counselor in the "Daddy's Dead" episode, I hope she revises that role!

Sounds like this flick is gonna be great! I will actually break my usual no-theatre policy for this one!

Now, if they'd only hurry up and release Season 3...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
*squeals like a girl*

I hope Orlando is in it!

and can we dare hope a successful movie might convince Comedy Central to resurrect a weekly SWC show!?

[ May 23, 2004, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: kid chaos ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG, Orlando was so poor yet so sexy!!

--------------------

kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
I find that the poor are WAY sexier than the rich.
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

When Jerri called him "Poorlando" once, I just about fell off the couch!

--------------------

lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
UPDATE: Kristen Johnston(3rd Rock) has been cast as Coach Muffy Diver.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THIRD and final SEASON DVD RELEASE DATE is set for 9/28/04!!!!

TOUCH MY BODY, I'm excited!!!!!

--------------------

lil'rhino

"I'm as damp as a cellar down there. All millllldewy. Enter if you dare."

lil'rhino

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More news on the movie, from www.darkhorizons.com:

quote:
A while back it was announced that a feature film was in the works based on Comedy Central's "Strangers With Candy", a quirky cult TV comedy about a 46 year old junkie-whore who re-enters high school as a freshman to start her life all over again. Now Amy Sedaris, the show's lead has revealed on www.JerriBlank.Com not only some new names but more details on the roles of other characters:

"Matthew Broderick will be playing Dr. Beekman, a science teacher, while his wife, Sarah Jessica Parker, will play Peggy Callis, a grief counselor. Other name stars include Dan Hedaya as Guy Blank (who was killed off during the show), Sir Ian Holm as Dr. Putney, Philip Seymour Hoffman as a Board of Education member, and "Six Feet Under" star Justin Theroux as a Driver's Education teacher.

"Everwood" star Chris Pratt makes his feature debut as a high school jock. Natasha Richardson may star as well. The producers have got "Third Rock From The Sun" star Kristen Johnston on board as Coach Muffy Diver. Filming began Monday, June 28th and is expected to wrap up the last week of July".

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

"I'm not adopted and I'm not an Indian. It's just a coincidence that I have a love of gambling & booze and a knack for catching syphillis."

lil'rhino

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Unless my sources are mistaken, today sees the release of the third and final STRANGERS WITH CANDY season on DVD!

YAY!!!! Must get to DVD store!!!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

IGOTITIGOTITIGOTIT!!!!!!

$24.99 at SPIN STREET!!!! I snatched it up greedily and dared anyone to attempt to stop me!!!

My STRANGERS WITH CANDY set is COMPLETE!!! I don't need ANYONE or ANYTHING else NOW! NYAhahahahahahahahaha!!!!

The delay was caused by switching to a different DVD manufacturer or something. One improvement I noticed before even opening the DVD is that THIS set comes with closed captions, unlike the previous 2 sets.

--------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.