Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » STRANGERS with CANDY (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: STRANGERS with CANDY
Caleb
Member of Lash's Legion of Super Bitches

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caleb   Email Caleb         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I obviously need to see this show to understand what the HECK you guys are talkin' bout. [Confused]

--------------------
Bring Back Tellus :tellus:

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
the SEASON 1 DVD of SwC is available NOW!

Please check any and all political correctness at the door before viewing!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Caleb, you *must* discover the hilarity of Strangers with Candy! Highly recommended! It's not just un-PC, it's anti-PC, and it is gargantuanly funny!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I haven't... I need to ASAP?

Well... I must reserve judgment. I'm only on page 40 (which means I got thru the too-long introductory chapter and am just now getting into the good stuff). While it hasn't reached the heights of the show (probably b/c I just now am getting to the good stuff), there *have* been delirious moments that leave me rolling.

For those who want to know, Wigfield is a book written by the three masterminds behind Strangers with Candy.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read that Wigfield book yet, but heard from someone who did that it might've been better in audio form. They thought it would've communicated more of the irony.

(And if there's anything we could all use more of, it is communication of irony.)

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Does Comedy Centeral still air reruns of this show?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Actually I was recently-- within the past month or 2-- channel surfing at some ungodly hour when I came across a rerun of SwC on Comedy Central!

Don't remember what day or time it was though-- I was completely shocked...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

kid chaos

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kid chaos   Author's Homepage   Email kid chaos         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I figured it would only be aired at like 3AM or something. Too bad. At least there's the DVD.

Jellineck: "I was a complete zero, Jerri."
Jerri: "And now?"
Jellineck: "Well, now you could multiply that zero by hundreds."
Jerri: "Wow! That must be a lot."

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"Pee on me!"

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Just finished THE LAST TEMPTATION OF BLANK and it was excellent!

Winona Ryder was hysterical as the too-kewl Fran. And I loved how no one batted an eyelash when Noblet and Jellineck announced their "hot ass-thumping sex" to the class!

As for Jerri's "kewl kid" makeover... I wondered if the Jerri Blank persona would play well coming from the *actual* Amy Sedaris out of costume... it did. In a way it was probably even FUNNIER.

I hope Jerri keeps the "kewl" look for the SwC movie...

Question: Anyone get the notion from this episode that Comedy Central dropped SwC in favor of the sort-lived Julie Brown vehicle STRIP MALL?

It was pretty obvious, huh? IIRC, STRIP MALL was brand new at this time... I remember catching a couple of eps and liking it but NOT liking it more than SwC...!

--------------------

kid chaos

I liked Strip Mall too. There was another short lived Comedy Centeral show from this time I liked as well. Can't remember its name though. It was a sketch show and very funny. I think it was called "upright citizen brigade" or something.
At any rate, SwC was the best.
Why dosent CC show these cool shows any more?
Better than crap like the Man Show.

kid chaos

"Orlando, you can't be a pilgrim. The pilgrims had snowy white skin to match their pure Christian souls. They didn't sacrifice coconuts to their monkey gods."

[Embarrassed]
(It wasn't a PC show)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LOL braalian! Excellent quote! And true-- those who are easily offended should avoid SwC at all costs!

IIRC, that show was THE UPRIGHT CITIZENS BRIGADE and it came on after SwC so I always watched it. It was usually pretty good. The girl from that show is currently a castmember of SNL.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

re: no reruns of SwC-- it MAY be to boost sales of the Season 1 DVD... last time I checked, SwC was no. 6 on AMAZON's top 10 list... not bad... hopefully this will ensure the release of Seasons 2 & 3.

re: The Man Show... it wallows so much in its own man-filth that I can't help but like it... although I certainly dont seek it out to watch.

--------------------

kid chaos

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MLLASH:
[QB] re: no reruns of SwC-- it MAY be to boost sales of the Season 1 DVD... last time I checked, SwC was no. 6 on AMAZON's top 10 list... not bad... hopefully this will ensure the release of Seasons 2 & 3.

Wow, I didn't realize SwC was that popular. I too hope to see seasons 2 and 3 since those have the best episodes.

Speaking of shows on CC, has anyone seen the new show 'Reno-911'? I keep meaning to see it, but keep missing it. Is it any good?

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.