Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz Plaza - Google Hospitality Tent

Captain Metadata stood in a media scrum challenging the Legion World leadership to put Google's all-cash offer to a referendum.

Beleaguered citizens of Legion World waited in line waiting to use the wonderous Google search technology that allowed whatever the user searched for to appear before them.

Though B-tree and Blackberry were restricting the use of the Search Engine to practical necessities of life, they demonstrated the truly amazing capabilities by allowing Daily World reporter Ken Clarkson to enter 'date with Tinya Wazzo' into the engine. Clarkson and his date made a quick exit after promising a feature to on the date in the Sunday Edition of the World.

The assembled crowd including Winema was dazzled and amazed. High above the Plaza in the Psyonian Embassy the Legion World Leadership looked on worried.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Border of the United Planets and the Barbarian Hordes

“There,” said Dominus, calm in his self-confidence. “That planet there. One last attack before we move into Dark Oval territory, to remind the United Planets that we aren’t held so easily in check by our borders. We’ll take a small contingent there while the army moves to the Dark Oval borders. Kill any soldiers or resistance and enslave the rest. We’ll need servants to do our daily work during this coming Dark Oval campaign.”

“Yes my Khan, we head for Bismol” said the warrior to his side, a large female Barbarian with a double-horned helmet on her head. “Victory is close.”

“Yes,” he replied, “I can taste the metallic nectar of spilled blood.”

The Border of the United Planets and the Dark Oval

“We make our stand at Bismol,” said Saturn Girl. Holding Spellbinder’s hand, the two LMBers combined their telepathic might to reach out across space and hone in on the Barbarian army walking dangerously close to UP territory. The power of the two strong females was underestimated by even themselves, and they had no problem learning the direction of the army.

“Bismol it is then,” said Actor Lad to the rest of the LMB, upon hearing the confirmation. “I’ve got an idea on how to proceed. I’d prefer no loss of life at all, but Bismol is our main priority. Our heavy hitters, Abin and Pov, will move in on their own to flank, while the rest of us follow my lead.”

Interlude: The Dark Oval

Though recent join partners in the war on Legion World and the United Planets, it was very rare for the Dominion and the Hrykosian Clan to have their highest ranking political heads meet face to face. Despite being a united front, the Dark Oval cartels were allowed to act on their own or in joint ventures without the other members, so long as those plans did not hinder the rest of the Dark Oval. Only on less than a half-dozen times had all five members of the Dark Oval have their heads of state meet in one place.

Thus, it was unusually rare that the Lord Hrykos and the Dominion Patriarch would meet, and do so in secret, without making an ordeal out of it. There was plenty of reason: the oncoming war with the Barbarian Hordes, the failed invasion of the United Planets and Legion World, and the perceived loss to the United Planets military and the forces of Cobalt Kid. These were all reasons to lobby to bring the entirety of the Dark Oval down upon all of the universe, no matter what the consequences. But this was something else entirely.

“I find your news most displeasing and most distressing,” said the Dominion Patriarch. “It appears your recent house-cleaning in search of traitors has incorporated the entire Dark Oval.”

“Yes,” said Lord Hrykos, “and with the results I never expected. Traitors in our organization are unprecedented! We take pride in our own willingly dying for us before they’d turn. But this—THIS! This is unacceptable, and must be dealt with accordingly.”

“Agreed. We have been your ally throughout, and we continue to be so, as it suits our needs as well. We cannot tolerate betrayal in the Dark Oval, no matter how high is ranks. The entire Black Sun has betrayed us.”

“Yes. They worked against us even during our invasion and war. They sent subversive elements to Legion World to hinder our abilities. We must seek retribution. We must punish them.”

Both now, turned to a larger view screen. Only the two of them were in this most secret of places, in this room. A voice spoke, and the power of it echoed loudly, even through the monitor. “The other two-fifths will agree, as do I. Seek out your retribution. The Dark Oval prevails.”

“The Dark Oval prevails!” they replied. The Dominator Patriarch simply nodded and moved on, its analytical mind now calculating the multitude of ways this could be used to their advantage. Lord Hrykos allowed a blood-thirsty grin to glide over his face for a brief second, and then he prepared to get his revenge.

[ October 16, 2006, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Crusader
Prince of Psyonia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Crusader   Email The Crusader         Edit/Delete Post     
Medical Center, LMBP Plaza

< The Crusader had lost track of how long he had been strapped into the scanning device, using his telekinetic powers against the weight press above him. Doctor One was seated nearby, going over the data coming in. And although he couldn't see him, he was picking up Maxx's thoughts from the waiting room down the hall, and his worry was broadcasting loud and clear through the soul-link. >

[Doctor One]: Okay, Crusader, I want you to give me one last push, with everything you've got.

< Turning his head upward, the Crusader gathered his will and then pushed. Suddenly, the weight press buckled and twisted, and then flew upward through the ceiling. The the ceiling above that. And the one above that. They could just make out the crash as the mangled machinery landed in the trees that encircled the Medical Center. >

[The Crusader]: Errrr... oops.

< Doctor One looked up from his clipboard. >

[Doctor One]: Oops, indeed, Your Highness. I guess I should have been expecting that.

< As the straps unbuckled themselves, the Crusader stepped down from the scanner and put his shirt back on. >

[The Crusader]: So, what's the verdict, Doctor?

[Doctor One]: Well, I have compared the data from your last check up with the data I gathered today, and as near as I can tell, your power levels are showing a 50% increase. And I'm not even certain if they are done rising.

[The Crusader]: I'm not going to go all evil and attack Legion World am I?

[Doctor One]: Are you feeling evil?

[The Crusader]: Well, I've got the munchies, but that's from fasting before this appointment.

[Doctor One]: Well, unless you decide to mutilate something for breakfast, I wouldn't worry too much about it. < He crossed the room to stand next to the prince. > To be honest, Psyonian physiology is not one of my stronger areas. This could be completely normal, or could be a symptom of some other problem. My best advice to you would be to talk to a physician back home.

< The Crusader shook his head to clear it. >

[The Crusader]: Well, I think I'll do that sooner, rather than later. I can work around moving the furniture when I'm not paying attention, but I'm having trouble blocking out other people's thoughts, and there are some minds I would just as soon stay out off, you know what I mean?

< Doctor One frowned, and wondered if the Crusader meant him. >

[The Crusader, sighing]: No, I didn't.

From: LMBP Outpost | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Amazon dot Command

A large planet full of millitant Amazon women who just happened to be experts in information technology.

"Sisters! The Googlian Patriarchy has betrayed us. They intend to take Legion World for themselves."

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Crusader
Prince of Psyonia

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Crusader   Email The Crusader         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza

< The Crusader sat in his living room, staring incredulously at the hologram before him. Maxx the Sorcerer, seated next to him, whistled softly as he sank back into the cushions. >

[The Crusader]: You want to run that one by me again, Dad?

[King Hrold (sheepishly)]: We thought it was for your own good, son. Every 6 generations or so, a Psyonian is born with mutated genetic potential. Their gifts are manifested at power levels far exceeding their ability to control them. More often than not, the result is madness, or even death.

When your mother and I learned that you and Crujectra were born with mutated potential, we took steps to… control that.

[The Crusader]: What exactly does that mean, father?

[King Hrold]: Your mother and I, along with a few trusted advisors, constructed psionic barriers in your minds to limit the amount of psionic power you could access. We had planned to gradually remove these barriers as you got older, and allow you to gain control over them slowly.

But then you two ran off to join the LMBP, and the barriers seemed to be holding, so we decided to leave things as they were.

[The Crusader (sarcastically)]: Good plan, dad. It was much better to just wait to tell me until after I tossed my husband around the bedroom as I slept.

< As furnishings around the room began to vibrate, Maxx leaned forward and placed a hand on his husband’s arm. >

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: Easy, honey. Keep yourself calm… it will make it easier to stay in control.

< The Crusader closed his eyes and counted to ten. The furnishings ceased their trembling. He slowly opened his eyes again. >

[The Crusader]: So, exactly how powerful are we?

[King Hrold]: Honestly? I don’t know. Your power levels were off the scale when we first discovered your talent. The best guess our doctors had was that you and Crujectra were the strongest psionics to be recorded in nearly 400 years.

[The Crusader]: Swell.

[King Hrold]: What can I do to help you, my son?

[The Crusader]: Father, at the moment, I think you’ve helped enough. From here on out, I’ll trust my LMBP family to see me through this.

[King Hrold]: Son, please… this was done for your own good…

[The Crusader]: Good bye, Your Majesty.

< The Crusader deactivated the holo-communicator and sank back into the couch. Maxx leaned close, putting his arms around his husband. >

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: We’ll get through this, Mykel.

< The Crusader sighed and closed his eyes. >

[The Crusader]: I hope Crujectra is all right. I won’t be able to contact her until she returns from her mission. I just hope she can stay in control long enough for us to deal with this.

From: LMBP Outpost | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Clark Marlowe's Office. The Legion World Herald.

Ace reporter Clark Marlowe dictates notes into his Omnicom....

"Omnicom, create new file entitled 'Who is Bat-Fem?' and transcribe the following..."

acknowleged. file created. proceed.

"It's been a week since Mr. White assigned me to this case, and I'm not much closer to discovering her identity. However, I've compiled an intriguing list of suspects in my research. There's no way to know at this point if I'm on to anything, but here are my best shots at this time:

1)Hummer Lass. Yes, she's been arrested in connection with the murder of HUGEMANBREASTS, but my source in the Security Office says her mental state has been demonstrated to be highly erratic and unstable. She may be psychopathic and/or have multiple personalities. Bat-Fem hasn't been sighted since Hummer Lass was arrested, so--? Maybe one half of her is a psycho and the other half thinks she's a hero? Odder things have happened!

2)Jada Konti. Most people have never heard of her, but I believe she was the green woman implicated with Cobalt and Lard Lad in those holos the Dark Oval provided as 'evidence' of their crimes. No one supposedly knew who she was, but I'm not the galaxy's best reporter for no reason! She's an outstanding hand-to-hand combatant, and none of my sources have been able to locate her since she fled the Hrykosian district with Lardy and Cobalt. Bat-Fem has been described as caucasian-complected, but skin-dyeing or holographic disguise could explain that.

3)Kalla Hryl. My source at Vee's Villa says this is the name of an ex-patriot Hrykosian who is hiding out there. Apparently, she's the first-ever known Hrykosian traitor and did so because of some sort of conscientious objection to her government's practices. As yet, I don't have anything more specific on her.

It should be noted that I pursued Invasion arrivals Rockhopper Lass and Helena Handbasket as suspects as well, but I feel safe in eliminating them based on reported alibis provided by some reliable sources of mine.

So why these three? Well, they're all I could come up with so far. I'm using the working theory that the Dark Oval Invasion may have been a catalyst for Bat-Fem somehow based on the timing of her first appearances. Konti and Hryl fit that bill. And all the furor over Lard Lad and his alleged crimes could've pushed Hummer Lass, who many believe has long been obsessed with Lardy, over the edge of insanity.

I also considered that Bat-Fem works without the sanction of the LMB. These three would definitely be outsiders in that regard.

Does Bat-Fem have a connection to Lard Lad? A source says when she called in the tip upon supposedly finding his dead body, her voice seemed distraught, as if she was grieving over him. If that intuition is accurate, it strengthens the first two theories as those suspects have some proven connection to him. There's no reason to believe the third suspect has ever even met him. Of course, Bat-Fem could simply be a fan of Lardy's--who knows?

So is Bat-Fem one of my three best guesses? Honestly, probably not! But they are starting points in my investigation, at least. My next step is to go undercover in Old Town and try to dig deeper, possibly catch her in action (if she's not Hummer Lass, that is!). Old Town is really dangerous these days, but I didn't get my 'Ace' reputation by playing it safe!"

[ October 30, 2006, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Barbarian Hordes, the Khanate of Carthac

Quietly, they flew into the planet, doing the best they could to not be caught no radar or omin-com. Despite the moniker ‘Barbarian’, the Hordes were anything but. They had able technology that could detect intruders easily. The LMB’s tech, however, was just that much better. And so Cobalt Kid and Jailbait Lass descended into the Khanate of Carthac for the first time, and Cobalt was the first of all of his agents to have ever done so. Not even Danger Damsel would willingly have risked it, given that this was the center of UP hate in all of the Barbarian Hordes. Even S.H.A.G., Cobalt’s robot hip-hop sidekick was quiet now.

The Khanate of Carthac was in a way what they had expected it to be. It was highly militarized, with the daily protocol of the military evident in all that worked in a city: traffic adjusting accordingly, food served at specific times, etc. There was also statues and monuments built to great battles. Slavery was rampant and there was an obvious split between the ruling class and the common class. There were some that held onto the old ways and did not clean themselves, but most were somewhat cleanly, if also garishly dressed in overly technological armor.

But there was one striking difference. Both the citizens and the military seemed in tune with the proceedings taking place in the center of the city. The proceedings of the Black Sun. Evidently, Cobalt and the UP under-estimated the influence of the Black Sun in the Barbarian Horde.

Bismol

Loudly Dominus arrived, flying towards Bismol and blasting apart the satellite stations that surrounded it. Like all UP planets, Bismol had a Grand Central Space Port, and Dominus focused a large portion of this small military unit towards it in a trident formation, to blast it apart and proceed downwards toward the planet-side.

“Dominus,” said one his chiefs, “we’ve received the distress call from the Bismollian ambassador! He would like to open negotiations.”

“Ha! Tell him when I drink out of his skull as if it was a wine glass, our negotiations can begin.”

“My Khan…” said the chief again, now feeling nervous at continuing this conversation, “…it appears to be a Khund. He says he has some things he’d like to barter. Two members of the Legion of Message Board Posters.”

Dominus hesitated now, and all were silent. A Khund? Here on Bismol? Had Khundia attacked the UP and he did not know? After all, Dominus himself was half-Khund. Khundia might be a welcome ally in the planned multi-front war against the Dark Oval and the United Planets. If they had pre-empted Bismol, this could work out well. At last, he realized he must decide quickly—it was too interesting to ignore. “Tell him I’ll speak with him.”

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World Office of Security. Outside the Detention Area.

"Shady?" Dedman says as he walks up to the legendary Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass. "What's up? Why did you need to see me?"

"We've got to find, Matty!" she answers.

"Isn't he searching for Lard Lad, like the two of you agreed?"

"Yes, sweetie, but I have reason to believe Hummer Lass has been manipulated, as she claims."

"Oh?" Dedman says, his interest peaked.

Seeing he wants to hear more, Candace decides to tell him, "probing through her memories, I saw something very disturbing, something I saw in poor Hugh's memories."

"Well?"

"Deddy, I saw the scarred man that Hugh called 'Mr. Drall' in the background when this 'Wyandotte' was beating her. It was the same man Hugh remembered! He had those same, familiar eyes!"

"Oh my," Dedman pondered, "this could be big!"

"What's more, sweetie, is that I now know where I'd seen those eyes before--they're Lardy's eyes!"

"Huh?" he replied as he pondered that both the apparent bad guys seemed to be Lard Lad from appearances. "Sounds like we need to account for some Lard Lads..."

"Definitely," she replied, a haunted look in her eyes.

[ October 18, 2006, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Near Dr. Mayavale's Mediation Tent

Seth came to a halt in his wanderings as he felt agitation from his crystal children. What's wrong? he thought to them, as he started looking around to see what might have set them off. No danger was in sight, but as his head turned the crystals sent a surge of concern... and an image of Helena.

He blinked. "Helena -- you want me to find her? Why?" They answered as best they could, with her image and a sense of fear. Didn't know you could do this... Seth sent to them, as he followed their lead through the city to a less desirable section. He knew that he'd often shared telepathic contact with Dalnaturi, whether through the Witchblade or the link between their crystal children -- but Helena didn't possess either of them. After some jogging, he finally came to a pink and white building in disrepair. Down the alley at its side, a door stood open; its knob was broken off. Tensing, Seth carefully made his way inside...

Inside the old Ice Cream Parlol
The place was silent, but the footprints in the dust made it clear that someone had been through here. Seth followed the trail; at its end was Helena standing stock-still before a desk. "Helena?!" he asked, as he moved forward to check on her. Past her, Seth spotted a boxlike machine topped with a large glowing sphere; then the sphere flashed and...

Seth blinked, trying to focus his eyelets. <<Even if you're on leave, that's no excuse not to train!>> said someone before him; a male voice, strong and familiar... Another couple of blinks, and the figure came into focus. He was yellow-skinned, with a salt-and pepper crewcut; the left eye was faceted blue, but the right was a silver sphere in the midst of burn scars that covered that quarter of his face. The outfit was a simple gray sweatsuit, appropriate for the small gym they were in.

<<Father..?!>> Seth asked, starting to step forward -- then he halted. In his mind, he heard the fearful screeches of his crystal children... but he couldn't see them on his body. Seth shook his head rapidly. <<No, father... you're dead; I watched you die! I watched the world die -- time after time! And I couldn't ever stop it from happening! No-one ever listened!>> A red haze swam before Seth's eyelets as he snarled, <<How dare you -- you damned mindtapper! HOW DARE YOU?!>> Seth's now-glowing right hand lashed out at the image of his father; he felt the contact as his hand slammed onto something hard and flat, then felt it shatter under his palm...

And Seth was left standing in the office -- the few remaining bits of the desk scattered on the floor. Behind him, he heard a thud; turning, he saw that Helena had collapsed to the floor, stunned. The crystal children's coos of concern helped bring Seth down from his rage; he'd forgotten that he had been here to help Helena. Concern on his face, he moved to her right side and knelt down to check on her; his left arm supporting her shoulders to lift her up from the floor. "Helena? Helena... speak to me?"

Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
Streets of Legion World

“Despite sensationalizing by the media, the streets remain relatively calm and safe, my friend,” said Liberty Monkey, “such is the workings of the LMBP.”

Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II nodded. The spunky young lady walked past the mobs of people, and noticed a rather large looking ruffian ogling her and blowing a kiss at him. “Hey pal,” she said, “back off!”, using her power to suddenly make him start screaming like a little girl! Running through the streets, he turned around and pointed, screaming about the Dark Oval and the Invasion. “That should do it,” smiled KGSR II.

“Look at who he was pointing at,” said Liberty Monkey, as the two turned to see an incognito Lonestar Ranger (formerly Space Ranger of the Dark Oval) following them! “Greetings Space Ranger! I do not believe this to be coincidence!”

KGSR II leaped forward suddenly grabbing the Ranger, although the larger man didn’t make a move. His blaster sat calmly in his holster, and he looked at her. “I don’t want any trouble,” said the Ranger. “I want answers. In the last twenty-four hours I’ve heard three separate incidents refer to a mysterious ‘52’, the most ominous being Dormant Damsel’s outburst. Since I’m persona non grata around here, I want in on this case. I’m not going anywhere soon and I need to get in Legion World’s favored side—and quick.”

“Right,” said KGSR II, “or maybe you want to find out what the mystery is and use it to your own advantages. Eryk told me about the Dark Oval, and how its lawman couldn’t be trusted.”

“Well,” said the Ranger, “your boyfriend Eryk isn’t here, is he?” he smiled. “And I’m coming with you.”

“…not my boyfriend anymore…” muttered KGSR II.

“Very well, Ranger,” said Liberty Monkey, “since you’ll be following us anyway. We are going to find Tamper Lad for his help on this. Reboot appears to be in the anomaly still, although his help is not guaranteed anyway.”

“Good, Tamper Lad will know what to do,” replied the Ranger. “And he’s usually up for cutting a deal to get me some glory…”

Elsewhere

Lucien Lad and his friend watched on, curious to these developments. “Booooooring,” said Lucien Lad. “I’m supposed to watch this for *how* long?”

“For awhile still, I’m afraid,” said his friend, “but this look will help you later. After all, haven’t you come to trust the Phantom Stranger?”

Lucien Lad smiled, pouring another glass of wine for both of them.

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bismol

“Foolish Khund, how dare you!” yelled Dominus in rage, pulling out his techno-sword! “For that you die!”

Minutes earliest the Khundish ambassador of Bismol had entered Dominus’ ship with the LMBer known as Kid Prime in tow. The latter was completely bound and chained, and the former, who was an oddity, stepped forward. “I am Ambassador Gharlak urkurik il-arvarick NakTorvik!” he said, “of the Royal Khundish Fleets. This is my war feline,” he added, pointing to the small cat besides his feet. Dominus and his crew did not know whether to laugh or scream in bloodthirsty rage. What was a Khund doing here on Bismol? “I have one request,” continued the Khund. “Lay down your weapons, dock your ships, and pay homage to the greatness that is Bismol!” And that’s about the time Dominus screamed in rage.

“Ah,” said the Khund, his voice suddenly more whimsical. “Put that is where you are wrong!” He smiled now and paused for dramatic effect. “Not the dying part, which I personally think will also be wrong—but the Khund part! For you see, I am not a Khund at all!!” he added and the Barbarians gasped. So much so, that Kid Prime began to giggle a little. Suddenly the Khund ripped off a mask—so perfect that none had been able to realize it was indeed a mask. Underneath was the face of Actor Lad. “I’m actually Actor Lad, Leader of the Legion of Message Board Posters…and you’ve just fallen victim to my powers of super-acting!”

As rage perculated in each Barbarians throats, they had an instant to react before everything sprang into action! The cat, who was Fat Cramer, grew in size and instantly leaped upon Dominus, knocking him backwards and clawing at the massive figure. Actor Lad turned and punched the nearest Barbarian in the face, as Kid Prime revealed the chains to be nothing more than robot extensions of himself, and moved forward. “I’ve got the ship” he yelled, running off.

“Three against an army? You are foolish then,” said one of the soldiers, as Fat Cramer leapt off, moving backwards so her back was to Actor Lad.

“Oh, we are more than three,” said Saturn Girl, revealing herself and Spellbinder, who had remained invisible to them via Saturn Girl’s telepathy. “A little tele team-up?” said Saturn Girl.

“Love to,” replied Spellbinder, clapping her hands forward that sent a telekinetic burst knocking all the warriors backwards. “Dominus dear, do us a favor and call all your soldiers to this room, so we don’t have to go looking for them.” Scores of troops fell backwards and Saturn Girl gave Crujectra a playful inquisitive look. “That’s odd,” thought Crujectra, “a little more power in that one than I’d meant…”

Outside in space the rest of the armada waited for word from the main ship, not knowing what was happening. A soldier would have to have excellent eyesight to see the small teleportation hole open up above one of the ships as Outdoor Miner brought Yellow Kid into the middle of the fleet. “I don’t know how exactly wind powers work in space, but then again, my old drinking buddy was a 40’ giant robot lesbian, so what do I know?” said Miner as they arrived.

Yellow Kid grinned. “Don’t worry. Back when I was the leader of the villainous Primary Colors Gang, this was my specialty.” Using his powers he began to move at super-speed in a tornado fashion and suddenly the ships began being ripped apart. Crashing and colliding with each other, the soldiers were now aware of what was happening.

“How’s our flank?” said Outdoor Miner into his walking ring.

“Call it a rout,” said Abin Quank, moving forward at top speed with a giant green shovel scooping ships into a small space. “Welcome to the United Planets fellas.”

By his side, Poverty Lad moved at super-speed through space, smashing through ships with his super-strength. His Martian abilities allowed him to change his size accordingly, using enough mass to destroy the ships fighting abilities but keep the soldiers alive. In his head he could hear pleas from the soldiers and bribes being offered up to him, ‘the Martian Devil’. “Save your Barbarian currency,” he replied, “even Poverty Lad only takes the good stuff.”

By now Kid Prime had reached the lead ship’s control consuls, easily making short work of anyone in his way. He transformed his fingers into electrical wires and plugged himself in. Within an instant, he had seized control of the ship.

Dominus lunged forward at Actor Lad and Fat Cramer, looking to take off both their heads. Actor Lad moved to the side, while Fat Cramer shrank down to cat form, ran under his sword arm and up his side. Clawing at his eyes, she made him drop his sword, as Actor Lad swept out his feet. Around them everywhere, men fell from the technological assault.

“Barbarians! You have declared war on the United Planets with this act! In doing so, you have violated countless treaties and years of diplomacy!” Spellbinder’s voice echoed in all their heads. “For that, you should get no quarter! But you can end this now, by taking your ships and returning to your borders! Leave only your leaders, who will stand trial for their crimes!”

Technological silence ensued. But it was evident the Barbarian fleet, although a fraction of the Barbarian army, was not prepared to fight a host of LMBers if there was legions more of them. A few ships flew off quickly, followed by many others.

And so it was over before it even began. “That wasn’t so bad,” said Poverty Lad, flying down to join the others.

“It could have been,” said Actor Lad, “we’re trying for the diplomatic way out. We can’t be in every battle and that small fleet could have done serious damage—it could have razed Bismol. And that’s only a small portion of the military might beyond those borders.”

“Yeah,” said Pov, “but we’re here. And we’re not allowing damage. Let the Dark Oval and the Barbarian Horde fight it out. We’ve sent our message: leave the United Planets alone. They didn’t—and now we’ve got Dominus.”

The Crusader
Prince of Psyonia

Legion World Mall, Legionnopolis

< The Crusader and Maxx strolled along through the mall, stopping before storefronts from time to time. To the casual observer, they could be any celebrity couple out for a shopping expedition. They were not in the mall today to shop, however. >

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: Mykel, are you sure that this is the easiest way to do this?

[The Crusader]: I know it probably sounds strange, but learning to control telepathy is different than learning to control telekinesis. With telekinesis, for example, you are typically working your way up, slowly increasing your power levels as you get stronger. With telepathy, however, the trick is to block everyone out, and then learn to let them back in one at a time.

Right now, my problem is keeping people out of my head. And believe it or not, coming to a crowded place like the mall will help me out.

< Maxx was skeptical, but his face showed nothing but support. Under control again, the Crusader began to move down the promenade again, letting the thoughts of hundreds of sentients flow over his shields as though they were nothing. It took a great deal of concentration to do this right now, but as his control over his increased power levels grew it would become second nature again. >

[Unknown female]: Stop! Thief!

< The two Legionnaires turned toward the shout, and saw a middle aged woman nearby, her packages dropped to the floor. She was shouting at a young man running away from her, a purse held in one hand, its broken straps whipping around wildly as he ran.

< Maxx prepared to cast a spell, but sensing Mykel’s power build-up, he hesitated. One hand reaching out, the Crusader instinctively surged out with telekinetic force, his goal being to detain the fleeing thief. The results were… not altogether unexpected. Suddenly, every shopper ranged out before them stopped in their tracks, unable to move. Luckily, of the eighty people now held immobile, the thief was one of them. >

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: Well, on the bright side, you stopped the thief.

[The Crusader (scowling)]: Your commentary is not required, dear.

[ October 19, 2006, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: The Crusader ]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

An isolated, overgrown graveyard in a remote section of Legion World.

The scarred man known as Ord Drall completes an Omnicom conversation with his ally Wyandotte…

“Yes, Wyandotte, I’m clear about the next step in our plan, and I will execute my part at the agreed-upon time. Ord out!”

Ord turns off his Omnicom and tosses it aside.

“Enough of that rubbish! I grow tired of playing the pawn to that idiot! As soon as he’s outlived his usefulness---”

He cuts his sentence off as a particular gravestone catches his eye.

“Ah. So there it is. What a pitiful memorial! I suppose ‘villains’ don’t get suitable burials in this place. They will pay for this.”

“I was as close to death as humanly possible, burned from the inside out by that traitoress who was supposed to be on my side.” He runs his hands over the horrible burn scars that cover his face, ”But she underestimated the greatness of my power…it regenerated me even as I lay in this pauper’s grave. In time I teleported myself out and continued the healing process…it continues to this day, as I have yet to recover my full power. That’s why I must tolerate that fool Wyandotte! For the time being…”

He looks around him and at the stars above.

“This artificial planet is quite remarkable. There’s nothing like it in my dimension. I think I shall enjoy destroying it someday when I am whole again. Ah…when I am whole, I’ll return to my home and kill all of those fools who opposed me and betrayed me, starting with the traitoress who burned my flesh. And I will reclaim my wife as my own again, whether she likes it or not!”

“And then…I will fulfill the destiny mapped out for me by the Church of the Eternal Void by destroying my entire dimension to remake it the way it is supposed to be. After that I will return here and do the same!”

“My foolish counterpart…how he fights his destiny! And his choice of mates is so richly ironic--HA! Well, I’ll gladly relieve that fool of his life and his burden, and I’ll be the savior of two dimensions!”

“But for now, I’ll have to be patient and bide my time, hard as it will be to do so. It will all pay off in due time. And when it does, two universes will tremble at the sound of my name, as it should be!”

And with purple energy loosed from his fingertips, he blasts the gravestone and teleports away.

Moments later, a woman arrives at the gravesite dressed in strange garb with a bat motif to it. Carefully, she assembles the pieces of the gravestone so that its words in Interlac can be read. Looking at the words, the woman known as Bat-Fem is overcome with emotion.

“It is him!” she whispers and then flees, as if she were running from the Devil himself.

The reassembled gravestone lies where she left it. It’s epitaph: ‘Here lies Lard Lord of Earth-4

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Quislet's Table

Rockhopper Lad stared across the table, dumbfounded.

"Eudyptes, you look as if you've seen a ghost!" Rockhopper Lass said.

"I--I--Adelie, Blaine Fey was Openly Gay Lad."

"Who?"

"I guess you don't remember him. He was from your universe and a member of the SMB." The Pyngwyn Prince began to tear up. "He was--that is...he and I..."

"They were in love" finished Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle.

"What happened to him?" Rockhopper Lass asked.

"He was killed in the Invasion. He was a real hero. I've never loved anyone as I loved him."

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"I appreciate that, Adelie, but what do you remember about him?"

"I'm not sure. He--he was there I think."

"But he died before you disappeared."

"I wish I could tell you more. He was there. And--and someone else too."

"Who?"

"I'm sorry, Eudyptes. That's all I know."

Old Dutch the Super Cow looked up from her grass and said, "Maybe it was the Blaine Fey of this universe."

The Rockhoppers and Hyvvie looked at her, shocked.

"What?" Old Dutch asked. "I'm old, not stupid!"

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Barbarian Hordes, the Khanate of Carthac

Caracalla conducted his ceremony, truly a master at holding the attention of his audience and ensuring their complete and utter love for him and his beliefs. The mere presence of Caracalla meant a continued infectious growth of the Black Sun. His hold over the ‘barbarians’ was undeniable. They were fierce, independent and prone to divisiveness. But he had given them faith and something to believe in. They now had a common cause in the war with the Dark Oval, and a common ground to stand on in the Black Sun.

Cobalt watched on with Jailbait Lass next to him, S.H.A.G. staying look-out outside. They had gathered a great deal of intel on the Barbarian Hordes, the Khanate of Carthac and the Black Sun. Now it was time to see the face of the enemy. So at last, Cobalt had finally seen Caracalla after all these years. The rumors, the searches, the secrecy—he finally had confirmed his suspicions that Caracalla did indeed have plan to take over, and to use Elagabolus to do it. Cobalt seethed with anger, and did his best to calm down and let it leave his system. Focusing on his spiritual powers he tried to filter it out. But he kept thinking of Scipio and of Danger Damsel. Both dead. Two more of his friends.

Caracalla preached on, and Cobalt went through his head. LardLad engaged to be married to Whordru? What was Lardy thinking? He hadn’t spoken to Lardy since he’d punched him in the face right before the full invasion kicked off. They’d saved each other’s lives, but hadn’t spoken one word. What did that mean? Legion World was still being cleaned up, but a mere two months later and things had fallen back to normal. A murder in the streets? And Matlock still a baby? Reality disruptions—again? The last time there were reality disruptions he’d lost two more of his best friends, Space Ranger and Emerald Empress. How many, he wondered, were doomed to die in the next crisis?

Jailbait Lass put her hand on his forearm and gave it a light squeeze. He stopped thinking and looked at her. She could pretty much read his mind at this point. He knew it was time to calm down. The world changes, she said. We must change with it.

Caracalla had finished his holy sermon, the room filtering out. The High Priest entered the back rooms of the Church sending his guards away with his hands. He sipped a chalice filled with ice-cold water and a smile came over his lips. His lifeless black eyes stared forward at the walls.

Cobalt stepped out from the shadows. Caracalla did not turn to face him. “High Priest Caracalla.”

“Yes,” replied the High Priest, “at last we meet.”

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.