Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow!

[Cosmic King] [Saturn Queen] [Lightning Lord]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mekt Ranzz:
wait a pluberry-picking parsec!

babysitting! for at least fifteen years! i just know those other two will try to stick me with super-diaper duty. "oh, mekt, you have a younger brother and sister, you know how to do it!" forget it!

someone foil this plot!

Such small things can shape great events ... or, at least, cause great confusion:

"Cerebus doesn't like babies. They're noisy and they're messy and they stink ..."
"Indeed. Poor old Weisshaupt ... he was sure you'd converted to Kevillism. I must confess I couldn't make head or tail of it. Though I wasn't without a certain ... admiration. The mental exertions Weisshaupt and I might have spared ourselves ... had we but KNOWN!
'Babies. Stink.' "
"WELL THEY DO!!"

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, so much for that carefully-cultivated air of sophistication.

quote:
Originally posted by Mekt Ranzz:
wait a pluberry-picking parsec!

Once a Winathian farmboy, always a Winathian farmboy. [Wink]
From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mekt Ranzz
singular.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mekt Ranzz           Edit/Delete Post     
one does not preclude the other, sentient. renaissance man of space and all that. that, however, does not mean i'm volunteering for super-poop patrol.

[Lightning Lord - Post-Boot]

From: out & about | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Querl Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Querl Dox   Email Querl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, i've seen their appearance in this title.
I've recognize characters of the LSH, but i can't tell who they are exactly, what era, book(s), etc...

I'm excited to see what will happen and to know more about them!

[ June 29, 2004, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Querl Dox ]

From: Saline, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I take it the stories in this series take place outside of "normal" DCU continuity?

Please say its so, otherwise I worry for the future of the future.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
I take it the stories in this series take place outside of "normal" DCU continuity?

As far as I can tell, the series takes place in normal DC continuity -- which has been a bit surprising recently, considering the fact that some major events have occurred in the title that affect the entire DCU (re: Luthor, etc.).

Of course, Hypertime or whatever passes for "alternate timeline" characters could still appear.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by UTS:
quote:

As far as I can tell, the series takes place in normal DC continuity -- which has been a bit surprising recently, considering the fact that some major events have occurred in the title that affect the entire DCU (re: Luthor, etc.).

Of course, Hypertime or whatever passes for "alternate timeline" characters could still appear.

This all has something to do with the outcome of their battle with Darkseid. Perhaps it is tied into the Legion's battle with him? I'm thinking the Titans/Legion special may have affects for all of the DCU timeline, past, present and future.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's not labeled an Elseworlds but I think we'll see a lot more Hypertime-themed stories in the future in an effort to wean readers off the idea of a single, true continuity. That, imo, is what the whole shakeup of the DCU is all about. Hypertimes are fun as a change of pace, like this one appears to be, but not as a regular diet. So hopefully it's just a nice, entertaining blip and has nothing to do with the "real" Superman/Batman or the new LSH, but these days you never know.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been thinking... I actually think it would be really cool to have the "Adult LSV" as regular villains in the 21st century for awhile. Just leave it ambiguous as to whether they're actually from the Legion's future or somewhere else.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
From the Q&A with Jeph Loeb in Wizard #154:

quote:

Wizard: So it's safe to assume Superman and Batman aren't the good guys this time around?

Loeb: That's a safe assumption [Laughs]. I think what will surprise people is who the good guys are and what their actual mission is! We didn't make a bunch of villains good so that you'd think you're in some bizzaro world, that's not what's happening in this story.

Wizard: Are there larger villains behind the scenes pulling strings?

Loeb: What happened to the world didn't happen by accident. It's not a mystery who the villains are; you'll know at the end of the first issue and they're three characters that we know. We don't know them from Superman and Batman stories, but the idea was to bring them into their lives and to really give these two guys new foes that will hopefully be around for a long time as part of their rogues gallery. The mystery is how to fix the problem. I can tell you that at the end of every issue it gets worse.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by UTS:
quote:

This all has something to do with the outcome of their battle with Darkseid. Perhaps it is tied into the Legion's battle with him? I'm thinking the Titans/Legion special may have affects for all of the DCU timeline, past, present and future.
so this is "real" as far as it goes. Until the heroes (who ever they are) turn up to put things back to what we know and love?

If thats the case then maybe these are not the LSV as we know them but are actually the Legion of the future and that was Garth, Imra and Cos (that would also explain the magnatism powers shown)

Only by "stealing" the kids can they hope to put things right?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Well then who are the three villains that Loeb is hoping will become part of the rogues gallery? I still think its the LSV but maybe they'll get help from the Legion.
Eryk Davis Ester

How do we know the "re-imagined" Cosmic King doesn't have magnetic powers?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Besides, it seems improbable that the LSH founders would be shown killing the Kents...
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.