Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Awww, Mekt's a daddy. He still dresses like a Christmas present but, dang, he's gotta be the hottest villain in the DCU, past, present or future. Eve looks tres chic in that fabulous cape-cum-tunic. I like that they retained Cosmic King's original transmutation powers but gave him a "preference" for metals and magnetism, but I must say sinister moustaches look better on Mekt.

Thanks, NC. Very cool.

[ November 17, 2004, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Crap! Seeing those pages is more than I can resist! Now I'm going to have to at least buy S/B #14.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Quick Question: What happened to this "new" Supergirl? Was she ever explained? her origin, etc?

thanks

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I got to read this in b/w in Dallas and loved it. I simply must get to the shop and get a copy for my "Legion completist" collection. That's just an excuse though since I really did enjoy it. Now I get to see it in color too.
Sweet.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooooooh! Can't wait!!!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jorg-El:
Quick Question: What happened to this "new" Supergirl? Was she ever explained? her origin, etc?

She's Superman's cousin from Krypton. Her origin pretty much parallels that of pre-Crisis Supergirl except that Batman didn't trust her when she arrived and Wonder Woman kidnaped her.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taichara
Stealth Ninja Hamster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taichara   Email taichara         Edit/Delete Post     
Jya.

quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I like that they retained Cosmic King's original transmutation powers but gave him a "preference" for metals and magnetism, but I must say sinister moustaches look better on Mekt.

I can live with the facial fuzziness on Cosmic King;
but I was struck more by his resemblance to the v4 Rokk Krinn, just before Zero Hour took everything over.

Just a wierd thought ...

Tai

--------------------
c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

From: Hou'ou-shi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:

-

I've been waiting a looonnnngggg time to see the LSV again.

Me too Nighty, and when they look this good I wish we could see more of them.

Eve looks so cool, haughty and imperious.

Mekt is OK but I'm not sure about the green cod piece.

but can anyone tell me why Loser is in that picture, is he moonlighting as Cosmic King [LOL]

I love Bolto's updated costume. I almost wish they had used this design for Cosmic BOY instead.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M'onel
May be Lethbridge's #1 Legion Fan...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M'onel   Author's Homepage   Email M'onel         Edit/Delete Post     
Somehow Saturn Queen reminds me of Linda Hamilton.

--------------------
A Chaotic Neutral stuck in a Lawful Good world

From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
i got this issue today !!!

it was a nice set up, behind why S&B have "Absolute Power" !!!

and it was great to see the 3 original "LSV" members !!! i just wanna know how this ties into the new version of the LEGION ???

i'm gonna go re-read the feature in "WIZARD" [ a couple of months back ] on this current story ....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

I heard someone else wonder if there were any relationship between "Absolute Power" and the new LSH. If nothing else, I'd like to see this new LSV appear in the Legion.

--------------------
Dan

Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Bruce and Clark have two daddies! [Big Grin]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Oddly enough... when I saw the black and white preview in Texas two weeks ago, I don't recall seeing Cosmic King with a goatee.

I wonder if they added it at the last minute for some reason?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by STU:
Bruce and Clark have two daddies! [Big Grin]

I noticed that. I guess Mekt is out of the closet it this version, too. [Smile]

--------------------
Dan

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder if they could be part of the "Waidverse" too. I don't see why they couldn't be, they are a bit different than the LSV we knew and why not have them turn out to be "anachronists" too?
I like it that the future is no longer considered absolute and potentially a myriad of futures exist in the realm of Might Be.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.