Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click the top two to read the text and see the images better -
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
 -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And for THAT, we waited three+ months for the Pacheco arc.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
It takes a long time to not draw backgrounds and emotionless faces, Pov!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
As much as I've loved the Superman/Batman comic so far (and that's coming from someone who doesn't even really like Superman OR Batman!) I gotta say that the final issue of that Supergirl arc was the most vomit-inducing kack I've read all year! What a disappointment! And the arc had started out so well too!

At least we're back on track with the latest issue by Pacheco! Loved it!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
They don't. Supposedly (Continuity-wise), this is the first time Kara Zor-El comes to Earth.

She's from the same place the new Doom Patrol comes from.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone should really have dropped a "send them to another dimension" bomb on that scene. It'd have taken out all the prominent superheroes in one fell swoop.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I meant to buy this story arc after reading about it in another thread but after seeing that scene I'm glad they were sold out of those issues. I'll just spend that cash on a Liberty Meadows book and a couple of issues of Exiles or something.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my gosh, that is one hideous Supergirl. What happened to her torso?!
From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
So how do they explain the new Supergirl in light of the old Supergirl dying in Crisis? Sorry, but my comics budget cannot afford another monthly...

Supergirl died during the Crisis. Afterward, she "never existed". This is the first since since Crisis that we ave a Kara Zor-El Supergirl. (Well, if you don't count the pre-Crisis Supergirl showing up briefly.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by STU:
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
They don't. Supposedly (Continuity-wise), this is the first time Kara Zor-El comes to Earth.

She's from the same place the new Doom Patrol comes from.
I wouldn't think so. We've had a [better] DP around since Crisis. That all their post-Crisis adventures have vanished without cause makes no sensse. We've never had a post-Crisis Kara Zor-El.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
She needs to join the Legion for a 6 issue story arc so I can get a Supergirl/Legion TPB drawn by Barry Kitsonfor next Christmas.
[Supergirl]

edit: heh heh- 100th post in the thread! I finally snatched a milestone.

[ November 23, 2004, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
edit: heh heh- 100th post in the thread! I finally snatched a milestone.

Actually, it's the 100th reply - the 101st post [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EuroMutt
flight, super strength & super territory marking

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EuroMutt   Email EuroMutt         Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I don't like The Superman/Batman book. I only picked up the latest issue for two reasons - Pacheco art and the Legion of Super-Villains. I'm glad I didn't get it for the writing, which is a shame 'cause I used to love Loeb's work.

And as for the "new" Supergirl, I would be more ok with her if the story hadn't been horribly written (couldn't Loeb have at least tried to respect Kirby a little by having his creations act like the characters they are?), art that was even worse (it's painfully obvious that Turner is beyond out of touch with human anatomy), it was late by tremendous extremes, and Kara dind't have a costume that made her look like a sluttier version of Paris Hilton (if that's even possible). Maybe it'll look better when someone esle renders it, but I doubt it.

whew, sorry for the rant. It just slipped out. I couldn't control it. really.

[ November 24, 2004, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: EuroMutt ]

--------------------
-j.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
With all the bashing I've done on the Supergirl arc for Turner's "art" and unprofessionalism, I should've taken a pound out of Loeb also. The conclusion was such bad writing, I can't describe it. "We hid Kara from Darkseid!" [Confused]

DARKSEID?!?!?!? [Confused]

I loved Loeb's run on CABLE, so it's not that I don't think he can write, but c'mon! Even if the books had been on time, that blows chunks! [Disgusting]

But try saying anything bad about it on the DC S/B board... [Roll Eyes] [No]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rurouni KJS
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rurouni KJS   Email Rurouni KJS         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EuroMutt:
whew, sorry for the rant. It just slipped out. I couldn't control it. really.

Oh, please, you could've if you really tried. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-- Still here to help.

From: ATL, fool!!! WHAT!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.