Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers) (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman #14 surprise (spoilers)
TiJulk MrAsz
Active Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiJulk MrAsz   Email TiJulk MrAsz         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm loving it so foar, but did anyone notice the continuity mistake regardin Aquaman's origin? His dad is Atlan, not Arthur Curry, Sr.

--------------------
Comradely,
Gates
LLL!

From: Vyrga | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Loeb's made that mistake Every. Frelling. Time. he's used or mentioned Aquaman. He's a dedicated Pre-Crisionist.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It was also odd that they killed Hal Jordan to prevent the existence of Green Lantern. When Abin Sur crashed, the ring would've gone to Guy Gardner (or *someone*) instead of Jordan. Why wouldn't they have gotten rid of Wonder Woman as well?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I questioned that too. It would have been smart of them to find a way to negate Thymescria sending a rep to the rest of the world...and I hadn't thought about Green lantern, to de-power Jordan they simply needed to prevent Abin Sur from crashing to Earth.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
but can anyone tell me why Loser is in that picture, is he moonlighting as Cosmic King [LOL]

What can I say. I was young, I needed the money... [LOL]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
it was pretty good. unfortunately we got to see the pre-JLA eliminated the same way in that Planetary Elseworlds special where WW, Bats, and Supes form Planetary. other than that i've been jonesin' for the original LSV for a looong time now. wasn't expecting uncle sam!

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
it was pretty good. unfortunately we got to see the pre-JLA eliminated the same way in that Planetary Elseworlds special where WW, Bats, and Supes form Planetary.

It reminded me of that "Challenge of the Superfriends" show where the Legion of Doom prevented the heroes' origins from happening.

To get rid of Wonder Woman, I think they made her lose that contest to see who would be their emisary.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't that just mean some other Amazon would become Wonder Woman? Of course, no other Amazon matches Diana, so perhaps they made short work of her. (Remember, what was her name, Oreana? She was a pre-Crisis red-head who replaced Diana and died within one or two issues.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I just hope the LSV has more on panel time in the next issue. Clark seems to be questioning things already and by the looks of things Diana and Sam are going to form some new version of the JLA to whoop-up on the big two.
I hope that there's some connection made to the LSV's own hometime before the story arc runs it's course.

Hey Steve!! Has there been any discussion with you and Mark about the way this story has to go or are they just going in their own direction? We're really curious whether this incarnation of the LSV is going to exist later on or if this is a one-shot appearence.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Wouldn't that just mean some other Amazon would become Wonder Woman? Of course, no other Amazon matches Diana, so perhaps they made short work of her. (Remember, what was her name, Oreana? She was a pre-Crisis red-head who replaced Diana and died within one or two issues.)

Well, post-Crisis, Artremis did better than that.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
She's still alive. Or alive again, at least. I figured Artemis was the rebooted version of Oreana but with a name change to reflect her status as Wonder Woman (Diana = Artemis on Olympus).

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So is there a Kara Zor-El or not? Or is it still unresolved?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
So is there a Kara Zor-El or not? Or is it still unresolved?

There is and she's wearing an "S" shield and calling herself Supergirl. The story ended with her "coming out" in costume being introduced to the rest of the heroes. Where DC will take her from here is anyone's guess...

(my guess is that she'll rise to prominence in this upcoming big event/crisis that DC is planning - kindof a counterpoint to the original Kara dying in "Crisis")

[ November 23, 2004, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
So how do they explain the new Supergirl in light of the old Supergirl dying in Crisis? Sorry, but my comics budget cannot afford another monthly...

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
They don't. Supposedly (Continuity-wise), this is the first time Kara Zor-El comes to Earth.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.