Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Preview over at Newsarama
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not digging the boxer-briefs on Jo and Brin.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygosh! Love the splash page of all the Legionnaires busy updating their Facebook profiles while the universe collapses! "Bouncing Boy is... sad at the imminent destruction of all that is. :-(" [Wink]

But seriously, I do love that page! And GREAT to see Bouncing Boy (and is that Duplicate Damsel down the bottom?) back on this team full-time again! And much as I love the Frank costume re-designs, I'm glad they didn't touch Chuck's. It's perfect as is.

Nice to see Gates and XS there too - though it's gonna take me some time to get used to seeing them interacting with this version of the team.

Could do without Gim's "Tell us what to do!" line to Brainy though. I know this type of crisis is tailor-made for Querl but ugh! to the constant writer-worshipping of Brainiac 5 at the expense of the rest of the team!

Still excited for this version of the team!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I'm not digging the boxer-briefs on Jo and Brin.

LOL
I agree ... but we are only seeing a profile of each of them sporting their new cycle-bathing suits. Let's hope a full view looks more appealing all around.
I can't wait to pick up this issue today! It should hopefully tie up all the loose ends and I think the Espionage Squad in the 21st century should make it back to their normal time soon (unless Brainy prolongs their stay with some Brainiac related emergency as the preview suggests he might).
Only 1 and a half months left until LSH #1 comes out!

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Gates!!!

[No]

I demand that Levitz tell a story with Gates, Wildfire and Quislet trapped together somewhere.

Guaranteed satisfaction.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I notice that Mon-El is absent from that group shot.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't this the plot of Foundations?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Isn't this the plot of every other Legion-related story since Foundations?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
"Somebody's messing with time and space! The entire universe is being disintegrated!"

"Again? Let me know when Brainy comes up with a plan. Meanwhile, I'll check my Facebook account!"

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Art looks great / agree about the plot!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I also agree about the hackneyed plot.

I think I've stopped looking at the 'big picture' (like plot, story-telling, characterisation) when it comes to enjoying comic books, and just get my thrills from the little things (like 'ooooh there's Chuck' and 'isn't it nice that Gim is supporting Yera' and so on).

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I demand quality at every level [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Most of the dialog can be shifted around to any other character. Sad, considering that I could usually (usually, not all the time) tell who TMK were using without seeing them.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
As long as Robinson doesn't break any toys before Levitz gets here, I'm content to let him play out the string. But I am getting worried.

I still don't get the need to tinker with Mon-El in the modern era. This is partly what lead to the mess last time they wanted to do stuff with Lar. With any luck the PZ is restored, he's thrown in it and away we go. Anything else will make me extremely grouchy.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Who was that standing next to Polar Boy on the splash page, with the sort of up-arrow theme to his costume?

Should I have recognized that character? Will there be head-slappage?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.