Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Paul Newell
In Bismoll We Trust

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Newell   Email Paul Newell         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Who was that standing next to Polar Boy on the splash page, with the sort of up-arrow theme to his costume?

Should I have recognized that character? Will there be head-slappage?

Invisible Kid II...It took me a few seconds to recognise him.

--------------------
Paul Newell
Titan President

From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I would never have figured that out!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I defended the other issues of this crossover when they had a lack of Legionnaires, but I was really mad at Robinson's 21st century story in this issue. It was just Tellus interacting with Superboy and Supergirl and the rest of the Legion were in the background. Not cool!

Gates' story with Brainy is good, though I was disappointed that Brainy was the only one going to the past. But still, I enjoyed that story and the examination it had on the various Brainiacs.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Y'know, there are a lot of married couples that work together, but they really don't seem to cling to each other. Usually they appreciate interacting with people outside the relationship. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tinya on the other side (from Jo) of the splash page every once in a while.

[ March 31, 2010, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: KryptonKid ]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's the end of the universe. I don't begrudge Jo a last massage.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I'm not digging the boxer-briefs on Jo and Brin.

Awww... I kind of like them.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
So far this story line just feels disjointed. As does most of Robinson's current Superman run. The lead story was the most disappointing of this issue. The concept just didn't do much. It was nice to see Brainiac 5 refer to the connection between Brainiac and Pulsar Stargrave as a mystery. Seeing Gates and XS interact with this version of the Legion just felt wrong. It only served to make me miss the reboot team. Maybe I'll feel differently if Levitz gives them some characterization.

The Gates/Pansica story was my favorite of the issue. The artwork and colors were more dynamic. Conner, Kara, and Tellus worked well as a team.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
Y'know, there are a lot of married couples that work together, but they really don't seem to cling to each other. Usually they appreciate interacting with people outside the relationship. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Tinya on the other side (from Jo) of the splash page every once in a while.

I've always found the Legion couples to be far too clingy for my taste. Get a room already. Get a planetoid even. Take a meteor shower. Sheesh. And now they've turned Blok and Mysa's friendship into more of the same. Yawn.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see or recognize XS, yet, but Gates was in the group!
Woohoo!
And Shady has blue eyes!
woohoo, again!

The only currant costume design that I can stand is Wildfire's.
I'd chuck everyone else's and start over from scratch.

But, other than that, I'm just glad to see them working together.

I get my books tomorrow.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
So you have Element Lad and Quislet on your side and a horde of rampaging robots is giving you trouble? Really?

EDIT: Also, I love Brainy, I really do, but he's not the ONLY Legionnaire, despite what recent story's would have us believe.

[ April 01, 2010, 06:03 AM: Message edited by: rouge ]

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems this whole Brainiac in the past crossover storyline will ultimately just boil down to a battle of wits between him and our Brainiac 5. Gee, I wonder who will win...
I hope the final resolution has more to offer us than just predictable "good triumphs over evil".

Are we just expecting too much from today's story tellers maybe?

It was good to see the Legionnaires in the future, even though they served no real purpose other than to cheerlead Brainy in a most uncharacteristic " we're about to vanish from existance but that's ok because we're sending our smartest team member back to the past and he'll fix everything, and our reality will resume once again as though nothing ever happened!"
God I hope the finale isn't this simplistic.

Also, the solicits for this issue promised that (in a tale of the 31st century) the Legion would infiltrate the hidden lair of the Legion of Super Villains!? Huh? Where was that exactly?? [Mad]

[ April 01, 2010, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: future king ]

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
Also, I love Brainy, I really do, but he's not the ONLY Legionnaire, despite what recent story's would have us believe.

Didn't you hear? They're changing the title of this book to "Brainiac 5 and the Legion of Super-Heroes".
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Someone needs to give the artist a proper reference on Tellus. He's being treated as way too humanoid.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
I didn't see or recognize XS, yet, but Gates was in the group! Woohoo!

You have to scroll to the right on the splash page, XS is working at a console directly beneath Tinya.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Set!
[Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
So you have Element Lad and Quislet on your side and a horde of rampaging robots is giving you trouble? Really?

Yeah.
And Zod is supposed to be a genius general.
I mean, why bother asking what a 'Legion of SUPER-HEROES' might be able to do to help during a battle with 11,000 casualties, so far.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.