Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Adventure Comics #9/512: Preview/Discussion (Spoilers!)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
And, I thought that XS was Luornu, for some reason.
Is Lu one of the two on the other side, seated behind Lydda?
Who are they, exactly?

And who's the guy with the straight black hair and little goatee and pinkish suit standing up there by Brainy and Imra in two panels?
gads

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
And, I thought that XS was Luornu, for some reason.
Is Lu one of the two on the other side, seated behind Lydda?
Who are they, exactly?

I think they are both Luornu.

quote:

And who's the guy with the straight black hair and little goatee and pinkish suit standing up there by Brainy and Imra in two panels?
gads

That's Cosmic Boy. Gotta say, if Legion fans can't identify the players how can we expect new readers to? Also, the art is very sketchy, not well suited for the clear lines and bold colors of the 31st century.

[Rainbow Girl]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Candle:

quote:
And Zod is supposed to be a genius general.
He may well be, but he has an ego that gets in the way, and considers Brainiac to be a very personal enemy. I don't find it out of character that he'd force the Legion to stand down while he attempts to execute the plan he strategized himself.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Point well taken, Chaim.
He's a sad excuse of a man, though.

[ April 02, 2010, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

And thanks, KK.
I thought the seated two looked pretty different from each other.
sigh

Why is Cos in pink?
Excuse me, light red?
I found him on the cover, too.

I think they need to pick an era and a look and get us used to who's who.
In one book, Jan has short hair, in another it's long on top.
Consistency would be nice!
[Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Apart from Mon-El I have not seen Garth either...
And it seems that Rokk and Lydda they are a couple again.
Another end with the legion erased of the reality?
Humm...Too reiterative for my taste.
If at least, when they save the universe, they could bring to the life to Andrew, Condo, Lyle and Val...
It would be nice.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:
Someone needs to give the artist a proper reference on Tellus. He's being treated as way too humanoid.

Wehn did he get hands? I do not ever remember him having anything that looked like fingers. Let alone the way they had him "standing."

I'll be real happy when they are back in Pauls hands. He may recapture the total magic, but at least he knows the characters in regards to powers and personalities.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

When they went to the seeding of the worlds idea, back before Zero Hour(?), Tellus' people were shown to come from humans manipulated by the Dominators in their genetic experiments.

I think that's when he got more 'human' handed, sort of, maybe.

Where does he wear his flight ring, anyway?

--------------------

Come, join me!

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Where does [Tellus] wear his flight ring, anyway?

I have been afraid to ask that question for 24 years!

[Tellus]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
He wears it in the same type of other-dimensional lockbox that Cham uses when he's not in a shape with the proper-sized digits.

The rings are made of unstable molecules! They just can't CALL them that because Marvel would file a lawsuit.

Do I have to explain everything to you people?! Tsk.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
I also agree about the hackneyed plot.

... 'isn't it nice that Gim is supporting Yera' and so on).

Not only is the plot overused and 'hackneyed' but it is developing so very, very slowly.

And isn't that a strange place to put a console? Way up in the air where Gim has to hold somebody up there for them to be able to work on the console, assuming that Gim's hands are too big to work on it. That phrase made me snicker for some reason.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
Also, I love Brainy, I really do, but he's not the ONLY Legionnaire, despite what recent story's would have us believe.

Didn't you hear? They're changing the title of this book to "Brainiac 5 and the Legion of Super-Heroes".
The more they concentrate on legacy heroes, the more excuses there are for cross-overs and such.

It's a mixed blessing, for reasons I've gone into before. I have a lot of misgivings about the constant emphasis on legacy heroes and villains, but that needs its own thread; and right now I haven't got the time.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
He wears it in the same type of other-dimensional lockbox that Cham uses when he's not in a shape with the proper-sized digits.

The rings are made of unstable molecules! They just can't CALL them that because Marvel would file a lawsuit.

Do I have to explain everything to you people?! Tsk.

[Razz]

I'm sorry miss cleome...I'll never bring up Tellus again...

I've been bad, do you want to spank me? [Wink]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
i agree with the comments about the tired plot.
also, tired is the..."everyone shoot all your powers at once to power up the..."
why doesn't it just destroy all of brainy's devices and brainy too?
AND, just how does brainy know that the time/space rift is caused by brainiac 1 killing superman? did i miss that?
for that matter, how did zod manage to capture all those legionnaires? projectra alone could stop that.
aaaugh! i guess i'm too old for this.

the legion of rotating artists doesn't help things like continuity or showcasing subtleties in characters.
just wake me when legion #1 is here.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
I'm sorry miss cleome...I'll never bring up Tellus again...

I've been bad, do you want to spank me? [Wink]

Wait! Wait! [consults playbook] When did you become one of Cobie's alts?

[sigh]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.