Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?

Wasn't there a Who's Who or something with the founders wearing the Sprouse designs when the team was founded, based on the original concept for Legionnaires as retelling stories from the Legion's early days in Glorithverse continuity? Bit of a precedent for this...
Tinya also seems to appear on the cover, and that costume is something I've never seen before.

Maybe it's just an art error?

Cover art appears to be Tom Feister and Tony Harris, who also did cover art for the Legion series a while back (Dream Crime and the Darkseid arc after, if I remember right).

http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Legion_25 Cover for issue 25 shows minor errors in Star Boy's costume too.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Tinya also seems to appear on the cover, and that costume is something I've never seen before.

I was assuming those were civvies, but I dunno.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Cover art appears to be Tom Feister and Tony Harris, who also did cover art for the Legion series a while back (Dream Crime and the Darkseid arc after, if I remember right).

http://www.legionwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Legion_25 Cover for issue 25 shows minor errors in Star Boy's costume too.

Yeah, they also screwed up and did a version of the The Legion #22 cover with Apparition rather than Dreamer, but that wasn't released with the solicits. I doubt Tom F going to his old files for reference by mistake (and coming from a point mechana switched Cos to blue rather than lilac!) would get to the point of an official press release without being corrected.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not crazy about the cover. Either the art style or the composition. And Cosmic Boy should be in pink dammit.

I love Razsolo's idea about making Supergirl the inspiration for LSH. Give her a chance to shine with the Legion for a change instead of Superboy I say.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree the cover is quite dull, with washed out colors, and not very well drawn. I dunno. it looks so lame compared to Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy covers.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I have often thought it would be kind of interesting if the Legion were overtly inspired by SuperGIRL rather than Superman-when-he-was-a-kid-but-not-actually-calling-himself-Superboy-for-legal-reasons.

For one thing, who ISN'T inspired by Superman? He's really DC's Captain America in that respect, the moral epitome of the superhero set. So the fact that he would be the Legion's influence in itself isn't really such a big deal IMO.

Post-Crisis though, Clark only really became a hero as an adult. Kara on the other hand has always been SuperGIRL, not SuperWOMAN; and it would be kind of cool if a bunch of teens took their cue from her rather than her older cousin.

It would also add something extra to the Brainy/Kara relationship, and I personally think Kara has always benefitted more from being with the Legion than Clark ever did anyway. I'm not saying Clark shouldn't be IN the Legion, I just think it would be cool if SHE was their inspiration and he was just her cousin who was a really cool guy.

Thoughts?

Legion were inspired by Supergirl as explicitly stated when they drew up the consitution. Supergirl never gets her due though. You saw the freak outs that happened when it was dared suggested she even joined before him.

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually kind of excited that Tinya is on the first cover. That suggests that we aren't just going to see take five on the 'founders save Brande' storyline, but maybe see some of the stuff that happened off-screen, such as the Legion's first encounters / admissions of Tinya, Lu, etc.

Checking Wiki, it looks like the first appearances of Phantom Girl, Triplicate Girl, Colossal Boy, Invisible Kid, Chameleon Boy and Star Boy all happened 'off-screen,' as they were already members when introduced.

That's a lot of untold history!

Plus there's always room for someone to get shoved in after-the-fact, like Kid Quantum or whatever. Untold tales of Legionnaires that we may not have known existed!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
There was an abbreviated meeting with Triplicate Girl and Phantom Girl in that Superboy 80 page giant that was devoted to the LSH, but there's certainly a lot of room for expansion.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't seen any responses to Saturday's Levitz interview posted on Newsarama about LSH:SO... seems to address some of the points raised here. I like that Click Here For A Spoilerthe first Legionnaire we're going to see is a young Brainy, and the three founders aren't even going to speak in the first issue. [Love]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerHmm...well it's cool that Legionnaires other than the founders will be featured, but Brainy?? We don't see enough of him already? :\

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
According to DC here on Newsarama :

"Action Comics, which focuses on Superman's early superhero career, depicts a "younger, more brooding" Man of Steel adjusting to his adopted homeworld. His powers are still in development at this point, as he "can leap tall buildings but can't fly in space." The series, written by Grant Morrison and illustrated by Rags Morales, will also show the evolution of his costume from jeans and work boots to Kryptonian armor."

So five years before current Superman stories Kal-El didn't have a costume and couldn't fly. Looks bad for Superboy being part of the Legion's history.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, and Supergirl has just landed on Earth (again). No LSH or Brainiac 5 for her. Can I return last year's Supergirl Annual to DC for a refund? Didn't DC decide that the LSH wasn't popular enough w/out the Super-cousins connections? Wasn't that the point of bringing back the Johns/Lightning Saga/"original" team?
I'm confused.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Para-Dox
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Para-Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Para-Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
Yes, and Supergirl has just landed on Earth (again). No LSH or Brainiac 5 for her. Can I return last year's Supergirl Annual to DC for a refund? Didn't DC decide that the LSH wasn't popular enough w/out the Super-cousins connections? Wasn't that the point of bringing back the Johns/Lightning Saga/"original" team?
I'm confused.

Heck no. That is a classic Supergirl story!

--------------------
'You don't need a victory to prove to me you're tops' - Supergirl to Brainiac 5 (Adventure Comics 375)

benevolentbrainiac.webs.com

From: England | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Kayak
Italian Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Kayak   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
So five years before current Superman stories Kal-El didn't have a costume and couldn't fly. Looks bad for Superboy being part of the Legion's history.

sad but true [Frown]

time to share this link! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-DC-keep-Superboy-as-a-part-of-the-Legion-of-Super-Heroes-origin/146969928714815?sk=wall
(actually it was already posted on the LW facebook page, but you never know)

[ July 19, 2011, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Kayak ]

--------------------
Ciao a tutti,
FABIO

http://www.nottolone.net/legione/

From: Milan, Italy | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
I'm confused.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.