Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
Yes, and Supergirl has just landed on Earth (again). No LSH or Brainiac 5 for her. Can I return last year's Supergirl Annual to DC for a refund? Didn't DC decide that the LSH wasn't popular enough w/out the Super-cousins connections? Wasn't that the point of bringing back the Johns/Lightning Saga/"original" team?
I'm confused.

No reason to be confused. Just think of it this way: TPTB at DC have realized that there is only room for one major comic company in the 21st century and that company is Marvel, so they are doing everything in their power to alienate their readers. Stan Lee probably promised them all a job once they've accomplished their mission.

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember that Marvel is now owned by the Disney company, who spent $4 billion for those characters and franchises. They bought the company because of the profitable movies and the fact that Marvel appeals to boys. Disney is already managing Marvel's merchandise and rumors of theme park rides abound (I created a thread about this topic recently). They intend to get their money's worth from Marvel.

DC Comics is in the hands of Time-Warner, which with the exception of the Batman franchise has been having difficulty with it's super-hero movies.

[ July 19, 2011, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
If this series is not gonna focus as much on the three founders, then why are they hogging up the covers?
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
Basing this on the solisitations, the interviews where it is stated that the series is going to be more about 'Secret' than 'Origin' and the non-answers I have recieved on a couple of boards from the only ones actually involved in the project in any way, what I want to know is:
Since the entire series is to add another 'untold story' rather than to clarify what is or is not out of continuity for this latest version of the Legion, then why is it being solisited as 'Secret Origin'? Why not something more honest? How about 'More un-needed, added on Cr@p in hopes of sucking more money out of the loyal fans and confusing the *New Readers* that we clain we are doing this for in the first place'? I believe that would be closer to accurate.

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
IL, I'm sure they intend to be accurate, but they're not allowed to say "cr@p" and "suck" in the solicits.

;-)

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.