Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes: Secret Origin
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a link to the Newsarama blurb:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dcnu-paul-levitz-legion-secret-origin-110714.html

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Now we know what Chris B. is up to. Awesome!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I am definitely looking forward to this! (unless they give WILDFIRE Red Tornado's body) I hope this will settle a lot of continuity questions about this Legion. The good thing (hopefully) about this origin is that everyone will be in agreement about the LSH connection to Superboy(man) so we won't have to deal with any more reboots!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haggard Lad
S'up?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haggard Lad   Email Haggard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! I love that we're getting two Legion ongoings and a mini right out of the gate in this "New 52" DC revamp.

I'm glad Levitz is getting another crack at doing a Secret Origin story. The one he did in Adventure Comics recently was okay, but I wasn't sure it accomplished the goal of helping new readers understand Legion history.

--------------------
The Secret Origin of Haggard Lad!

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Here I was worried when Paul got chopped down to 1 series after the relaunch. Now come October he's got THREE!
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, another new Legion offering!

Adventure kind of just finished something similar, but this could neat, since it sounds it will deal with more background stuff, like how the UP formed, and not necessarily be all 'untold tales of the Legion.'

The cover picture, of Tinya falling out of some dimensional rift, suggests that we might finally learn *something* about Bgtzl, other than that it lacks vowels...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Aw, man, I thought I might be able to be the one breaking the news here.

I am beyond pumped for this.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm concerned it's going to cut the Super-family OUT of the LSH again. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
...uh, that's postboot Cos' costume. Other than SW6, has any preboot/retroboot version of him ever been shown wearing that?

Wasn't there a Who's Who or something with the founders wearing the Sprouse designs when the team was founded, based on the original concept for Legionnaires as retelling stories from the Legion's early days in Glorithverse continuity? Bit of a precedent for this...
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I am cautiously optimistic about this one...I could really live without ever seeing again the story of Garth, Imra and Cos saving RJ Brande. But I would love to see some more stories from just AFTER that point, especially once Lu and Tinya join. I don't think I've ever really seen a story with just those first five Legionnaires.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! We deserve this. As Legion fans we've hung on through many switches in reality, reboots, and retcons. Too often, we haven't been give clear explanations of what past events are in or out.

The DC relaunch apparently will be making changes in the Superman/Superboy back story just a short time after we've been given the most recent alterations to that story. It looks like this series is going to address the important changes to the team's origins right off the bat with the relaunch. Good move.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I'm concerned it's going to cut the Super-family OUT of the LSH again. [Frown]

I do hope they keep Kal-El a part of the Legion's history, for he is the foundation on which the Legion was built!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I have often thought it would be kind of interesting if the Legion were overtly inspired by SuperGIRL rather than Superman-when-he-was-a-kid-but-not-actually-calling-himself-Superboy-for-legal-reasons.

For one thing, who ISN'T inspired by Superman? He's really DC's Captain America in that respect, the moral epitome of the superhero set. So the fact that he would be the Legion's influence in itself isn't really such a big deal IMO.

Post-Crisis though, Clark only really became a hero as an adult. Kara on the other hand has always been SuperGIRL, not SuperWOMAN; and it would be kind of cool if a bunch of teens took their cue from her rather than her older cousin.

It would also add something extra to the Brainy/Kara relationship, and I personally think Kara has always benefitted more from being with the Legion than Clark ever did anyway. I'm not saying Clark shouldn't be IN the Legion, I just think it would be cool if SHE was their inspiration and he was just her cousin who was a really cool guy.

Thoughts?

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I am cautiously optimistic about this one...I could really live without ever seeing again the story of Garth, Imra and Cos saving RJ Brande. But I would love to see some more stories from just AFTER that point, especially once Lu and Tinya join. I don't think I've ever really seen a story with just those first five Legionnaires.

Yes. I don't want to be negative about a Legion book but there is so much untold - the first year with TG, PG, IK etc for example Lyle joining the Legion has never been told properly. Also the post Magic Wars x Year Gap. Another telling of the origin story seems superfluous by comparison.

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.