Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview/Spoilers) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview/Spoilers)
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
huh? If the Legion Lost crew became lost a year ago, then that means Earthman's death and Mon-El giving up the GL ring happened at least a year ago. Doesn't quite fit with recent Shady sobbing at his grave. Also the scene in the 1st issue of Mon addressing the team on their recent losses and recent additions.
Why did they do this?
Really curious what age the Ardeen-Ranzz twins will be when (if?) we see them again.

well given how they had shady grieving for Mon-El (though different writer) for 5 years after his "death" its not out of the way to consider that she mourns a long time...perhaps its the way of Talokivians...I'm willing to bet we have nothing to worry about concerning Grayam and Valdius. They should be the same age...kids age slowly in comics.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:

I actually recognized everyone on the left side except Variable Lad, don't remember ever hearing of him. Closest I could figure was Dr Gym'll.

He's Gym'll nephew, from last year's Adventure Comics run.
And once again, some slight evidence I'm not imagining things. Thanks!
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
No statue of Pol? Here we go again.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Awww...it wasn't Shvaughn.

[Frown]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
A few thoughts about what people have said:

Perhaps, Levitz has aged everyone a year from the Nuboot timeline in this issue and Rokk is the leader again while Lar is now back to being just a regular rank & file member.

The Black Witch didn't get a 'Legion' decorated name/power blurb and Harmonia did, so I'd say Li's considered to be a Legionnaire.
Maybe, she functions in more of a lab or consultant capacity rather than as a field operative.

As to the memorial statues, IIRC that's a rather large room, so maybe we just didn't see all of the statues.
That would explain why we didn't see Pol's or Lu's figures.
We know that Levitz has kept the Magic War events and Pol is dead accoring to Rokk's memories.
And this is a soft boot, so those still stand.
As to Lu being creeped out, she's been seeing herself memorialized in that room for a long time, ever since her first self was killed by Computo.
IIRC
So, she should be used to the creeping out by now.
[Yes]

[ January 18, 2012, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I really hope Cos isn't leader again.....I think Mon-El being leader is good for both him AND Cosmic Boy. It gives Mon something other than lead poisoning/Phantom Zone stories, and Cosmic Boy as overstressed but stoic leader of the team has been done to death...

You know, judging from Jan's comments here (and Rokk's reaction), I am even more convinced now that Rokk is suffering from something like post-traumatic stress disorder. He's never really had an extended period of grief for his mother and Pol, there was the blowup at Garth during LO3W, and I think it's telling that he has thrown himself 110% into the team while doing his best to alienate the only other relationship he still had in Lydda....

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Great issue. Lots of things addressed, lots of things set up, lots of Legionnaires looking to get some. They're a pretty randy bunch, huh?
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So Quislet has been written out again

and no Lydda or Jenni

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, written out in the form of a mystery, so there's hope yet.

Jenni, to be fair, was pretty much done with the Legion last we saw her. Though there's no excuse for Lydda, especially if you've got Lu and Chuck in there.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
bought my first issue since way before the reboot, love Simonson's take on the Legion.

I'm half way through and it's great so far!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerIt is now absolutely confirmed that Ayla and Vi are a couple.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Yayy!
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Easily the best issue of the series so far, imo!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I was reading through the issue again and I don't see where it says that Rokk is leader again. Was this stated in a previous issue?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I love how the future is depicted in the art, with everything floating around and all the screens in the monitor room hovering around Cosmic Boy.

A beautiful issue, I liked the scene between Nura and Thom, the writing seems more spot on with these characters than it has before IMO.

i just wish, for once, the cover didn't reflect the *day in the life* story and we got a nice grand Simonsen cover with more of the LSH

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.