Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview/Spoilers) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview/Spoilers)
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
No, not stated anywhere.

I just presented the possibility since we see Rokk at the 'board' coordinating searches and it's a year later in Legion history, more that a year after Lar's becoming leader.

Levitz didn't care for Lar as our voted in Legion leader, so I thought he might take this chance to 'correct' things and write Mon out again like he originally planned.

It was in response to people trying to work out the DCnU timeline.

Ya know, how we all throw out ideas and possibilities.
(For those of us who read everyone's posts and try to converse.)
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Re: floating displays-- Yeah, things have sure changed since the 30th Century was portrayed with giant CRT monitors.

Anyone remember when Star Trek used to refer to the data tapes? [Smile]

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I also enjoyed the floating cups and such ... spill proof!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz forgot to mention Projectra, besides the omission of Lydda and Jenni.
For another side was good to see Imra (with long hair, beautiful), Garth, Mysa, Blok, Chuck and Luornu

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shining Son:
Re: floating displays-- Yeah, things have sure changed since the 30th Century was portrayed with giant CRT monitors.

Anyone remember when Star Trek used to refer to the data tapes? [Smile]

Yeah, I remember Brainy saying essentially the same thing in pre-Crisis Annual 1 or just prior to the start of the Great Darkness Saga. So why did the Legion ever use CRTs in the first place, I wonder. If this was a Marvel book, there would've been a no-prize at stake for answering this sort of question at one time. Too bad DC has never rewarded fan loyalty and innovation in the same way.

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys Guys ...I got some good news or good thoughts ...anyway...look at the statues of the dead legionnaires/heroes...look who's missing...No Pocket Universe Superboy (so that story didn't happen to this legion) and no statue of Supergirl either...so COIE didn't happen to this legion either. anyway that's my contribution...

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Did they ever have statues of Clark and Kara? From their perspective, those two have been dead for almost a thousand years before the LSH even formed....and I would think it would just weird out the Kryptonians when they come visiting (not to mention lead to awkward questions maybe?)

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There were certainly statues of the two seem in late v3. Though we pretty much already knew that whatever Superboy's role in the Legion this time around, it's apparently the current Superman. And we've yet to see whether Supergirl was a member at all yet.

I definitely echo PB in the sentiment that this is the first time in ages Thom/Nura have seemed right in ages. And the Ayla/Vi relationship was beautifully written as well. Love the tiny treadmill!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Just finished reading it...quick thoughts:

I love Vi's gym gear about 1000 times more than her actual costume. I think it's the triangles pointed down to evoke shrinking, amazing what a difference it makes!

I echo the 'why does Thom need physical therapy' question. Not super important, just a bit strange.

Still not warming to Harmonia as a Legionnaire. DEFINITELY don't like her stepping on Shvaughn's turf with Jan ;p

Seriously though, they would make a terrible couple. Two overly serious philosophers. Better than sleeping pills. [Razz]

Could have pretty happily lived without ever seeing a Legionnaire tell us how much they need to piss. Comics, huh.

All in all though, liked it! This kind of lull in the action characterization stuff is exactly what leads to people finding their favourite characters. Good job, team! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:

I echo the 'why does Thom need physical therapy' question. Not super important, just a bit strange.

I assume it's the result of an ultold story in the meantime, perhaps the same battle in which Quislet disappeared.

quote:

Could have pretty happily lived without ever seeing a Legionnaire tell us how much they need to piss. Comics, huh.

Apparently, he wanders around for an hour looking for a toilet as well!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:

BTW, have we gotten an explanation yet on how Luornu actually got amped up to Duplicate Girl?

The Anywhere Machine.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:

I assume it's the result of an ultold story in the meantime, perhaps the same battle in which Quislet disappeared.

Well, Thom was seen in a wheelchair in recent issues. I imagine there are lingering after affects of his injuries, despite the supposed passage of a year.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Perhaps time works differently in the New 52 DCU? Cosmic Boy says they've been searching for the Legion Lost team for "a full solar cycle," intimating the passage of a year, but all of the vignettes pick up on previous subplots as if no more than a day has gone by.

But really bugged me was the timeclock storytelling device in the upper left-hand corner of each page. Although no more than a few seconds pass from one page to the next in many places, the clock tells us an hour has gone by.

Stupid. Just stupid. What do editors do these days? The clock should have advanced only a second or two on those pages, or else been left off entirely, IMHO.

Eryk Davis Ester

I really liked the idea of the timeclock, and of having each page at a different hour (would've been even cooler if we had 24 pages of story), but, yeah, as written it generated a lot of bizarre stuff, such as Brek's drunkard walk down the block apparently taking an hour and Jacques and Glorth taking at least a couple of hours to make it from her quarters to the dining hall. I assume it must have been a late addition to the story rather than something intended originally by Levitz?

Is there any real reason to suppose a "solar cycle" means an earth-year? Apparently, the current usage usually indicates a period of change in the sun's magnetic activity of about eleven years, but one assumes that's not what is meant. It could very well mean something like Mercury-years for all we know.

Eryk Davis Ester

Re: Harmonia, I'm not really warming to her as a character, but it's about time we have a Legionnaire playing a musical instrument! Now, if only we could get a duet with Brainy's lumna-organ.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.