Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The latest Legion issue you've read... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The latest Legion issue you've read...
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Quantum comes a LONG way in Legion Lost.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion Lost did something few other comics have done after, or had done before. The series made me cry twice... in Legion Lost 11 and Legion Lost 12.

Damn!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
awwww. 12 was tough. 11 was more of a shocker for me.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

And then she got really annoying in The Legion!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Panel hog syndrome. I grew tired more quickly of Saturn Girl and Ultra Boy, though. I didn't mind seeing Kid Q (all hips and lips, to quote Chuck Taine) and Brainy.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think it was the "artificially forced upon us as leader" thing that was the real problem. Plus the increasing vagueness of her powers.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Cosmic Boy's "I took the initiative to recommend you to everyone" didn't help, either. Nor did the two of them locking lips all of a sudden!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I seem to recall there was one bit of dialogue by her not long before she became leader that just seemed to come completely out of nowhere, but was clearly intended to set her up as the leader. I remember at the time thinking that it seemed like it should've been something Vi said instead of her.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Legion issue 6, where Kid Q (and Violet) both speak up against Cosmic Boy's decision to pursue Ra's al Ghul while ignoring the civilians being affected by hypertaxis.

I think it wasn't so much Kid Q making a speech, but that DNA had Violet plead with Cos first (We have to help Metropolis, Cos), then Cos being bull-headed (This is Ra's! We can't just...), then Kid Q make her strong speech (... let people die? I'm sorry cosmic Boy, but the Legion I know has never sanctioned the idea of acceptable losses) - I remember fan discussion before that it would have been more effective, story-wise, had the order been reversed. Especially since Violet had more tenure and knew Cos much better than Kid Q did.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Quantum II was one of my favourite Legionnaires coming out of Legion Lost.

The Legion turned her into a character that I never wanted to read about again.

But she was hardly alone in that regard after that series. DnA are pretty unique among comic book writers in that I consider them both one of the best and one of the worst writers to ever pen a run. And their high and low were in such a close period of time to one another too.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:

And then she got really annoying in The Legion!
so much Kid Quantum hate!

Maybe a symbiotic life form replaced her personality off panel around issue #11 of Legion Lost.

Or a demon possession ... a demon that liked short hair.

She did come too far in my opinion, from bad attitude to leader, maybe it shoudl've just been from bad attitude to dependable member ... mainstay. etc.

I've always been confused because Quantum is a measurement ... not an energy or time. Kid Quantum might be a great name for Shrinking Violet. [Confused]

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Kid Quantum II was one of my favourite Legionnaires coming out of Legion Lost.

The Legion turned her into a character that I never wanted to read about again.

But she was hardly alone in that regard after that series. DnA are pretty unique among comic book writers in that I consider them both one of the best and one of the worst writers to ever pen a run. And their high and low were in such a close period of time to one another too.

That's exactly how I felt about DnA. When they first started, there was so much excitement, but by the end, I welcomed the threeboot. Sheesh.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I wouldn't go so far as welcoming the Threeboot, but some of their decisions were questionable, like terrorforming Kinetix (I still don't get why they didn't turn her back after either of the Ra's arcs); making Shikari seem cowardly during Ra's attack; and turning Garth into Jarth.

I would have used the final showdown with Singularity and Credo to restore both Kinetix and Live Wire to their original forms! Unlike with turning Jan into the Progenitor or the death of Monstress or the first sacrifice of Garth (which I was able to accept because of the way it was written), I just couldn't get the storyline reason for Jarth or giraffe Zoe.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Did Legion Lost 4 give you a better impression of Monstress and Kid Quantum II, FL?

To be honest, it did not. Some characters resonate with me, like Shikari, some, like Monstress and Kid Quantum II, don't. [shrug]

LEGION LOST #5 of 12

One of the high points of the maxi-series, and of DnA's entire run. The battle against the towering Omniphagos is among the best in Legion history, in my opinion. And DnA's warts-and-all take on Brainy is just right. For a character so frequently overexposed, he's awfully hard to write.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
The awesome Legion Worlds mini that followed Legion Lost is being released as a trade in February 2013.

Legion Worlds TP
Writers: Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning
Artists: Yvel Guichet, Oivier Coipel, Dexter Vines, Enrique Breccia, Paul Rivoche, Rick Burchett, Darwyn Cooke, Duncan Rouleau, Jaime Hernandez, Rick Leonardi, Al Williamson, Steve Dillon, Klaus Janson, John Stanisci, Jamie Tolagson, Kilian Plunkett, Mike McKone and Marlo Alquiza
Collects: LEGION WORLDS #1-6
$19.99 US, 240 pg

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.