Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion stories that haven't been done to death... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion stories that haven't been done to death...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So, I'd just as soon never read another "Legionnaires trapped in the present time" story again, and "Dominators trying to unlock the secret of human superpowers" is getting pretty boring as well.

So, what hasn't been used enough in LSH history?

There's been surprisingly little done with "visitors from the Legon's future". Waid teased us with the Knights Tempus (which was a groovy-cool concept), and I suppose there's been Anti-Lad and Thunder, but really, it seems like something that could be mined for a pretty cool story.

Similarly, there's a lot that could be explored with the mythology of the 1000 years between the present time and the Legion's time. There's been quite a bit of praise for the Soljer story over in the Bates/Grell thread, and part of what's nice about that tale is that it relies upon the idea of the last great World War and the mysterious weapons of that period (revisited somewhat in v4). There's got to be interesting stuff we can explore in that context. What's the real story of the Unknown Spaceman who first visited Venus?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Stories that take one issue to tell and don't require more than one splash page.

Incest. Has there been any incest? No? Well, that's probably good.

DnA would occasionally have a "behind the scenes" story. There was one with some maintenance guys I remember enjoying so I guess, stories on how Legion affects the rest of the world/galaxy, where membership is really just background.

Untold tales. I'm a sucker for those particularly if they give background to something that has become canon but not well explored. A relationship, a friend of Legion that just showed up in an issue.... Example: statues of the dead. A story about how those come about. That's just a fer example.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
One word: Reflecto.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:

Hey yeah!

If we're rewriting history as we go along anyway, let's get a decent Reflecto story! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Legionnaires affecting the galaxy in ways besides beating up bad guys.

I'm not talking about Legionnaires being affected by events; I'm talking about them trying to be agents of change.

Gates was always talking about the Legion being a waste of resources for defense, when those resources could have been used for education, nutrition etc. Have him do something about it, like get some Legionnaires together for a medical mission (like he and Ultra Boy did, volunteering for a soup kitchen, in issue 94!)

Has Postboot Triad's Legion career changed Carggg's treatment of those with personality differences at all? Did Triad do anything to try and change that?

Did Timber Wolf or Ultra Boy ever try to clean up Rimbor, even a bit?

Dreamer wanted to see if her precognitive abilities could help the Titanet detect threats. How about following up on this?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:

Hey yeah!

If we're rewriting history as we go along anyway, let's get a decent Reflecto story! [Smile]

Rumor has it that while the current Legion has never met the Fatal Five, their version of the Space-Circus of Death story kicks ass! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Legionnaires affecting the galaxy in ways besides beating up bad guys.

They used to do a lot of stuff like exploring the battle-torn remnants of Mlain and stuff during the Adventure Era. It would be nice to see them engaging in more scientific research and exploration.
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Incest. Has there been any incest?

[slaps forehead]

Could somebody please inform Blockade Boy that the SPN boards are elsewhere? (You need to walk three blocks east and then hang a left at the Walgreen's.)

[sigh]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The return of Nardo...

Missions on Lallor, Femnaz, Bgztl...

Follow ups to lots and lots of Advenure stories, like Control Kid, Jungle King, Treemen, Pyramid men, etc.

Developing relationships that affect the larger story and that matter...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion friendships! Would love to see some Legionnaires during downtime. Maybe those stories could involve some action or set up larger plots, I don't mind, but with a team that large it'd sure be nice to see more of who's friends with who, who hates who...

That kind of stuff would never get old.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Lallor - does anyone else find it odd that there were only 5 mutants after their planetary nuclear war? If there are others then what happened to them?

The Wanderers - where exactly do they wander to? And why do they wander? Are they just curious or looking for something specific or running away from something

Invisible Kid 2 - does he have any personality at all?

Alchemists World - I'd love to see something there, just saying.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I've mentioned this before, but I wish they would either:

A) Return Wildfire to his suit-free form where he could simply maintain a human-like shape by force of will.

or

B) Have him arrive at a state where he's no longer completely angsty about not having a human body. Maybe he could meet some other sentients who are energy all or most of the time, and learn a few tips from them.

No, he doesn't have to become all woo-woo and New Age spiritual, but seriously... After all this time some actual brain-growth on his part would be refreshing.

[ETA- If Brainiac 5's forcefield belt doesn't fail every half hour, Wildfire's suit shouldn't end up as rags every half hour, either.]

[ September 16, 2012, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: cleome46 ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
[snip]

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Incest. Has there been any incest?

[slaps forehead]

Could somebody please inform Blockade Boy that the SPN boards are elsewhere? (You need to walk three blocks east and then hang a left at the Walgreen's.)

[sigh]

You should stop slapping your forehead. Seems to have affected your intelligence. When you recover you can read the next line of the post, the one you again didn't snip and stop trying to start childish internet wars.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

I read it, BB. I was just teasing you. (Brother/brother incest is a huge thing in Supernatural fandom/fanfic. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. It's one of those things that I wrongly assumed everyone knew.)

And even when I do disagree with people, I'm not "trying to start childish internet wars." Did I miss the bulletin where we were all required to agree with one another all the time about everything?

[Confused]

--------------------

Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by cleome46:
I read it, BB. I was just teasing you. (Brother/brother incest is a huge thing in Supernatural fandom/fanfic. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. It's one of those things that I wrongly assumed everyone knew.)

And even when I do disagree with people, I'm not "trying to start childish internet wars." Did I miss the bulletin where we were all required to agree with one another all the time about everything?

[Confused]

I'll let others decide whether they believe that to be a HUGE departure from your original intent.

You made no reference to "disagreement" in your post. It was a simple, clear intent to change the meaning of another's post and then make fun of the poster and the post. In the brief time I've been here, this is the second time you've "snipped" to change the meaning of one of my posts and maybe, maybe there is a problem with something you assumed that everyone knew, that the reference to Walgreens was a way to call me "white trash."

Anyhow, my preference would be you not quote me, agreement or disagreement. Based upon brief exposure, I don't consider you a particularly ethical poster.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.