Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion stories that haven't been done to death... (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion stories that haven't been done to death...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
You know what I bet is a problem in the 31st century?

Space-kudzu.

Surely the Legionnaires have to have at least the occasional mission where they save the eco-system of a planet from an accidentally introduced massively invasive species.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What really is the point of the Legion? I mean ... half of them come from whole planets full of people who have powers just like them.

Lightning Lad I get. Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl are obviously the exemplars of their race but ... are they a military organization? and why so young? surely there are older more skilled Braalians or Titanians in the Science Police.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester: Surely the Legionnaires have to have at least the occasional mission where they save the eco-system of a planet from an accidentally introduced massively invasive species.
Given the Dominator's penchant for bio-engineering, the Legionnaires might also have the occasional mission to save the eco-system of a planet from a *deliberately* introduced massively invasive species!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Ooh, way to make the Dominators actually interesting! I like it!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, sort of a 'fire and forget' Dominator scheme, since they don't even have to be present for it, they just have to drop off 'arks' on planets they want to 'terrorform' and let the plants, animals, bacteria, etc. that they've engineered spread under their own power, eating up the old eco-system and turning it into one that's more compatible with their own needs and / or actively hostile to other species needs.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see more of "weird" other-world cultures too. While the Legionnaires are on another planet, maybe they can spend a bit of time immeresing themselves in those cultures. Weird holidays, weird practices, weird food..

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm too lazy to read all 5 pages of this thread so i don't know if this has been brought up yet. BUT I would love to see a Legion squad investigate supernatural type stories and events, similar to the way the Teen Titans did toward the end of their original series. Ghost stories, demonic possessions, etc. etc. Black Witch or Glorith could be involved, or Dream Girl. Phantom Girl could maybe communicate with ghosts, or maybe Luornu could have some sort of link to the spiritual world through her 2 dead bodies. Projectra would also be a natural for this type of stories. Maybe it could be an all girl thing. Maybe visit that island on Preztor where Command Kid's demon came from for example. Or the dead world, Tombor, etc. etc.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Command Kid's demon is technically still floating around, as the Legion had no way of dealing with it after it was exorcised.

That's an unresolved supernatural subplot that's been hanging for a *long* time!

It was kind of neat having Paul & Phil bring back a few of the Taurus Gang for their Adventure stories, dipping into the Silver Age tales for other stuff, like the Murrans or the Heroes of Lallor, could be fun.

I wouldn't want to recycle too much from the past (since some of it was just a tiny bit silly), but the Legion's rich history has some gems that could be plucked forth and re-polished.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
we've only been to BGTZL once ... (right?) ... and it was in a Secret Origins book.

Don't they have crime over there?

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Twice, if you count the trip to the 20th century Bgztl to fight the Dirigible Dictator during the Reflecto Saga.
Eryk Davis Ester

Also, I believe we saw it briefly in the Bates-era story featuring Tinya's brother.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
There are some Legion homeworlds I'd like to see more of, too.

To tie into Jim's idea on supernatural stories, Aleph had evidence of a "former glorious magical civilization". Maybe someone wants to restore said civilization and Kinetix could lead the female Legionnaires to check it out!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Another thought I posted on another thread: I'd like to see a series of stories from the early LSH days featuring just the first 8 to 10 members, with none of the super clones thrown in to hog the action. So no Superboy, Supergirl, Mon-El, Ultra Boy, or Star Boy. Oh, and NO Brainiac 5 either!

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Another thought I posted on another thread: I'd like to see a series of stories from the early LSH days featuring just the first 8 to 10 members, with none of the super clones thrown in to hog the action.

While I'm a bit 'foundered out,' I have to admit, I'd love some stories about the first five, since it would give us some chances for Luornu and Tinya to shine (and to see a Legion band where three out of five are girls!), without either of them being encumbered by relationship issues (since Chuck and Jo wouldn't have been introduced yet).

The first eight, minus Superboy, would include Colossal Boy, Invisible Lyle and Chameleon Boy, and I'd also be keen on seeing that group in action, since, barring any of the Super-folk, Colossal Boy would be the 'big gun' of the group, and it would be cool to see Invisible Lyle in a team with no Brainy to upstage him and render all lesser geniuses into sockpuppets.

To be totally contrary, after letting Colossal Boy have some time, six issues or so, as the Legion's 'heavy hitter,' I wouldn't mind introducing Star Boy, with his crazy original powers (Superboy + Electrical Vision!).

Alternately, totally retcon Star Boy's original powers. Say instead that his mass-manipulating / gravity affecting abilities were supercharged when they first manifested, and he could alter his own mass to become effectively invulnerable (and super-strong), making him *seem* like he had Superboy-like strength and toughness, but that his powers later 'came down' to much lower levels. Instead of having a whole bunch of powers, replaced by mass manipulation, his whole schtick *was always* mass manipulation (with any holotapes suggesting that he had 'electrical vision' or whatever being 'chronicler's error' or deliberate misinformation!), he just doesn't have the crazy super-charged power that he had right after the meteor exposure.

Perhaps those supercharged powers weren't merely temporary, but also hard to control, and had to be 'bled off' to a more manageable level, for Thom's safety (and the safety of everyone around him!).

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.