Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » San Diego 2006 Reports from the Edge (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: San Diego 2006 Reports from the Edge
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Miner, Kent, Abin and I are here. This will be the thread in which we will tell you all about the fun we are having and you are not. Preview night is coming up.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Mllash,

On my train trip here, I crossed the Mississippi on Monday evening. So I wrote a quick note, put it in a bottle and tossed it in the river. Did you get it yet?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
well, we survived Preview night. man it was crowded! dunno how the regular con's going to be.

Upper Deck's Vs. card game is going to have a LSH booster pack line, but its release date hasn't been set yet.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unless there have been changes they've been planning it for around November.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Things I Discovered Yesterday, by Outdoor Miner

The worst burrito in America can be found at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport

When a guy uses the phrase "I feel JOHNNY LAW is in the house!" 9 times in a 2-minute span at ever escalating volume, it's best just to leave the room.

San Diego has a Transportation Vigilante, who roams the night, dispensing invaluable info on bus and trolley schedules to tourists and other lost folk. Seriously. I think he even had a cape.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Unless there have been changes they've been planning it for around November.

Why am I not surprised that, even though he's not in San Diego, Scott still is still the best source for inside info?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Abin Quank,

Clean up in Room 311!

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

preview night was crowded, damn crowded!

I'm not even going to try to get out on the floor on the weekend; I'll go right to the upstairs programming. I think the con's outgrown even this mega-convention center.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm leaving soon, eeeeee!!

Btw, I'll be sans bike since it refuses to fit in my car. One less thing to worry about. [Wink]

Uhm, yeah. No more 'net for me!! See you around 8pm. I'll be calling Abin. Ye be warned. [Good]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Mllash,

On my train trip here, I crossed the Mississippi on Monday evening. So I wrote a quick note, put it in a bottle and tossed it in the river. Did you get it yet?

Antiquated Forms of Communication Lad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

The worst burrito in America can be found at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport

I hate when burritos disappoint.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Day one:
easier, actually, to get around vs. preview night.

I went to the Battlestar:Galactica (1st of 2) panel, and stuck around for the beginning of the Rosario Dawson panel that followed. They didn't make a winning presentation re: her new comic, but she's delightful (of course).

This Battlestar panel focused on Richard Hatch, the music gy and the science advisor; we only got a small snipet from season 3, of Baltar lamenting. We also saw a 4-minute segment of Hatch's 90s BG effort; but I guess that's been shown several times before.

I went to the Batton Lash/Kyle Baker/Phil Fogliopanel on self-publishing, too. THAT was great! It reignited my enthusiasm for my own comic projects, many of which have been stalled for years.

I touched base with LEGION-John and met his friend Raven; they can't make dinner with us tonight (but hopefully Mechana and her Shawn can)

I found some back-issue bargains (despite a HUGE show floor (Abin estimates 10 times Boston's) there aren't a lot of back-issue dealers; sooooo many toys, games, manga, new product, film/TV, etc):

Adventure 308, 316, 354, 368, Best of DC Digest 24 (LSH), Action 391,, Superboy 184 and Lois Lne 50. Also some Gaiman I'd missed, a new Eddie Campbell GN, and a few other things.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

PS Make Abin tell the Greg Rucka story!

I/we have even less reason to like him now. I'll let Abin say the rest.

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
C'mon Abin!

Tell all, you can't possibly keep us hanging now.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

After 4 hours of delays, Caliente's train arrived in San Diego at 11 p.m., after being stuck in Anaheim because of brake problems.

At one point, Monkey-Eater Lad and I were ready to drive up and get her, but just as we were letting her know that the train started moving, so we stayed at the restaurant with Mechana and her fella. Abin had to leave early, L-John had other plans, and Quis and Miner apparently had a different interpretation of our plans (and were sans cell phone).

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.