Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition
The Election Tyrant
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Election Tyrant           Edit/Delete Post     
This thread is for asking the candidates for LMB leader any questions relevant to making up your mind whom to vote for. See the Official Rules Thread for details on the election.

This debate is largely a free for all, and posters should feel free to ask either general questions directed to every candidate or ones directed to more specific candidates. Candidates may respond to one another's points, and may ask one another questions as well.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates, who have yet to declare:

1. What is your position on waffles?

2. What is your position on waffling?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Oops I threw my top er hat into the ring of the wrong thread. Perhaps a Rich Daddy Figure can clean up the mess.

1 Waffles are good any time of day. Especially with strawberries and whipped cream.

2 Waffling is something I tolerate only in my weak willed boyfriend. My opponents should be wary not to waffle, cuz that's ground for a smacking.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Waffles? What are waffles?

I apologize, Ms. Cramer, but I still have a lot to learn about being human.

Are waffles small creatures of some sort? And would "waffling" refer to hunting said creatures?

Oh, my! I am quite opposed to hunting for sport!

Does that answer your questions?!?!

[ February 22, 2008, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Clive ]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates, what would be your opinion of the LMB's next recruit being a hero whose power is causing weird effects by bouncing his pectoral muscles? Think a pec-flexing Tyroc-type Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
In general I am against such deus ex machina type powers, though I might be persuaded to make an exception. I would need to examine the pulsing pecs in question privately before making a judgment.
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nova Girl:
Oops I threw my top er hat into the ring of the wrong thread. Perhaps a Rich Daddy Figure can clean up the mess.

I am neither rich nor a daddy, but your faux pas no longer exists.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates:

1) Cake or pie?

2) Pancakes on bunnies. Your opinion.

3) Should Britney Spears have visitation with her children? Why or why not?

4) What do you think about people riding in the subway pantsless?

5) Which of the currently available avatar do you think I should use next?

[ January 15, 2008, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

Free Waffles for Everyone!

Waffling is fun, especially when you do it to the young uns and they get all, like, "hurry up" and stuff.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates, what would be your opinion of the LMB's next recruit being a hero whose power is causing weird effects by bouncing his pectoral muscles? Think a pec-flexing Tyroc-type Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

Excellent Idea and I am sure I can ask one of the girls around here to make sure such a hero is in perfect fighting trim.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Candidates:

1) Cake or pie?

1) I don’t see why we should force people to choose. I suggest they can have both if they want as often as they want and be able to change between pie and cake as often as they want.

2) Yummy. A good rabbit stew is the food of the gods. Putting a pancake there means you get desert as well.

3) Who is Britney Spears, is she one of the Berkshire Spears? Should one have seen her during the season?

4) We should do all we can to encourage Pov to get out more and if he wants to use the subway then he should.

5) As you are a fine fellow with impeccable taste I would never dream of attempting to influence your choice of Avatars. Whatever you choose will, I am sure be noble upstanding and decent.

--------------------
Faithfull

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway Lad, do you plan on formally declaring you candidacy?

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Sorry m'lady. I guess my declaration must of got lost in the post. So if you will accept this as a declaration I would be eternally in your debt.

--------------------
Faithfull

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Faraway Lad, do you plan on formally declaring you candidacy?

Can the other candidates answer this question?

--------------------

Nova Girl
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Candidates:

1) Cake or pie?

1) Pie without a doubt.
2) You describe a crepe I had once, the fillets were served raw. It was not nice tasted quite earthy.
3) Irresponsible people shouldn't have babies. Though I encourage them to have fun before they are crushed by their responsibilities.
4) Are they hot or do they have spindly chicken legs? While I have no business telling people what to wear I would suggest to participants that a little vanity makes the world more aesthetically pleasing.
5) Again I have no preference on members avatars might I suggest a silver age classic.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.