Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor Mayavale           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates: I'm thinking of having my tail-feathers frosted. Will this make my butt look big?

Yes.

But Mayavale notes that his anaconda don't want none unless you got big buns, hun.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
A question for Dr. Mayavale (if he runs this time): Who was I in our past life (lives) and how are the karmic scales between us?

Mayavale notes that, oddly enough, he and Quislet, Esq., have had quite the cordial relationship in most of our remembered past lives. This leads Mayavale to suspect that Quislet, Esq. is plotting against him.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
If you weren't running or were not inclined to vote for yourself, which of the other candidates would have your vote and why?

Faraway Lad because of his experience and upstanding character. I believe also that he is the best qualified among the other candidates to recognize and react to the upcoming threat heralded by the events of January 8th.

quote:
And who, among those not running thus far, should be running? Why?
Rockhopper Lad, definitely. Based on his performance as Deputy three terms ago and my firsthand knowledge of his boundless generosity, I believe there may be no one better suited to be Leader in this climate, myself and Faraway included. If he were to suddenly announce his candidacy, I would drop out.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
For all candidates: who would you rather have for entertainment at your Inaugural festivities: Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet?

Jimmy Buffet. Mayavale seeks his aid in finding a shaker of salt he has lost.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
Candidates: What do you have to say to me, a seldom used alt/former invader of Legion World?

Are you aware of the fact that in one lifetime you were Jemima, beautiful daughter of Job?

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
If you weren't running or were not inclined to vote for yourself, which of the other candidates would have your vote and why?

Although he is hardly hot, I would vote for Mayavale because his soup is so excellent. Also because I've been meditating on this subject.

I would suggest a member of the Libertarian-Hedonism Party Run. Preferably she would also share by religious views on the Beta-Lactam Liberation from the cruel Darwinian Struggle and the consequential Freedom and Responsibility of Sentient Species.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
I'll pose the same question I asked Nova Girl to all candidates: What is your position on the LMB aiding the UP, our strongest ally, in their war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus and in the ongoing incursions on UP space by the Dark Oval, exemplified by their recent forced annexation of Epsilon Sector?

I would definitely urge caution in any consideration of intervening in foreign affairs by the LMB. One has to remember that part of the reason for the U.P.'s current problems with the Khanate is that they themselves have been interfering in the internal affairs of Sol Invictus for decades. It wasn't too long ago that the leaders of the U.P. were supporting the Khan himself in his attempts to hold onto power.

Similarly, I believe that we ourselves are responsible for many of the problems with the Dark Oval. The more we treat them as "enemies", the more we encourage their aggressive tendencies. One of Mayavale's first actions as LMB leader will be to reach out three hands of friendship to the leaders of the Dark Oval.

(Mayavale plans on carrying a "big stick" in the fourth hand. Mayavale is idealistic, but not completely dumb.)

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Clive:

quote:
Rockhopper Lad, definitely. Based on his performance as Deputy three terms ago and my firsthand knowledge of his boundless generosity, I believe there may be no one better suited to be Leader in this climate, myself and Faraway included. If he were to suddenly announce his candidacy, I would drop out.
I appreciate the thought, Clive, but not this time. I might throw my hat in the ring again someday, but not now.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
For all candidates: Cowbell - great musical instrument or the greatest musical instrument?

The mellotron is the greatest musical instrument. However, Mayavale notes that he has customized "cowbell tapes" to use in his own personal mellotron.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
What would you choose as the official dessert of the LMB?

Mayavale would not make such a momentous decision without consulting the wheeling mists.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:

As Mayavale is running and does intend to vote for himself, and for that matter to win the election, he does not see the point in such a hypothetical case.

I have to admit, however, that CJ Taylor would make an excellent candidate.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nova Girl:
I accuse my opponents of being pwned by the special interest groups who are keeping us down.

Faraway is in some anachronistic historical troupe. Who's to say they don't have it in for us. I've no need to wear those heavy uncomfortable dresses and those corsets.

My dear the ladies inform me that those dresses are not uncomfortable, and whilst I am sure that you have no need to wear a corset, in fact in the Georgian period corsets as such were not worn. The fashion amongst Ladies was of course for Empire line dresses al la Pride and Prejudice etc. The lower orders did wear stays, but these were not boned and, as modern Bras etc had not yet been invented, were a comfortable way to hold things in and together so to speak.
As for having it in for you, who exactly is “us” and what are you hiding from the electorate that worries you enough to want to keep the forces of his legitimate Majesty at bay.

quote:

I demand that my opponents come clean about their records and the contributors to their campaigns and their true agendas for their upcoming terms.

In terms of my records, well I don’t have many but like to play classical music on my old 75’s, Beethoven and Mozart being a particular favourite. If you wish to examine my campaign expenses please see my campaign manager Mr Shakespeare and refer to the members register at the House. I am proud of being completely open and above board unlike the Honourable member opposite, Mr Hain.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
Candidates: What do you have to say to me, a seldom used alt/former invader of Legion World?

Welcome, Live in peace with us here. And if we need you to help out a bit can we call on you.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad

quote:
I'll pose the same question I asked Nova Girl to all candidates: What is your position on the LMB aiding the UP, our strongest ally, in their war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus and in the ongoing incursions on UP space by the Dark Oval, exemplified by their recent forced annexation of Epsilon Sector?

I am in principal opposed to any formal military alliances with any body. I see the role of the LMBP as one of keeping the peace where needed and where asked (after all we can’t party if there’s a ruckus going on somewhere can we). However, I fully support individuals with the LMBP undertaking humanitarian aid where they see a need.

--------------------
Faithfull

Faraway Lad

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
For all candidates: Cowbell - great musical instrument or the greatest musical instrument?

I am afraid I am in a minority here as I seem to be the only one who thinks Cowbells are best left on cows and nowhere near music.

--------------------
Faithfull

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.