Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
We ally with foreign powers based on shared values such as the Freedom to choose what is best for each individual sentient, so long as that choice does not impinge on the right of their neighbors to have the same choice. This is the most fundamental Freedom.

As for the UP specifically: I know Angus 'Squiddy' MacDonald, the new military liaison officer in the UP office. He and I went to school together and dated briefly. I don't usually date Scots or Molluskoids (let alone Scottish Molluskoids) but I was a bit curious back then and he looked so cute in that slimy blazer, kilt and school-tie.

I'm sure I'll have a great working relationship with him.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
For all candidates: Cowbell - great musical instrument or the greatest musical instrument?
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Bah do I have to vote? What if I want to reject the ballot?

The best way to reject the ballot Tamper is to get elected then reject the result. Or simply remain leader then change the rules.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates: I'm thinking of having my tail-feathers frosted. Will this make my butt look big?

Not at all, as long as your butt is not already big [Wink]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
For all candidates: Cowbell - great musical instrument or the greatest musical instrument?

I love cowbells. I make all my underlings who ask annoying questions and waste my valuable time wear one round their necks. Then when I hear them coming to my office I conveniently fly out the window.
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
What would you choose as the official dessert of the LMB?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
I'll pose the same question I asked Nova Girl to all candidates: What is your position on the LMB aiding the UP, our strongest ally, in their war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus and in the ongoing incursions on UP space by the Dark Oval, exemplified by their recent forced annexation of Epsilon Sector?

Under my leadership, the LMB will stand strong with the UP and aid it in any way we can against those threats. It's my belief that if we don't take a stronger stand against the Khanate and the Oval's agressive incursions, there may be no UP, and indeed no Legion World, left to defend.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by dedman:

Cowbell? Hell YEAH! I've learned how to play and intend to release an all-cowbell music album this Spring!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
What would you choose as the official dessert of the LMB?

As I implied in the 'cake or pie' question earlier, I'm a BIG fan of cheesecake! I think making it the official dessert of Legion World would help bring the two sides together and end their hurtful war of words!
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Because I support both the cake and pie communities, I propose something completely different, which I'll call the Hero Roll.

Crepe stuffed with cassis-infused chocolate ganache, compote of summer berries and served with creme anglaise.

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor Mayavale           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Candidates, who have yet to declare:

1. What is your position on waffles?

2. What is your position on waffling?

1. Mayavale prefers pancakes.

2. Might I humbly suggest that voters be wary of media commentators who utilize such loaded terms as "waffling" and try to stigmatize candidates by tossing them around? For example, one might have spent one lifetime in pursuit of the murder and destruction of all that is wholesome and innocent in the universe, and then spent one's next lifetime promoting the well-being of all sentients. To some, this may seem like a lack of commitment to a cause or ability to keep goals in focus. But I submit that such a change may simply be a healthy attempt to keep the karmic scales in balance, and voters should celebrate mutability rather than condemning it.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates, what would be your opinion of the LMB's next recruit being a hero whose power is causing weird effects by bouncing his pectoral muscles? Think a pec-flexing Tyroc-type Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

Mayavale judges not a man by his power, but by his character. I would have to know said recruit and his history throughout the cycles of birth and rebirth before answering the question.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If you weren't running or were not inclined to vote for yourself, which of the other candidates would have your vote and why?

And who, among those not running thus far, should be running? Why?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Candidates:

1) Cake or pie?

2) Pancakes on bunnies. Your opinion.

3) Should Britney Spears have visitation with her children? Why or why not?

4) What do you think about people riding in the subway pantsless?

5) Which of the currently available avatar do you think I should use next?

1. Mayavale prefers cake. Particularly pancakes.

2. Once the great teacher Molkata was hungry for pancakes. He asked his student Holka to make him some. After said pancakes were served to Molkata, he placed them on the head of a bunny. Holka, confused, asked him why he did this. Molkata replied that there is much in the universe that does not admit of explanation, but we should always be willing to take amusement in the randomness of it all.

Though Mayavale would generally prefer eating pancakes to placing them on the head of bunnies.

3. Mayavale has a theory about Miss Spears. In my time as a traveler along many spiritual paths, I have seen some who have been severely hampered in their quest by improper use of chemical aids. While the wheeling mists, for example, can be a great help in achieving transendental enlightenment, those who attempt to inhale them without proper guidance often shows signs of erratic behavior much like that of Miss Spears. I suggest that she would be best to reject the responsibilities of family and public life, and spend the next decade in meditation under the guidance of a genuine spiritual instructor such as myself.

4. Mayavale has little opinion on this matter, though he notes that he often goes pantsless in his own intergalactic trolleycar.

5. I would suggest this avatar:

-

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Bah do I have to vote? What if I want to reject the ballot?

Mayavale suggests that unless you are going to vote for Mayavale, you should not vote.

That is the view of Mayavale.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

Doctor Mayavale
Enlightened!

quote:
Candidates: what is your position on the LMB and foreign entanglements?

Mayavale believes the LMB should work to promote and defend the core values upon which it was founded. Co-operation with foreign powers can often be beneficial to the pursuit of this goal, but blind support for anyone can only hinder our purposes.

--------------------
I LIKE IKE!!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.