Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Official LMB Leader Election Debate Thread: January 2008 Edition
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Candidates, what would be your opinion of the LMB's next recruit being a hero whose power is causing weird effects by bouncing his pectoral muscles? Think a pec-flexing Tyroc-type Good idea? Bad idea? Somewhere in between?

That seems an odd power! But as mine and my father's powers originate from fat cells, I see no reason to oppose it!

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Candidates:

1) Cake or pie?

2) Pancakes on bunnies. Your opinion.

3) Should Britney Spears have visitation with her children? Why or why not?

4) What do you think about people riding in the subway pantsless?

5) Which of the currently available avatar do you think I should use next?

1) Gosh! I'm only a year old, and you want me to answer the most important question facing mankind? Sure! The answer is cheescake--the best of both worlds!

2) As long as they aren't used to trap poor, helples waffles for hunting, I have no problem with this.

3) Who or what is a "Britney Spears"?

4) If there's no law prohibiting pantslessness on the subway, I have no issue with this. Otherwise, I am a law-abiding sentient.

5) It would do my heart well to see you use one of father's old avatars in tribute. I miss him dearly. But only do so if you fancy the idea.

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
quote:
Originally posted by Caliente:
Faraway Lad, do you plan on formally declaring you candidacy?

Can the other candidates answer this question?
Nope. The rules say you can ask specific candidates questions!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah do I have to vote? What if I want to reject the ballot?
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates: what is your position on the LMB and foreign entanglements?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates: I'm thinking of having my tail-feathers frosted. Will this make my butt look big?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

Voting is important and declining voter turnout is a symptom of systemic malaise. My campaign is really designed to improve turnout amongst the youths by appealing to their sensibilities.

I encourage all the MMB gals who want my life of partying, shopping and laying a beating on bad guys to come out to vote for me. I also wanna tell all the MMB boys that wanna get with me to come out and vote. I love you all and will work for you non-stop if elected.

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

I've been a fair share of foreign entanglements while traveling on business myself. While it's always better to choose situations you can maintain control in, sometimes things get out of hand. Usually these cases can be settled with large yet discrete gratuities to the hotel housekeeping staff and the concierge desk.

If elected I will have Cobie er all LMBers itemize these gratuities on expense reports so that we can track and train to reduce these entanglements in the future.

As for large scale military entanglements, I'm running against the war industries. Though I'm not a pacifist I'd prefer to Make Merry and Not War.

quote:
Candidates: I'm thinking of having my tail-feathers frosted. Will this make my butt look big?

Sorry Rocky, we girls never answer such loaded questions. Though we maintain the perogative to ask them to our hapless boyfriends.

Rocky, I suggest using holosimulation to frost your tail-feathers and deciding for yourself. I use it all the time and ask my hapless boyfriends after anyway because I enjoy seeing them twist in the wind.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
A question for Dr. Mayavale (if he runs this time): Who was I in our past life (lives) and how are the karmic scales between us?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
For all candidates: who would you rather have for entertainment at your Inaugural festivities: Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:

My dad told me about you before he died--and to remind you about those incriminating holos of you he left me in case you ever got out of line!

I don't care who you vote for, but vote and/or don't hinder the election process--and they'll stay out of sight. Savvy?

quote:

I'd probably untangle them.

quote:

If it did, I'd never be so rude as to tell. However, you've lost much weight and really gotten into good shape lately, so I doubt that would be a problem! [Embarrassed]

quote:
For all candidates: who would you rather have for entertainment at your Inaugural festivities: Warren Buffet or Jimmy Buffet?

Excuse me...are these sentient food spreads or something? I would never hire a sentient to entertain me and then eat him! That would be beyond rude!
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

There's no need to choose:

Warren for the rich daddies looking to pad their oh so cute daughters' trust funds;

Jimmy for the rich daddies who think (mistakenly) that they're cool enough to hit on their daughters' friends;

a different band for most of the rest of us;

and a Seafood Buffet for all.

Nova Girl
Substitute

I accuse my opponents of being pwned by the special interest groups who are keeping us down.

For instance Clive over there was once a robot who was taken over for malicious purposes. Remember the destruction from that incident. I think my toe still hurts from all the buttkicking I had to do.

Faraway is in some anachronistic historical troupe. Who's to say they don't have it in for us. I've no need to wear those heavy uncomfortable dresses and those corsets.

And you can only imagine what Mayavale's involved in.

I demand that my opponents come clean about their records and the contributors to their campaigns and their true agendas for their upcoming terms.

Helena Handbasket
Lost an arm for Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Helena Handbasket   Email Helena Handbasket         Edit/Delete Post     
Candidates: What do you have to say to me, a seldom used alt/former invader of Legion World?
From: A spare room over Quislet's Table | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

quote:
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:
Candidates: What do you have to say to me, a seldom used alt/former invader of Legion World?

Well...I don't suppose you've seen Seth Gaterra, Bat-Fem, Clark Marlowe and Rockhopper Lass lately, have you?

quote:
Originally posted by Nova Girl:
I accuse my opponents of being pwned by the special interest groups who are keeping us down.

For instance Clive over there was once a robot who was taken over for malicious purposes. Remember the destruction from that incident. I think my toe still hurts from all the buttkicking I had to do.

Yes, Nova...and I gave full disclosure on this over at my campaign HQ. It was a regrettable time in my young life, but I learned much from it and am dedicated to do anything I can to protect Legion World from any future threats to its safety.

By the way, physician--heal thyself! Your association with Tamper Lad hardly earns you a position on the moral high ground. At least my transgressions were unwilling. How can you justify associating and oing business with Legion World's most notoriously self-interested and legally-gray citizen?

Nova Girl
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket:

Alt-Ids are awesome. Who wouldn't like going away for a long time and beaching yourself just to show up again in a critical hour of history is a great thing?

quote:
Originally posted by Clive:
Yes, Nova...and I gave full disclosure on this over at my campaign HQ. It was a regrettable time in my young life, but I learned much from it and am dedicated to do anything I can to protect Legion World from any future threats to its safety.

By the way, physician--heal thyself! Your association with Tamper Lad hardly earns you a position on the moral high ground. At least my transgressions were unwilling. How can you justify associating and oing business with Legion World's most notoriously self-interested and legally-gray citizen?

His bumbling misadventures made Daddy an asteroid full of money? Also because I'm independently wealthy, my relationships are free of considerations of personal gain for myself. Tamper isn't wealthy which explains his constant self-interest and he does provide many products and services at reasonable rated.

I have never participated in any illegal business activity with any entity.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll pose the same question I asked Nova Girl to all candidates: What is your position on the LMB aiding the UP, our strongest ally, in their war with the Khanate of Sol Invictus and in the ongoing incursions on UP space by the Dark Oval, exemplified by their recent forced annexation of Epsilon Sector?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.