Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions!
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
C'mon, people, ideas!!!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm, like for instance -

Infectious Lass should be renamed as Outbreak?

Polar Boy ---> Iceberg

Night Girl ---> the Owl

Color Kid ----> the Hue

Is that what you're asking us for?

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Umm.... let's not and pretend we did!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Not the Subs... the SUPER-COMPANIONS!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe the Super Animal-Companions, that I could support.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, yeah!!!

That team of all-gay superheroes who tried to convert Superboy!

That Storm Boy sure was cute...

Hey! In the 2995 Sourcebook, it is revealed that Storm Boy joined the Legion during the 5-Year Gap.

Since the other Storm Boy that was introduced in the early ADV. run didn't have actual powers, I must conclude that Super-Companion Storm Boy was the one who joined.

ANOTHER gay Legionnaire!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Comet King
No 1 Tellus fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Comet King           Edit/Delete Post     
Who are the Super Companions?

--------------------
"What a total entropic mess! Let me at it!"

From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

They were a group of super-homosexuals of space.

They appeared in ADVENTURE COMICS # 371, their only appearance.

The membership included:

The above-mentioned STORMBOY, who had the power to create rainstorms.

LIQUIDMAN, who had the sensing-shattering ability to turn into-- a puddle! Really!

TREE-MAN, whose bark was worse than his bite!

SHADOWMAN, a sissy-boy version of Phantom Girl.

TELEPATHY MAN, but, ummm... I can't remember what his powers were... *duh!*

Anyhoo, this gay space-sugar daddy with a giant bald head (from a world of folks with giant bald heads, apparently) decides he wants a super-sex harem so he forces these heroes from differnet worlds to join him. They even get Superboy to leave the Legion and join 'cause he was going through a brief bi-curious stage (Ultra Boy: "Superboy... have you gone space-happy?").

Eventually, the homo-heroes concoct a plan to escape the bald sugar-daddy dude, and Superboy, his curiosity satiated for the nonce, leaves the team.

Gay stuff in the story:

Page 1: chicken-meat STORMBOY is engaged in a rather passionate embrace with the decidedly older LIQUIDMAN.

Page 4: the above-referenced Ultra Boy quote referring to Superboy's decision to tiptoe through the tulips.

Page 6: In an attempt to create pathos, it is revealed that STORMBOY can be killed by a rainbow (forever banishing him from Pride Festivals galaxy-wide)

Page 12: "Look! Telepathy Man created wepons that shoot terrible balls of fire!"

Plus more stuff, but I don't wanna spoil the WHOLE thing...!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Telepathy Man-- Wouldn't be such a dumb name if the guy was actually telepathic!

Instead, he had super-telekinesis or something.

[ April 18, 2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Super-GAY-telekinesis!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I think Tree Man was the gayest of the Super-Companions, with his power to grow extra limbs!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

More gay stff in that story...

Stormboy, spoken like a true queen in a jealous rage: "The power of being ruler has given Superboy a swelled head!"

Superboy dons a nelly space-tiara for half of the story.

Superboy, explaining his bi-curiosity: "Smallville... is a nice place! The only thing that bothered me was an iquisitive girl, Lana Lang, who suspected my secret."

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Hmmm... it occurs to me that the Super-Companions would be a swell place for the reboot Anti-Lad, the bald, butt-crack headed man-hating lesbian. But who would HER companion be...?

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Not much love for the idea of bringing back the Super-Companions.

You're all a bunch of space-homophobes!

Or, more likely, you think Liquidman, Telepathy Man, etc. were lame characters.

I bet you'd buy the SUPER-COMPANIONS SPECIAL written by Grant Morrison and drawn by Jim Lee, though!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... there must be a way to de-lamify the Super-Companions, while keeping all of their super-gayness intact...
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.