Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Amusing covers restored, page 4!
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Super-Companions fanfic!, 'cause nobody else would be crazy enough to write it!

Of course, having no idea what I was writing about, I set it in the 30th century...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by evil MLLASH tot:
Hey! Instead of Splash, let's call Liquidman COCKTAIL. It's a liquid, after all, and sounds REAL gay!

As long as we don't call him Golden Shower.

Say, was it ever specified that he could ONLY turn into water? There are a whole lot of other liquids out there...

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Thoughts on 'rebooting' the Super-Companions (who first off, need another name, like Company of Heroes or something!);

Tree-Man –
New name: Hardwood, Timber, Undergrowth, Wildwood, Weald

Wonderful! Now he's not lame, but still super-gay!

PS I love the rest of your ideas, Set!
quote:
Thoughts on 'rebooting' the Super-Companions (who first off, need another name, like Company of Heroes or something!);

Tree-Man – power upgrade to 'root' self and grow to enormous size, skin hard as wood, grow various alien fruits, flowers, pollens, thorns and nuts that do cool things, can also change the color of his leafy covering
New name: Hardwood, Timber, Undergrowth, Wildwood, Weald

Liquidman – no longer needs to drink his special elixir, and can change part of all of self solid or liquid as needed, including worn or carried objects (allowing him to grab a bad-guys gun and turn it to water in his hand). Established as a scientist, he builds freeze pellets and burn pellets that allow him to become ice or steam, can also use them as incendiraries or freeze grenades, later will invent shock pellets that allow him to shock people he splashes as well, and poison pellets that allow him to paralyze people
New name: Water, Aquatic, Aqueous, Limnal, Pluvial, Deluge, Serum, Splash, Hydrous, Torrent

Stormboy – needs no upgrade or development from the already cool power to create rainstorms and throw lightning
New names: Tempest, Thunderbolt, Weatherman, Downdraft, Climate, Atmosphere, Cloudburst, Furor, Blitzkrieg, Typhoon, Cyclone, Gale, Hurricane, Blizzard, Windstorm, Squall, Whiteout, Monsoon, Downpour, Deluge, Skyfire, Lightning Rod, Thunderstorm

Shadowman – Establish whether or not he can move fast in altered / intangible state, can become invisible and or can fly? Does he alter particles of things he passes through, making them fall apart (or possibly strengthening them, as he wishes, by 'possessing' an item and using his own self to reinforce their molecular bonds?)?
Dusk, Penumbra, Gloom, Umbra, Vestige, Occult, Shade, Sunset, Twilight, Aphotic, Atrementous, Caliginous, Crepulscular, Inky, Nebulous, Murk, Opaque, Stygian, Tenebrous, Midnight, Eclipse, Nightfall

Telepathy Man – Tulpa/thoughtform, able to generate any item that he can understand, which is mostly simple items, but can study up to create complicated things. Most creations are temporary. Later revealed (when he ‘dies’) that his body is a ‘telepathic projection’ and that the real Telepathy Man never leaves his home world, creating new thoughtforms to project his powers across the galaxy.
Cerebration, Cogitation, Cogito, Thought Lord,
Thoughtmaster, Tulpa, Thoughtform, Reverie, Trance, Daydreamer, Cognate

With names that aren't mock-bait, and powers more clearly established and refined (and, in Liquidman's case, augmented by further use of his scientific genius), the team could be salvagable and used quite seriously.

The silly crown-bestowing collector alien could have turned over a new leaf (or, another member of his species could have done so, to atone for her brother's misdeeds), and serve as their 'R.J. Brande' civilian handler type person, coordinating their actions and providing them a base of operations, etc. Where the first alien basically hornswaggled (and, in some cases, blackmailed!) them into coming to his world, the new contact could simply do her best to keep them coordinated, without imposing any sort of agenda on them. Their related worlds could be close enough together that they serve as a sort of 'local branch' superhero team, in that region, which would be far enough from UP central space as to benefit from having it's own local team for local emergencies, rather than having to call to Earth for Legion assistance and hope they aren't busy / get there in time.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Super-Companions fanfic!, 'cause nobody else would be crazy enough to write it!

Of course, having no idea what I was writing about, I set it in the 30th century...

I remember being totally horrified when it dawned on me that the Super-Companions were indeed 20thc. heroes... for one thing, it totally destroyed my long-held 'Storm Boy joined the LSH during the 5 Year Gap' theory.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by evil MLLASH tot:
I remember being totally horrified when it dawned on me that the Super-Companions were indeed 20thc. heroes... for one thing, it totally destroyed my long-held 'Storm Boy joined the LSH during the 5 Year Gap' theory.

Nonsense! Why, everyone knows that Storm Boy and his secret lover Shadowman entered the shadow dimensions, where time runs more slowly, in order to live a happy life together.

However, when the 30th century rolled around, they got into a tiff and Storm Boy exited in a Big Gay Huff! He went on to join the Legion briefly, before Shadowman followed him. They then kissed and made up, and when the Legion was disbanded anyway, they went back home.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I was almost inspired by this thread to write a sequel to my Super-Companions fanfic, but I went to sleep and forgot the plot seed entirely...

Gah! It would have been epic, I'm sure!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

*gasp*

Before the memory fades, quick! We'll get Universo to hypnotize you!

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
*gasp*

Nah, you don't want to sidetrack me from my slogging through this 'introduce Zoe Saugin to the classic continuity' fanfic that I've yet to think of a clever name for... [Smile]
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Time for the annual bump of one of the best threads ever!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
*gasp*

Nah, you don't want to sidetrack me from my slogging through this 'introduce Zoe Saugin to the classic continuity' fanfic that I've yet to think of a clever name for... [Smile]
It was an awesome fanfic [Big Grin]

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.