Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hey, let's reboot the Super-Companions!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
From BoLB, Adv. #308:

Matthew Maynard, Seattle, Wash.: "NATURE BOY . . . he can cause tidal waves, stop waterfalls, make volcanoes erupt."

And little did anyone suspect that this guy would become a star decades later in UNCANNY EXCELLENTS!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The power to stop waterfalls should not be underestimated!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Of course, the 2010 version has his power levels boosted to nigh-astronomical levels. ...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... that leaves an opening for my groovy new idea for a character...

REVERSE-WATERFALL LAD!

A member of a whole team of characters, each modeled after one of the Seven Wonders of the 31st Century!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'd read it!!!

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, they weren't really supposed to all be gay, were they?
All of them?
[LOL]
I made a comment on another thread, asking where the girls were, so I didn't get 'it'.
sorry

Puddle Guy was tuned into a female on Smallville and eventually killed by Doomsday (Tori Spelling, whom I was glad to see go.)
It was actually a pretty cool power the way it was shown there.

Shadowman's power is half of my superpower here on the role-playing boards (mixed with a little low level empathy.)
So, I don't think of it as a lame power, completely.

Tree Man reminds me of Ents from Lord of the Rings, so I like him, too.

Stormboy is great, except he should be able to fly, like Storm.

And I think that EDE is right about Telepathy Man, he's really Telekinesis Guy, which is a great power, really.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yep, ALL of 'em... especially Superboy and his tiara...

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Was that the reason that the scientist/kidnapper forced them to join him?
That part of the story was left out of Nightcrawler's pages.

I don't think that's a very good representation, is it?
[Confused]
Pretty much as always.
sigh

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
Was that the reason that the scientist/kidnapper forced them to join him?

Yep! Othar is obsessed with forcing all gay super-heroes from throughout the galaxy to his planet, so they will have the super-gayest super-team ever!
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Yeah, right!

Well, if I can be tongue-in-cheek, so can you.
Just don't make it a habit.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:
And I think that EDE is right about Telepathy Man, he's really Telekinesis Guy, which is a great power, really.

Ah, but what if his power is to create solid projections from his imagination? Instead of telepathy or telekinesis, he's got a form of matter creation that's less common than either.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

The matter used to create has to come from somewhere, either stored, converted, teleported, or rearranged (those are the only options that I can come up with at the moment, I'm sure there's more.}

They're more than projections, solid or not, if they stay around and function when he's not thinking about them or if he's not present.

Ya know what I mean?

God may be able to create something from nothing and form things from His thoughts, but anyone lesser is in the conversion business.
Paraphrasing - energy and matter are neither created or destroyed, they merely change states.

There might be special conditions recognized now, but they wouldn't be at the command of a guy who can be captured by Othar.
imo

--------------------

Come, join me!

Eryk Davis Ester

[Bump] for all the new Super-Companion fans gained from reading Legion Showcase #4!

[Tree-Man]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

DC totally missed out by not using our rebooted Super-Companions ideas in the DCnU!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.