Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Legion news at SDCC... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Legion news at SDCC...
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I think DC should have a main title and think the Legion Infinity should be a multiverse title.

Legion of Super-Heroes

Legion Acadmey

Science Police

Legion Infinity

This is the Legion titles I want. [Smile] They should be a FRANCHISE!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
1. I don't think it would work as the Legion's main title, because you wouldn't be able to tell real long-term stories the way they do these days.

I'd count that as an advantage. [Smile]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
"Kari Wahlgren is returning as Saturn Girl, and she is also voicing Duo Damsel instead of Triplicate Girl. Somthing happens to the character early in Season 2."

Can you say "Computo," boys and girls?

Interesting that there's no mention of Chuck. I guess we're not going to see more of his term as leader. [Frown]

Gee I wonder what happens to Triplicate Girl that she becomes Duo Damsel?

I wonder if the guy voicing Bouncing Boy left. He really turned me off at last years con when the cartoon and the voice actors were being introduced "I bounce" Said kind of sarcasticly.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree EDE. I think most stories should be 1 or 2 issues. Maybe once a year have a big bad 3 issue story. This should be an event and not used more than once a year. Ofcourse subplots running amok in the background. [Smile]

Usually we care more about what Vi said to Dirk versus what villain is attacking.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
FromNewsarama:

quote:
The next question dealt with the names of the Legion ofSuper-Heroes characters - the more traditional "Lightning Lad" versus the more "modern" Livewire - and if it was "a necessary evil" to getback to the more traditional names. DiDio said he likes to go back towhat people remember most, using the example of Supergirl - people remember her as Superman's cousin, not as any of the other iterations ofthe character. "What do people remember most, what do people react tothe most" is what's important, and building a contemporary world around them.

The panelists chipped in on their opinions on the issues, with Simone saying "it's all good to me" and saying she likes both, McKeever saying that it's best to focus on "the substance over the flash," and Berganza joking that he prefers "whatever the boss tells me."

DiDio pointed to an audience member dressed up as Krypto (and by extension, the character's lingering popularity) as an example that people still care about older ideas in the DC Universe.

Could that have been our own Kryptatu?

This one is fromThe Pulse:

quote:
Yes - we are going to see even more versions of the 52 Earth's versions of the future Legion of Super-Heroes. Conner Kent may also play a part in one of these scenarios.
==========
Posted from my BlackBerry

[ July 27, 2007, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I personally think Conner Kent is still in the mix. I still think it was him who appeared in the LS in shadows.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The problem has become so prevalent that I really just want a great solution with good stories.

But a mix of continuities will never work unless there is one main Legion title with a single continuity, and all other titles grow from that. How we get there is the question. I really think this is a pretty practical line of thinking, even if I might wish differently.

*If* the Lightning Saga Legion became the main Legion title, I would not object and even defend the notion of 'moving on with it' though, I won't lie about that.

I've also come to realize that even the 'talking about fixing the Legion problem' is discouraging about comics in general to me these days. That's how far its come. I'm just so tired about stories that are about continuity problems rather than stories are just good stories.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I personally miss the time-honored fanboy debates where I'd rally for Monstress' death, people would call me mean-spirited and then Dan and Andy actually did it and I cheered [Razz]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I personally miss the time-honored fanboy debates where I'd rally for Monstress' death, people would call me mean-spirited and then Dan and Andy actually did it and I cheered [Razz]

I tried that with KQII and instead they made her Rokk's girlfriend. [Disgusting]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
What if they had made KQII Monstress' girlfriend? Would that have satisfied you and Cobie?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
hey i loved monstress and kidq2 YOU BOTH ARE HEARTLESS iNTERPLANETARY BANK BEASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
What if they had made KQII Monstress' girlfriend? Would that have satisfied you and Cobie?

Not me, although I didn't hate Monstress as much as most. But if she had been made the girlfriend of just one of Lu's bodies... [Drool] [Wink]
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

you're mean.

[Razz]

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I hated Monstress until the Legion of the Damned.
I liked KQII- not as much as KQI- but the whole romance with Rokk seemed forced and really kinda creepy. When she was elected leader she went thru a total personality change and I was not impressed. She was better when she was slightly anti-establishment and would often have a critical eye on the Legion.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I've also come to realize that even the 'talking about fixing the Legion problem' is discouraging about comics in general to me these days. That's how far its come. I'm just so tired about stories that are about continuity problems rather than stories are just good stories.

That's where I'm at now. I like Shikari & Gates, but they've been rebooted out. Time to accept it and move on. I like the new Legion too. At this point, any talk of the old LSH should be fond memories, not requests. It only hurts the current book.

Let this series live on its own merits.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.