Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43   
Author Topic: MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, how's this--

Lester comes in at 4am from a night of drunken rich-gay-boy philandering.

He's drunk, hepped up on lotus fruit and hungry.

He wobbles into the Spiffany Kitchen and attempts to cook himself something. He turns many knobs and presses many buttons but gets frustrated because he doesn't know how to operate anything.

Then he remembers there's people on Daddy's payroll who did this sort of thing for him.

He storms into the servants quarters and demands they get downstairs to fix him something to eat.

The cook, the maid and the butler all enter the kitchen-- just as it explodes, killing all 3 of them.

Turns out Lester accidentally set the space-microwave on 'self-destruct' during his drugged-up ambling around the kitchen.

As punishment for killing 3 people and levelling the kitchen, Lester is sent to Bismoll by Poppa Spiffany.

Lester's response to his punishent: "It's STUPID! *YOU'RE* stupid!!" But off to Bismoll he goes anyway!

A wee bit of dark humour, but I kinda like it...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

EDE, if you approve of this scenario, Lester's flashback could probably take up 2-3 pages... bringing us ever-closer to the 22-pages we need to finish issue 1...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

[LesterSpiffany]

[CalorieQueen]

[MatterEaterLad]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That's groovy, Lash! As long as we name the maid Shirley!

Hmm... that could be an ongoing gag. A maid (always named Shirley) gets killed every couple of issues...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I'm really looking forward to this issue!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... but I think we should leave the flashback scene for a later issue. Let's establish the character and his relationship with Tenzil and Taryn in the first issue, and then maybe around #2 or #3 someone could be wondering exactly how a rich spoiled brat ended up working as a governmental courier on Bismoll.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Okay, how's this for Page Six? Let me know if we should go in a completely different direction, Lash. I defer to you as the expert on gay lustf and stuff...

PAGE 6

Panel One
Lester stands there, lust in his eyes.

Panel Two
TENZIL: Uh... can I help you?

Panel Three
Lester looks at his package, trying to regain his composure.
LESTER: Uh... I'm... uh... looking for a Mr. Tenzil Kem... I've got a package from the Ministry of Elections...

Panel Four
TENZIL: Wowsa! I'm Tenzil Kem. Thanks!

Panel Five
Tenzil takes the package and hands Lester a tip.

Panel Six
Tenzil closes the door, leaving Lester standing there on the doorstep, so smitten he's unable to move.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
That's groovy, Lash! As long as we name the maid Shirley!

Hmm... that could be an ongoing gag. A maid (always named Shirley) gets killed every couple of issues...

*tee hee!* Me likey!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Page 6 sounds good... let's keep it rolling... (feel free to clean/spruce this up):

PAGE 7

Panel 1

Tenzil enters the den, package in hand

Dad: What's that, boy?

Panel 2

Tenz: Dunno, but it tastes important! *eats corner of package to open*

Panel 3

Tenz: It's... it's...

Dad: It's WHAT??

Panel 4

Tenz: It's my draft noice.

Dad: It's WHAT!!

Panel 5

Tenz: Goodbye to this Jackass Festival! I'm a senator now!!

[ January 09, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

We'll keep it going and polish it up later!

PAGE EIGHT

Panel One

Tenzil walks out of the house. Lester is still standing on the doorstep.

Panel Two

Tenzil kisses Lester on the cheek out of excitement.

Tenz: Thanks, man!

Panel Three

As Lester faints, Tenz stops and looks over the fence at the Loy's house next door. Taryn is standing in the yard. Strange noises are coming out of the basement.

Tenz: Hey Beautiful! I'm a senator now!

Panel Four

Taryn looks unimpressed.

Taryn: What do you mean you're a Senator?

Tenz: I've got my draft notice and everything!

Panel Five

Taryn: Uh, Tenz, just because they drafted you doesn't mean you're a Senator. Don't you ever watch the news? Drafting Senators was the old system. These days they draft candidates for the Senate. You still have to run for the office.

Tenz: Willikers! Well, how do I run a campaign?

Taryn: Didn't you get a book with the draft notice or something?

Panel Six

Tenz: Hmmm... must have left it in the house...

[ January 09, 2004, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Page 9

Panel 1

Tenz & Taryn approach the house and see Lester still sitting on his front step, all trance-like.

Lester: *dreamy sigh!*

Tenz: You! I bet you know about this political stuff, right?

Panel 2

Lester: Oh, I'm informed about LOTS of things. I'm rich, you know. Attended the finest space-schools Daddy could find and had top of the line Teacher-trons!

Panel 3

Tenz: Hmmmmm... with your money-- (looks to Lester) --and your brains (looks to Taryn) -- and MY good looks, we just might pull this off!

Panel 4

Lester: pull it off... HUH?

Taryn: What are you babbling about, Tenzil?

Panel 5

Tenzil: Getting me elected, of course!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I think we have a hit on our hands!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Thanks, IB! I'm inclined to agree! [Big Grin]

Hey, EDE-- I'm grooving to this 'we write every-other-page' stuff-- are you?

If so-- you're UP!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 10

Panel One

As the three stand on the doorstep of Tenz's house, Renkil pops his head out of the door.

RENKIL: There you are! I just won 30 creds at the kangabronc races, and Pop and I are goin' down to the pub to celebrate. Can you stay here with Mom? She ain't feelin' well... her nerves and stuff...

Panel Two

TENZ: So, Renkil, you finally win some money, and now you and Dad are going to blow it all on Silverale?

RENKIL: Uh... yeah, that's the plan!

TENZ: Sheesh!

Panel Three

CAPTION: AFTER TENZIL'S FATHER AND BROTHER LEAVE...

Tenzil pops in to check on his mom...

TENZIL: You alright, mom?

TENZ'S MOM: Do you know anything about Grandin Gender Reversal Disease? I think I might have a touch of it...

Panel Four
TENZIL: Uh... I dunno. Look, I'm going over to Taryn's for a little while. You be okay while I'm gone?

TENZ'S MOM: I guess. I'll just vid-phone you if I need to go to the medi-center...

Panel Five
At Taryn's house, the three sit around the kitchen table...

TENZIL: So, guys, we all ready to plan my big campaign?

Eryk Davis Ester

NOTE TO LASH: I've decided to make Tenz's mother a crazy hypochondriac. We can go back and rewrite eariler scenes to make them consistant with this.
  This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  41  42  43   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.