Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  41  42  43   
Author Topic: MATTER-EATER LAD: The Series!!!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
PAGE 22

Splash page of the same shadowy room seen on Page 13!

The two remaining shadowy men are watching Tenzil and Taryn take off after the assassin in the "Tenzil-mobile"...

Man #3: It appears as though our assassin has failed!

Man #1: Sprock! We'll have to inform Prince Evillo!

BLURB:
Next Issue: Tenzil and Taryn get to the mystery behind the assasination attempt! The Secret Origin of Lester Spiffany! And Renkil goes to the racetrack!

[ January 17, 2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WAHOOOO!!! We finished issue 1!!!!!

We kick ass!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Jeepers! I just re-read the whole issue, and it's pretty good!

We kick ass, indeed!!!!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

So, EDE, ya wanna get started on issue 2 or polish up issue 1 first?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester

I say we go ahead and get a couple more issues under the belt, then go back and spiff(any) them up!

Hmm... I wonder if we could get Dean or someone to illustrate a couple of pages for us?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'd love to see it. There's a ton of artists here, maybe one of them will spot this and be so overwhelemed by our uncanny skills that they will volunteer to do so! [Wink] [Wink] [Wink]

Anyhoo, the one who closes an issue opens the next one, so I'll see you on Issue 2 Page 2! [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dear writers of Matter-Eater Lad,

Just got the preview for issue 1's script. Absolutely love it, and can't wait to see more. You guys are pure genius, so please keep them coming! And more Taryn!

Sincerely,
Cobalt, your biggest fan!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES
ISSUE #2

PAGE ONE

Panel One

Caption: The Planet Tartarus

Establishing shot of Evillo's castle amid the hellish landscapes.

Panel Two

Shot of a room in the castle. A crowd of pathetic looking super-thugs are gathered there.

Two zombie servants overlook the gathered mob of villains from a balcony up above.

Panel Three

Close in on the Zombies.

Zombie #1: So, do you think any of these ruffians will make the grade?

Zombie #2: Hard to tell. The Prince is really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

Panel Four

Zombie #1: Well, it's really his own fault, you know. If he wouldn't banish members of his "Elite Royal Guard" to the Realms of Darkness faster than he can fill the vacancies in it, he'd probably be able to recruit a better class of thugs.

Zombie #2: Has he ever actually had a full dozen?

Panel Five

Zombie #1: Not since I've been reanimated.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 2

full-page splash shows Evillo entering the room...

Evillo: WELCOME, peons... to the Devil's Dozen tryouts!

random super-villain: (whispering) I hate when he calls us "peons"! What is a peon, anyway...?

caption: All-Special All-Exciting second issue of Matter-Eater Lad with an Interactive PICK-IT-YOURSELF title! You may select: (A) Who Wants to be a Super-Villain? (B) The Secret Origin of Lester Spiffany AKA Shirley You Jest! (C) Tenzil & Taryn Get Nekkid! (but not with each other!) (D) This is the Biggest Pile of (fill in the blank yourself!) I've ever read!!

[ January 18, 2004, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 3

Panel One

Tenz's Dad, Renkil, and Lester are in a bar. Cameras follow them around. A not-so-attractive but very busty waitress waits on them.

Waitress: Can I take your order?

Tenz's Dad: Well, you seem like quite the dish!

Panel Two

Waitress: Sorry, I'm not on the menu.

Tenz's Dad: Alright, then, for me and my boy Renkil here, how about a silverale and gasoline? And get the nancy boy whatever he wants, as well.

Lester: Just a straight silverale, please.

Panel Three

Dad: Hmm... and send some drinks over to those cute little fillies at that table, will you? And if you could slip in the fact that we're on TV...

Waitress: Sure thing...

Panel Four

Lester: Uh, Mr. Kem... do I need to remind you that you have a wife at home? And that you're being filmed?

Renkil: Can I have a cigarette?

Tenz's Dad: Sure, son. (Hands Renkil a cigarette). Oh, Myrta doesn't care. She's too busy watching the Home Health Care Channel to even bother watching our show!

Panel Five

As the waitress takes the order of the girls at the other table, they exchange flirtacious looks with Tenz's dad. Meanwhile, Renkil eats the cigarette.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 4

Panel 1

Lester has glazed expression, is obviously bored out of his mind.

Lester: (thought balloon) Popping Hotties! How the hell did I-- heir to Earth's most ridiculously lavish jewelry slash bling-bling empire-- end up in this bar on Bismoll with these less than attractive men? Sounds like a good time for a flashback...

Panel 2

Lester caption: I was arriving home late from doing my charity work. (scene shows him stumbling into the mansion all drunken-like)

Panel 3

Lester caption: I was starved but didn't want to disturb anyone, so I attempted to fix myself some dinner. (scene shows Lester's drugged-up rampage through the kitchen, turning dials and pressing buttons and stuff)

Panel 4

Lester caption: My loyal staff must have heard me and came to my aid. (scene shows Lester screaming his head off in the servant's quarters)

Panel 5

Lester caption: And then... *choke!* Poor poor Chef C'nnonf'dder! And my loyal butler Splatters! And dear, dear Shirley... (scene shows Lester passed out in hallway when kitchen explodes)

[ January 18, 2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 5

Panel 1

Lester caption: I spent days miserable because of what had happened to my loyal servants... (scene shows Lester out partying with his friends)

Panel 2

Lester caption: My dear father realized my misery, and suggested I take a vacation... (scene shows Pop Spiffany yelling at Lester)

Panel 3

Lester caption: After careful consideration, I chose Bismoll as the ideal place for a holiday... (scene shows Lester at the spaceport looking at ticket prices and counting the meager amount of cash he has; Bismoll is by far the cheapest)

Panel 4

Lester caption: There I spent my time relaxing and enjoying the sights... (scene shows Lester hard at work as a courier...)

Panel 5

Lester caption: Then, unexpectedly, I met my one true love... (scene shows Lester meeting Tenzil)

Panel 6

Lester caption: He needed money to run his political campaign, so I called my dad, who happily obliged... (scene shows Lester pleading with his father to send him money)

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 6

Panel 1

Lester: Of course, I spent that money on setting up Tenzil's reality show -- which has been a massive success-- and now I have my own money coming in, which is nice I suppose...

Panel 2

Pa Kem: Who're you talking to, Nancy?

Renkil: Let's hit the racetrack, Dad!
Pa: Gladly, boy.

(Pa & Renkil exit)

Panel 3

Lester: Okay, sucks to this! If Tenzil thinks he's gonna ditch me with the in-laws while he's out doing Mordru-knows-what on the credits I enabled him to make, he's got another think coming!!

Panel 4

Bar patron: Who're you talking to, Nancy?

(Lester notices the gang of toughs that now surround his table)

Bar patron # 2: We don't take kindly to yer kind around here, Sally-Jo!

Panel 5

Lester: Oh, YEAH? Well eat THIS!! (reaches into pocket, throws hundreds of credits into the air)

Panel 6

(Lester exits bar while the patrons scramble to grab up credits)

Lester: Poor people are SoooOOoo predictable!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

PAGE 7

Panel One
Tenz and Taryn are in the Penthouse.

Tenz: So... I've been doing some investigating, and it turns out that four of my five predecessors as Senator from District 85 were assassinated!

Taryn: What happened to the fifth?

Panel Two

Tenz: Oh, he just disappeared under mysterious circumstances. But you think they'd tell you this when they draft you to run for office!

Taryn: So... do the police have any leads on the guy from last night?

Panel Three

Tenz: No. Strangely, they didn't seem too concerned.

Taryn: Well, at least we'll be ready for him if he tries something again.

Panel Four

Tenz: Yeah. You know... there's something I've been meaning to tell you... thanks for saving my life and stuff...

Taryn: No problem.

Panel Five

Tenzil: I mean it... you've been such a great friend to me over the years. I know sometimes I act like I don't appreciate it...

Taryn: Don't get all sentimental on me, Kem.

Panel Six

Tenz's Mom (from bedroom): Tenzil! Are you there Tenzil?

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

PAGE 8

Panel 1

Tenzil: Yeah, Ma!

Panel 2

Ma: My feet hurt! I think I've got a touch of the Pain Plague! Will you come rub them for me?

Panel 3

(turns to Taryn, whispers)

Tenzil: Save. Me. Now.

Panel 4

Taryn: Sorry, Mrs. K! Tenzil's got... umm.... big senator-type stuff to do, and he's late!

Panel 5

Ma: Well, I'll just lie here and DIE ALONE then...

(sound effect of door slamming from outside bedroom as T & T exit)

Ma: **sigh!!**

--------------------

This topic comprises 43 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  41  42  43   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.