Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
This is from months ago, but I forgot to update the thread.
The Ballad of Hate Face
 -

-

-

-

-

Drake-- any chance at all you still have these to re-post? I would **love** to share on LW's Facebook page!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Ok - lemme see if I can find them and repost...

[ July 07, 2011, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Heya Lash! I rebuilt page 12 of this thread to put back the Hate-Face stuff. I've had to rebuild most of this thread after the move to photobucket some time back - hopefully I'll get to the rest of it sometime...
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THANKS DRAKE!! Your "Ballad..." is one of my favorite-ever works of art, can't wait to share with so many others [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:

-

I love how you have a different mood for each panel.Poor Hate-Face [Frown]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Hello Drake. I fell in love with the Fatal Five drawing you did a few years ago and colored it recently (hope you don't mind).

Click for fullsize image

I echo all the sentiments here that you're extremely talented. You should become independently wealthy, quit your job and devote all your time to drawing Legion images.

[ July 22, 2011, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Kid Quislet ]

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

I certainly don't mind at all. Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to be showing anything. It's not just me is it?
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I don't see it too either!! *cries* I wanna see!!

--------------------

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Crumb-bumbles... I DID have the image thumbnailed, but the link didn't last. I have always had trouble on LW placing images...operator error [Confused]

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Let's try this...

Click for fullsize image

... from the drawing on Page 6 of this thread.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
With the color, Sarya dominates that picture. Everyone else looks like her backup singers or something.

Not that this is a complaint... [Smile]

She is the one whose last name is Empress, or, if we're being informal, 'your majesty.'

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Nifty! Looks great! I especially like how you handled Empress's eyes.
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Thanks. I had a lot of fun with it, and of course it's easy to build a rickety shack when you have a great foundation!

Empress was the most fun. I tried to give her a misty aura to match the planetoid surroundings (only for her in green of course). I also wanted The Eye to dominate her own eyes, and including the paleness of her complexion to suggest maybe the Eye is dominant over her rather than vice-versa. Mano I wanted to color a little ghoulish, looking a little dirty/decrepit like some agent of death. Tharok I tried to make more true to the old 4-color printing look of the old pulp comics, with a Terminator robot half. This Persuader version is my favorite as far as costume and colors go - a look of a modern Samurai introduced by Mr. Giffen. Validus is Validus, angry because of his yellow teeth.

--------------------

DrakeB3004

Because I had some spare time at work:
 -

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Colour me jealous (both of Jo and your skill!)
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.