Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the clean pencils and poses and anatomy on your pics, man. Already so much better than several artists already in the biz.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I wanna know who the people are in this post!

The top two in particular look interesting. There's some sort of story behind the asian-esque designs on the dudes epaulet, and the flying girls enshrouding shazam-cloak / poncho / thing and pony-tail are an awesome visual.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Set, those are Emerald Dragon, Laurel Gand and Jewel, aka Jo Nah, Laurel Gand and Mysa Nal. These were their visuals during the infamous Legion on the Run storyline in very late V5.

There were lots and lots and lots and lots of problems with that story, but I still thought there was some fun going on. I call it a space romp.

Naturally, DrakeB's art makes them look even cooler than they were in the books.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great new set of pics Drake! Wildfire looks really dynamic! So does Dr. Mid-Nite. I think the Doc/Wildfire/GL pick is my favorite.

I wish you were the new Legion artist! Or hell, the new JLA one!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Drake, do you have an actual comic book penciler portfolio? Have you tried to pursue that?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Drake, do you have an actual comic book penciler portfolio? Have you tried to pursue that?

I pursued it for a little while after I got out of school, but only managed a gig in a couple of issues of some small press publisher (it was an anthology book, so I wasn't even the main artist. One of the other artists on the book was Adam Dekraker though). I eventually gave up when I found I could actually make money in advertising.

I used to have a comic book portfolio, but it's all really old stuff.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks. I couldn't remember. I always look forward to your art being posted here.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

DrakeB3004

From the "Legion of America" Gallery series:
Click for fullsize image

[ December 23, 2007, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.