Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Here were my choices for the "who should get their own title" thread:
CAPTAIN ULTRA
 -

ABE SAPIEN
 -

SUNFIRE
 -

BETA RAY BILL
 -

I'll be sure to get back to Legion stuff soon [Smile]

[ February 09, 2010, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
This is some great stuff!

(Oh. And BTW, you could have left the color codes. I'll be adding it back <hopefully> tonight.)

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are damn good Drake. I'm half tempted to try and find away to print them out and hang them on my wall of Legion art (with your permission of course). That's probably the highest compliment I can think to give you. Damn fine work.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Love the Sunfire and Beta Ray Bill. Even if they are that other company's characters. [Big Grin]

And Minus Lad was great. You should submit him to the new Legion creative team. Whoever it is.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by minesurfer:
I'm half tempted to try and find away to print them out and hang them on my wall of Legion art.

I would be honored to be on that wall of Legion art -- I'm not sure how you'd be able to do it though since the original files are only a few inches tall (I created them for the web, not to be printed -- I don't even have any larger versions myself). Maybe there's a program that can let you do it (or maybe I'm thinking it's more complicated than it is?).

And thanks again to you guys for the nice words [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful, Drake! Your drawings are so alive, you really communicate the action and energy of the figures.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake:

I had a little success with enlarging your team sketch on pg 5 of this thread. I saved it in jpg format then inserted it into MS Word. In word, I grabbed the corner of the image and moved it until it was fitting nicely on 8.5"x11" paper.

Digitally, the piece looked great. No distortion at all. I printed it out and there was a litlle blurring around the outside lines of the Legionnaires. Don't get me wrong, it still looked good and the details were there... all in all it reproduced good enough for my wall. It could be that a top of the line printer is all that would be needed to print out the modified Word file.

I'm going to try it with some of your other works. I'll let you know how it turns out... My wife says the process works sometimes, but not others.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

The same process worked quite well for your Ferro and Post-Boot Drake. They shall be on my wall soon at an 8.5" x 11" format.

Thanks Drake.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I found that if you save them as a PostScript Image then reopen them at twice the normal DPI (which should be 72 meaning you open it as a 144) it makes for a real good image. But you have to have a paint program like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop to do it with. I'm not sure if any of the free programs out there support PostScript images.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bedlam Lad
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bedlam Lad   Email Bedlam Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How could I have missed this thread? Bad me, bad!

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
 -

Yay! My favourate Legionnaire! [KarateKid] Great work Drakie!

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
 -

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Man, this reminds me of those Hemback cartoons that were in the old Justice League of America letters pages. Those were great, but this is better!

[ February 16, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Bedlam Lad ]

--------------------
"And afros for EVERYONE!"

-Gail Simone

From: Bradford, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

In honor of Kara's upcoming return (yes, this is my own tweaked version of her outfit -- I couldn't bring myself to draw her in the new midriff-bearing version).
 -

Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
**Purr**

Like Kara! Like Hembeck Too!

**Purr**

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Kara's beautiful! Nice! [Supergirl]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

My entries in the "Legion Gallery: Mano Wing":
 -

-

[ February 09, 2010, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Wowsa! I love the swirling polluted atmosphere in Mano's head-globe!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.