Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff Drake! I can't believe all the stuff I missed. And I've got to have a larger version of that Fatal Five, such a perfect pose for the villainous posse.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[lol] Oh, that's just too right. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
So clever! Perfect, Drake! Thanks!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
snicker [lol]
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TriSaber
Pre-Zero Hour Fanatic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TriSaber   Email TriSaber         Edit/Delete Post     
These illustrations are really great, Drake. You've certainly got a knack for detail. And personally, I don't think there's a thing wrong with your Saturn Girl sketch.

--------------------
Saving the world ... one pixel at a time.

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snowsparkle
glacial

Icon 10 posted      Profile for snowsparkle   Email snowsparkle         Edit/Delete Post     
Let me just heap my praises over here with the rest. [Wink]

I must say, I especially like the way you draw Thom. Not that I object to the slinkier artstyles found in the pages of the Legion, currently, but somewhere along the way people seem to have forgotten what a slab of beefcake he is!

[ November 28, 2003, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: snowsparkle ]

--------------------
Action Transvestite! Running, jumping, climbing trees... and putting on make-up while you're up there!
-Eddie Izzard

From: the incandescent world of ice | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Nura by Drake!
Nura by Drake!

Everybody, help me chant!

Nura by Drake!
Nura by Drake....
[Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, Drake, don't stop now. A Nura sketch would be great (or anyone else).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes Nura! There have been some GREAT drawings on this board, each with their own Je n'ai sais quoi. Drake always finds that inner thing.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I posted these some time ago on another thread, but I thought I'd stick them here with the rest of my stuff...
 -

-

[ February 09, 2010, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting these again Drake. I'd still like to see you do a full story. And I think you would have definitely been a contender in the CBR Comic Book Idol contest. I hope they hold another and you and Dean get a chance to enter.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Thanks Scott, but right now I spend enough time drawing to pay the bills that I can really only muster enough energy outside of work to draw the occassional stuff I post here.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Well, just so you know we do appreciate what you do get time for to share with us. And if you ever want to think about doing commissions like Dean is considering, I'll be first in line for a Garth print.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thought I'd add my admiration too. All of your art is just wonderful!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Here was my submission in the "create your own Legionnaire" thread:
Minus Lad
 -

Senn Pokka was handed over to his homeworld's military when he was five years old in return for governmental benefits for his family (as is traditional on his planet). Also traditional were the genetic treatments military personel undergo troughout their adolescence. In Pokka's case it didn't seem to take -- while he's still stronger and faster than normal human standards, he was a runt by military standards.

And then his powers developed. Pokka emits a field from his eyes that drains energy from anything around him. If someone were to enter this field for long enough, they'd die. The special goggles help direct and focus this field -- he can fire it like a ray which seems like a harmless red light beam, until the target begins to weaken. It takes several seconds for the beam to incapacitate a normal person, longer for someone who has powers. He can widen the field to drain energy attacks. The energy makes him stronger, tougher and faster for short periods.

The "G-1" insignia is his military ranking - the highest class for a field soldier which he is proud of because he had been taunted for being smaller and weaker for so long.

[ February 09, 2010, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.