Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
Here's an "Ayla in overalls" sketch.
 -

Hey drake, love that pic of Ayla. it kinda has that Dexie's Midnight Runners. 'cum on illene....fell to it

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
Hey drake, love that pic of Ayla. it kinda has that Dexie's Midnight Runners. 'cum on illene....fell to it

[LOL] that never occured to me! I won't be able to see that pic without hearing the song in my head now though!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

These were my submissions to the Timberwolf wing of the Legion Gallery:
 -

-

[ February 09, 2010, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Here was my submission for the "Wing" wing of the Legion gallery:
 -

[ February 09, 2010, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

DrakeB3004

In honor of Lightle's redesign:
 -

[ July 05, 2004, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I think that is a very good picture of Dawnstar. I like the Wildfire picture, too, but you can put me down as someone who likes the rich black shown in the book. Also, look again at how Steve drew the wings surrounding the star on Wildfire's chest. They have bit more flair, like the way Cockrum originally designed them. Still, a good drawing!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Thanks Dean. The wings had more flare but some details got lost during the scanning/ coloring phase. I still can't wrap my brain around the rich black though -- the inversion from having the red be the dark parts of the costume to becoming the lighter parts seems unbalanced to me.
Click for fullsize image
The greater contrast of red/black from red/orange also serve to highlight his mid-section which is unfortunate since it seems to isolate it like a floating diamond shape, making it look like he's wearing some funky trunks. Making it more grey was my way of trying to counter this.

[ July 11, 2004, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

DrakeB3004

Click for fullsize image
DrakeB3004

-
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I love the new costumes, even if you did use 'Jarth'. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that Kirby Legion. God only knows what that would have been like if it ever really had happened.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I love that pic of Dawnstar. She looks absolutely stunning there.

And the new costumes for the founders are cool! I like Imra's especially.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Actually, it is Garth, just changed a bit -- for some reason I wanted to give him pointy ears, pale bluish skin and black eyes with white pupils/irises (at least his hair's still orange).

And thanks to you Cobie and Matlock for the nice words [Smile]

235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey man --

your stuff has a great energy to it -- beautiful characterization too -- you've captured some of the essences of the LSH without making them too young

by the way, i love your sunfire image -- that's how he should be drawn (if he ever appears as a regular anywhere)

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Actually, it is Garth, just changed a bit -- for some reason I wanted to give him pointy ears, pale bluish skin and black eyes with white pupils/irises (at least his hair's still orange).

And thanks to you Cobie and Matlock for the nice words [Smile]

So the boots and gloves are steel instead of crystal? I'm cool with that.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.