Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
Su
Mendicant

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Su   Email Su         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh! More cool pictures. I like Brainy's old costume better but I think you made it look cooler than it has looked in the comics.
I can't wait to see your next picture!
luv,
-Su

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crystal-cherry

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crystal-cherry   Author's Homepage   Email crystal-cherry         Edit/Delete Post     
WOO! Your stuff is awesome. My fav right now is Tasmina (did I spell that right?) anyway your pics are great. Its wonderful to have such an inpiring artist here on Legion boards [Big Grin]

--------------------
Stay Frosty!

From: here | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
And the anguish in Dawny's face ... exquisite. I'm not sure of the setting or metaphor for those flames -- the gases swirling above Venus, perhaps?

That reminds me of the Train song "Drops of Jupiter":
... Now that she's back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey
She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo
Reminds me that there's room to grow, hey, hey

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
I'm afraid that she might think of me as plain ol' Jane
Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the Milky Way
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there .... etc.

But to answer your question, it was more like the flames of passion, at once illuminating and exciting yet destrcutive -- or I was riffing off "Gone with the Wind"...

[ October 15, 2003, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Here's a Fatal Five sketch (I don't think I'll have time to color it anytime soon) -- their outfits have no place in continuity, this is just how I like them to look.
 -

[ February 09, 2010, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have taken a very, very long time to get to see this thread. All I can say is “bad faraway bad boy” [Big Grin]

Drake your sketches are superb. The finished work is phenomenal.

As for the Fatal Five Sketch this is one of the best updates I have seen in a long time. I always liked the original look for Tharok and this looks like a really good update.

I’m off to have a look at the web site but if you have any Saturn Girl pics you could share for me, I’ll happily sit here drooling over my keyboard
[Love]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 2 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
re: Fatal Five sketch.

*GASP!*

you jus' soo good, drake!
lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
if you have any Saturn Girl pics you could share for me, I’ll happily sit here drooling over my keyboard

Thanks FL and rhino! [Smile] Here's a Saturn Girl sketch -- I haven't gotten around to finishing and coloring it and I might do a new one -- I'm not sure I like it, but since you asked...
 -

DrakeB3004

Here's Jo and Tinya out on the town...
 -

[ February 09, 2010, 07:31 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

saturnrings
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saturnrings   Email saturnrings         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your artwork and will love to see the Saturn Girl pic completed!
From: durham, nc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Great, beautiful work, Drake! You really would make a most worthy Legion book artist - or better yet, a Wildfire mini-series: lots of Wildfire, fewer deadlines!

It's hard to pick a favourite among these, but I'd probably go for the M'onel picture. He truly looks noble and I love the way his costume shines! The Fatal Five sketch is wonderful, too - they all look so nasty, Validus roaring and the Empress seems so sexy and wicked, who could resist her?

The poster captures so much individuality of the legionnaires: Shikari's wings in motion; Brainy surrounded by his gadgets; Cos leading the team with Brin and Jo flying shotgun, Jo smiling like he's loving it; Tinya and Gates in mid-phase; Jenni leaping like she can't get there fast enough, Wildfire on fire and SMALL VIOLET! Great stuff, I'm sure it makes everyone smile.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

The poster captures so much individuality of the legionnaires:

Isn't it true! I honestly can say that I've never looked at so many portraits of comic characters and thought, "yes, that's the essence."

However I would add, that I think I do a very good Wildfire myself...when he is out of his suit. If I get time, I have this vision of one I call, "Wildfire after eating chili." It's a scratch and sniff.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Su
Mendicant

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Su   Email Su         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. the Jo and Tinya one is awesome!
I have a hard time seeing things that are just black and white. I'm spoiled by color and I love to see things in color.
I love how they look with the starry background and the extra lighting. How do you get that lighting effect?
luv,
-Su

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion and Fatal Five groups shots are AWESOME.

More please! [Wink]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Kara-tay Kid!
 -

(sorry! [Big Grin] )

DrakeB3004

-

[ February 09, 2010, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.