Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
“Kracch’k’ll CruOOOThhassh Marrugh marrUUGH AAAoooarrgk”

Rocket Joe has been stood behind the Khund on the Command deck of the Dragon Hunter Ship for ten seconds listening to him singing Khundian 32nd century opera. It was never a style of singing that impressed Joe, too much rattling of phlegm for his tastes, and it sounds remarkably like two Denesian suradogs mating in mud.

“You should try gargling first with OralEez, I find it stops me from spraying so much.”

The Khund stops singing though doesn’t turn around. Joe sees the insignia printed into the Khund’s battle armour, it is the captain.

“Well Cap’n, we both know you better get out of here fast, your Navcom will tell you that the hunting Drones are away to attack so let’s make this easy for everyone concerned and get this bucket o’ rust out of here, shall we?” Joe’s tone alludes to only one answer.

Still the Captain doesn’t turn around.

Joe steps forward and comes level to the Khund, both look straight ahead as if not aware of the other. The Captain starts to sing again. Louder this time. Joe glances at the proud Being at his side and sees tears running freely from the corner of his eyes.

"ArrrOOOOOgh Ja CHAA CHAAARG karrat'k'll!

“Hey, don’t worry buddy, nobody can make that shit sound good." Joe’s attempt at humour fail as the captain continues his caterwauling, tears still falling.

Joe looks around the small command deck. Directly in front of the Captain’s face is a small infoskin with a series of blue dots within red triangles. They are slowly winking out, leaving an increasingly empty screen.

It looks like a … “It’s a countdown!” Joe spins around and grabs the front of the Khund’s armour and stares into his tear filled eyes.

“You crazy sprocking jeygabo! What have you done?” Joe forces his thoughts along the telepathways, into the Khund’s mind. Although not as proficient as many Legionnaires in the art of using the artificial TP implants Joe is shrewd enough to take an overview of his captives thought process.

“How long have you given us? How long?”

Watching the triangles vanish from the screen in multiples of the seven second time keeping system used within the Khund Empire Joe calculates they have a little over a standard minute.

“Legionnaires!” He pushes his thoughts along every telepathway channel open to him, “The ship is away to blow up, I repeat the ship is away to blow up, we have ONE MINUTE! Evacuate!I repeat, we must EVACUATE!”

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
IB, how are you?

Can't promise anything with Zoe, sorry sweetheart but keep reading, it may not all end tooooo badly [Big Grin] (I ain't telling [Razz] )

So when are you going to get writing again? I [Love] your peices in the tag team threads back in the day, it would be great if you could do more sometime.

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

“Gorilla, are you saying we may have to leave him here?”

Helen of Thermyscira is incredulous. She had tried to pick Lobo up but couldn’t manage to get a grip of him. She could connect with him but he would repeatedly spring back to the start of the time loop every two seconds.

“He’s outside of the sight of Holy Mu’s Eye of Present Times... Errr… outside the temporary flux Consortium? Is that what the Technocrats call it? Silly name if you ask me.. but he’s stuck in the eternal here and now Sister, for as long as there’s a power source to the spell he’ll relive those two seconds. If it is Earth Lore then I’d reckon it’ll be about 45 million years or so before the Earth dies, he’s here for the lo-o-o-ong haul I’m afraid.”

“Hey, Sister Prat-a-thon, we gonna leave this latrine hole anytime soon?” Abbi Ardeen sounds like a small child, her throat raw with spent emotion, “Unless you got some Lobo slapping to do? It’s excellent therapy y’know.”

Helen turns to face the slight girl who still has smudged tear tracks on her cheeks.

“I don’t believe I’m the one present in need of therapy child, and Lobo wouldn’t be my first choice to slap.” Sister Paragon’s cold rebuke makes Glorion flinch and Abbi smile like a cat.

“Anytime Sister Party Thong, if the blatchin’ Daxam army couldn’t stop me then no wannabe Wonder Woman would even make me… *choke*”

Helen had flew across the mess room floor at Abbi’s Wonder Woman comment and easily picked the lithe girl by the throat. Glorion has hidden his face behind his hands, groaning that he knew he should never have left Tharn.

“Child, your mind tricks won’t affect one made of the Holy Clay of Life and cast in the Forges of Vulcan, so don’t try to fool me! We of Thermyscira know how to deal with amoral murderers, just be grateful that I am not the vengeful type. Be eternally grateful!”

Helen drops Abbi unceremoniously in a heap at her feet and turns back to the cowering gorilla.

“Glorion Grundy, you are a deputized Legionnaire, time to act like one and help turn this ship around before the Dragon Herds get here. There are a dozen Khunds still on board that need neutralising.”

It suprises both of them when Abbi speaks, “I’ll deal with them Sister, I won’t even kill any of them if you don’t want.” Abbi is sat on the floor rubbing her neck and staring at the Amazon with undisguised anger. “There, they are all sleepy bye byes, you’ll get no more trouble out of them, the command deck is shielded though, gimme a second or two to get through that…”

Rocket Joe’s urgent message shouts along the telepathways before Abbi can continue.

“What?”

“shit!”

“You heard the man, let’s go!” Sister Paragon grabs Glorion in one hand and Abbi with the other and flies at the hull wall, easily smashing through it and carrying them into space, the debris of the mess hall blasting out into space after them with a great whoosh! The two Legionnaires Survival Threads create a security radius around them, keeping the unprotected Abbi Ardeen safe amid the cold hard vacuum of deep space.

[ September 29, 2004, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

The collapse of the Khund Dragon Hunting ship’s ancient Valenian Drive pushes the already crumbling walls between the realms to breaking point.

In the thirty seconds it takes for the chain reaction of destruction started by Chtukin Kaauchk, Most Revered and Fearsome Axe Wielding Arm and Mighty Fang of the Great Dragon Hunting Fleet of Imperial Khundia to reach critical point Jo Nah had rushed to the CCC Deck of the Legion Cruiser and activated the tractor grid, collecting Helen of Thermyscira, Glorion Grundy and Abbi Ardeen from space.

There was no sign of Rocket Joe. His fate was never discovered. No one even asked about Lobo.

When the V-Drive energy finally burst it’s holding coil the maelstrom of energy was pushed outwards by the fleeing X-ray form of the time spun Tamaran Princess as she finally escaped from her intra-dimensional prison. The epicentre of the destructive blast was a mix of Einsteinian reality and the forces of Life from the Valenian Realms. The natural laws governing the two dimensions were shattered as a new star was born.

A living star.

The full Consciousness of the Valenian reality had arrived in their Einsteinian rivals home dimension infused within a truly cosmic form of immeasurable might. Within a matter of minutes the new star had swollen at an obscene rate to over six AU’s in size, and still it grew. It shone with an angry energy.

And still it grew as the Life of the Valenian Realm emptied itself into the Einsteinian Dimension.

The Dragon Herds were decimated and worse, thirty six percent of them were dead and gone within a minute. The Legion Cruiser barely survived, blasted and buffeted by the erupting energies it rode the tidal wave of awesome energies with little grace like a water carrying scow. The Legion ‘Stroid and their attendant flotilla of support ships and meta Beings took less than six minutes to arrive on the scene to give aid and fight this battle, the Battle of the Realms. The Grand Invaders had finally breached the walls separating the two realms and posed an immediate threat to all life in the known universe.

They all knew that this was the Final Battle Kord Das had predicted all those months ago.

None of the Legionnaires present expected to survive.

[ September 30, 2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Okay you lot, this is it for this arc. But you probably guessed that [Big Grin]

I know there are loose ends that need covering (just a few!), but if you have anything you want me to cover in the next (and FINAL) one please let me know.

Hope you are still enjoying this, thanks for all the support.

Bxx

--------------------

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
immense

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Great characterization B, a clifffhanger to end cliffhangers (you are the Queen of Cliffhangers [LOL] ) and a few twists and turns to keep us interested... Loved what you did to Lobo!

To quote your son, more more more...

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.