Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Even with his incredible speed, kinetic bursts and strength Rocket Joe takes nearly a full minute and a half to properly disable the Khund Sensorgrid. The small filigreed panels of data sensing patches are spread over the upper hull of the vast ship. The Khunds make no attempt to stop his mission after their initial futile attack. Jo Nah had crippled their armoury bubbles within seconds using judicious bursts of his flash vision and ultra-strength. The vast dragon hunting ship was without firepower and effectively a sitting duck to any further attacks.

Jo Nah left Rocket Joe in space and proceeded to burst through the mighty ships outer layers diving straight towards their propulsion units. Rocket Joe had no doubts that the Dragon Hunters would have no choice but to flee very soon. There would be very little left of their ship soon save an outer hull (punctured) and a basic life support system at the rate of Jo Nah’s attack.

As his telepathways vibrated to Helen of Thermyscira’s offer of help as her Legion Hoppper shuttle approaches he is unaware of the Khund Midshipman in an archaic trans-suit lurking just behind a transmitter dish.

The ex co-leader of the Sol Defense League has the mutant ability to absorb energies to boost his own strength and speed. This ability saves him from the focussed energies that the Khund unleashes upon him from a modified transmitter dish, as he is blasted away from the hull by a concentrated stream of electro magnetic pulse energy.

The Khund thinks he has struck a major blow against the imperialistic Legion interlopers for all of four seconds before he sees that Rocket Joe is flying through the energy stream straight back at him. With a great big grin on his perfectly symmetrical face.

The Khund midshipman watches in horror as the weapon he had been working upon for the last few hours is demolished in seconds and the Legionnaire grabs him by the front of his trans-suit and pushes a query along the telepathways. “ Brave Khund, do you want to help me or do you want to be tossed to the incoming Great Herd?”

There is little Midshipman Sharfuucht can do but agree to help the Legionnaire. As much as he has be brought up to think his life is worthless unless he strictly follows the Khundian Empire's battle ethics, Sharfuucht wants to live for a bit longer, at least long enough to change out of his soiled pants. He is sure that it is probably not within the Khund's honourable battle ethics to die while feeling one's own shit running down one's leg.

[ September 25, 2004, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
As the Hunting Drones turn en masse and wing their way with a graceful speed towards the rear of the Great Herd the being known as Lady Reptilla is at the fore of the attacking group. The whispered call to hunt amongst the young males is a constant buzz along telepathic bands, cutting into their strange thoughts with a primal urge. The Great Mothers must be protected. It is their reason for existence.

The Being known as Lady Reptilla uses tremendous telepathic abilities to try to soothe the urges for Khund blood, guide the hunting lust with a gentle tenacity. There are things that must happen before the Final Battle will begin. The Being known in this era as Lady Reptilla knows that the Dragons have an important part in the coming Battle yet too much is at stake for a random Dragon to be allowed to harm the carefully weaved web of the Prophecy.

Stretching telepathic abilities that have been carefully hidden for a quarter of a century the Hunting Drones bloodlust is slowly calmed.

There must be no mistakes in the vital hours to come.

…………………

Wee Eavey Hakkawolla is iridescent with the power of the Amber Man.

She has become far more than she could have ever imagined, a star amongst the Strange Light of the Valenian Realms, she radiates with intra-dimensional might. Her Song has kept the Life of this most alien of realms from taking direct action against the struggling Tamaran Princess, cocooning her within the life affirming Song of All Creation. Still the Princess, in her transformed energy state pushes at the weak point between the dimensions, her one conscious thought is of escape from this timeless schroon-loop of reality.

As Wee Eavey Sings she can feel the walls separating the two Realms is starting to crumble. It won’t be long until the Two collide.

She thinks to herself that the Final Battle will be soon. Very soon.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I really need to get caught up, but I have to say - "I really, really wish you were writing the Legion series I have to pay for every month, Belinda!"
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Gary, thanks for that vote of confidence, it means a lot!

Oh, to give up the day job to write for a living :dreamysigh: Lets give Mark Waid a chance though before we start to petition DC [LOL]

If you think about it not only do you get to read the Legion proper (and it's not that expensive for the many hours of fun we get is it?) but you get this interpretation for free, so it's not a bad situation really, is it? [Big Grin]

Bxx

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay. I'll give Waid one year before I start the support thread. [Big Grin]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Rocket Joe sends the information he has been given by the Khund Midshipman along telepathways to the other Legionnaires around the Dragon Hunting ship :

The Khunds weren’t going to get this close to the Great Herd but Lobo (emotion flavour of personal disgust) had taken control of the ship, he was on some mission to capture that runaway TP supposedly (? Query?) the Khunds are expecting aid from their Dragon Hunting fleet soon as their captain has requested urgent help (frustration!) Any ideas what we should do now? If the Dragon Hunters turn up in force we’re gonna have a massacre.”

Helen of Thermyscira responds first :

We must remove this ship as a priority, it’s doubtful the Khunds will be brave enough to send their Dragon Fleet out here, Legion ‘Stroid is too close by.

Ultra Warrior :

(doubt) I’m not sure about that H, but sure as an eggs an egg we got to get this vessel away from the Herds, the Matriarchs will not tolerate the Khunds near their young. Zoe, any thoughts to share?

Glorion Grundy :

(forceful interjection) Oh Praise Great Mu’s Toes! Guys, we need help here! Lobo is… it’s weird and I think Zoe is in trouble too (emotional subtext of desperation) + (image of surrounds) Help pleeease!

[ September 27, 2004, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh Darn it B! I just get so caught up in this story... Now where was Lobo and who was he gonna kill this time (oh yeah, Glorion and Abbi)

Well, I guess it's time to switch to the Printer Friendly view and read the whole thing again! [Big Grin]

Thanks Kid! [LOL]

P.S. I'd throw in some suggestions but I gave my best ones to Numfy, (you don't need any help anyway... [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Nightchangeling:
Okay. I'll give Waid one year before I start the support thread. [Big Grin]

Actually I've been writing this for over a year now so maybe we should start on that.. nah, let's give MW a chance. I'm really looking forward to the Waid/Kitson new look Legion.

Thanks again Gary

[Love]

Bxx

PS - Chuck, hope it all makes sense to you, let me know ok? And I don't believe for a second that you gave Numfy your best ideas (though MacGuyer was inspired [LOL] )- I've read your work remember, you're a jeenius!

[ September 26, 2004, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Zoe Saugin is a living embodiment of the Earth Lore.

It is a powerful neutral force of the Spirit that has walked alongside and guided Mankind for a thousand centuries. It has manifested itself in many ways. Genius, prophecy, magic, creativity, madness, hope, music, compassion, inspiration and high art are all facets of this ethereal force that originated within the nascent ball of gas and space rocks that grew to be the Planet in the Sol System later called Earth by it’s inhabitants. It is said by some to be the spirit of the very planet Earth itself.

Zoe also has the natural ability to sense and manipulate magical forces around her. After three and a half centuries of life, encompassing many different forms and states of being she was on an archaeological site in original Egypt when she was attacked by the Black Mage of the rogue Shazam Gang. In the struggle she called upon the magical forces she sensed of the very soil around her. The Black Mage was vanquished and she spent 16 days in a coma as her body tried to accommodate the powers it had just gained. The Earth Lore had heard her call and found her worthy.

It took her many months to fully come to terms with the changes she had undergone. She, and Jo Nah, had travelled to Tharn, the Sorcerors Planet, to train in the use of her new found skills. She learned on the journey there that to return to the birth planet of Mankind would be to become the full receptacle of this ancient and incredibly powerful force. The High Sorcerors and the Many Headed Choir of Tharn warned her that there was little chance she could leave Earth again were she to return. The bonding process had begun, her soul and the life force of the planet were now linked.

Zoe studied the magic arts for a couple of years, long enough that she learned how to quieten the voices of her races home planet within and continued with life alongside her lover and best friend Jo Nah as best they could. She never admitted to anyone, even now a hundred and fifty nine years later, how much she longed to return to Earth. How painful it was to be apart from the great Consciousness she could hear whispering it’s love in the quiet parts of her psyche.

Right now, as her hair ignites, her eyeballs dry out and start to steam and her skins starts to open in great lines of blisters from the clashing mystical energies she has invoked Zoe Saugin calls upon this quiet power to save her own life.

She can feel it growing in her belly like a storm cloud reaching up, filled with electricity and thunder. The air seems ice cold and at the same time to press upon her skin like the arctic seas. Her senses fill with sensations from a hundred light years all around and her seven chakra points erupt like vulcanoes.

The Syrieean Blue Stone of Expansion crumbles in her hand until it looks like fine azure powder, the silver ring with jade stones melts, flows and shifts until it is a small speck of steaming goo on the floor below her.

Still the spell she had cast is continuing, fueled by an eruption of the primal force of Mankind’s original home world.

The spell continues even after Zoe Saugin collapses unconscious on the cold floor under her. Her fallen form is wrappen in a magical glow that hides the horrific burns she has just endured.

[ September 27, 2004, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Jo Nah is out in space and flying as fast as his Ultra Speed will allow towards the Legion Cruiser. His thoughts have been cut from the open telepathway link, though along the more intimate ranges his only thought is “Zoe! Grife, no.. please Zoe, speak to me!”

It takes the Ultra Warrior a little under thirty seconds to reach the Cruiser and enter the docking bay airlock. It takes a further five seconds to reach his fallen lover. Jo Nah has a slightly better than layman'’ understanding of magic. Having spent the last few centuries with Zoe he has overcome his natural reluctance towards it. His original negative outlook towards what he had always been brought up to believe as unnatural returns as he enters their quarters he sees a fallen figure… Zoe?

There is a smell of primal energies in the room that makes Nah start to retch, a thick vulgar cloying air. A dancing iridescent blanket of light drapes around Zoe’s unconscious body. It shimmers as if made from tiny clouds of butterflies, dancing and shimmying to a strange rhythm.

“Zoe, please talk to me darlin’, Zoe, please…”

Jo nah reaches down to stroke the fallen woman’s hair, unsure for all his powers and incredible life’s experience what he can do for her.

[ September 27, 2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

As Jo Nah flies towards the Legion Cruiser to check on Zoe saugin Helen of Thermyscira reassures Rocket Joe that she can attend to Glorion Grundy and Lobo if he will take control of the Khund Dragon Hunter ship and take them away from the approaching attacking herd of Drones.

As she runs down the corridor of the Khund ship she is aware that she will be sorely tested in the coming encounter.

Lobo is renowned to be virtually unstoppable, strong and savage. His anger is legendary and his fearlessness knows no bounds. This is not the encounter she is worried about though.

With Lobo is Abbi Ardeen. The renegade unbonded telepath was responsible for many deaths on the prison camp where the Braal Scientific Elite kept her against her will and committed a life time of abuse and torture. She took control of a Daxamite Space Rangers Warship by possessing half of the crew and having them kill their unpossessed shipmates. She took possession of the powerful Cargggite Triple Heavy and nearly managed to possess Dak Sacchev himself all in a matter of a few hours. What really terrifies Helen the most is that Abbi Ardeen had the Starhaven Freetrader Shaman’s Daughter killed for sport. This had led to Helen meeting Clear Skies Coming at the fallen tracker’s funeral. If it weren’t for this act of utter savagery Helen would not have found… was it love? Certainly companionship in the arms of Shaman’s Daughter’s lover Clear Skies Coming. Helen cannot find it in her heart to hate Abbi. The telepathic girl had had the most terrifying of lives before the opportunity to escape had presented itself in the form of the Space Rangers. Her Amazon compassionate nature allows her to understand the girl’s actions, even if she cannot forgive them.

Helen also knows that Clear Skies Coming would want her to kill the girl.

With Abbi Ardeen is the gorilla Glorion Grundy. Glorion had joined Helen to Shaman’s Daughter’s funeral and tried to protect Helen after she had accidentally drunk too heavily of the hallucinogenic Draft of Life. Even as she thinks this a small feral part of her mind tosses up the thought “Admit it, it was hubris not accident that made you do it! You got what you deserved!”

She starts to feel a blush rise in her cheeks as she races along the corridor. Yes, the reason Helen had drunk so much was arrogance. Still that did not justify the humiliation she had faced when Glorion had broadcast a live image of Helen and Clear Skies Coming having wild drug induced sex above an unnamed ‘Stroid farm in the Rimbor Oort cloud. And still, all these months later, she hears Beings repeat her animalistic noises behind her back amid sniggers and blatant malicious gossip. On the AllMedia Web they casually throw these comments in to chat show conversations to gain a cheap laugh. Even a few of her fellow Legionnaires had brazenly questioned her about this one event, as if her exemplorary career as a hero of the Sol Defence League meant nothing. No one, it seemed to her, cared for that. She knew that she would probably never live that moment of madness down.

The coming meeting would test her Amazonian control and sense of duty to the limits. "well," she says to herself as she runs, "never let the Sisterhood of Thermyscira's commitment to doing right be doubted."

She ran on.

[ September 27, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

She was unprepared for what she found in the Khund mess hall.

Lobo was stood looking into a small compartment at the port side of the ship.

Glorion Grundy and a slight girl with striped leggings and a hooded top were stood behind him. The girl was whooping with laughter as she repeatedly kicked Lobo's behind and slapped his head.

Glorion looked strangely terrified!

“you… you…you…you…”

Lobo seemed to be on some weird loop, as if he was stuck on a jammed holo show. His shoulders started to hunch, his left leg started to rise then… “you… you… you…” And again his shoulders start to hunch and the cycle repeats.

“Sister Paragon!” Glorion waves Helen over to them. “Are we ever glad to see you, thank Mu!”

“What’s going on here gorilla?” Although he is a fellow Legionnaire, and respected academic and powerful mage on his homeworld Helen is hesitant to treat Glorion as a friend. “What have you done to Lobo?”

The thin girl with the hood turns to Helen and smiles broadly, tears are streaming from her eyes and she is obviously in the middle of having tremendous fun. “He’s stuck, the bastich is stuck.” The girl resumes striking Lobo and whooping with great belly laughs.

“Helen, it’s Zoe, or we think it’s Zoe… yes beetle I’ll tell her about the spell…. Well if you’d give me a chance… sorry Helen,” Glorion starts to fumble in an embarrassed fashion as he continues. “The ‘beetle in my belly is so impatient sometimes. He wants me to tell you see Lobo is stuck in a temporal fault caused by magic, it smells of several fields of magic but most especially of Earth Lore. It’s a really dangerous spell to make time repeat like this... yes beetle, I was getting to that... sorry again Helen, he's coming up to an Ascention Point and is getting a bit nervous.. sorry, where was I again? Oh that's right, Zoe Saugin is a powerful source of the Earth magic, but it’s really dangerous to mix different sources like this, particularly over a distance. Very dangerous! …yes beetle, I’m sure Helen understands about different sources of magic. You do don’t you Helen?”

“It’s spockin’ hil. A. rious!” Abbi still rains blows upon the frozen C’zarian as she speaks.

“The worry is that he is still totally aware of his surroundings, it’s his physical self that’s trapped in the loop, his mind’ll not be affected!” Glorion scratches his head as he speaks.

“Fan. Freckin’. Tastic! I hadn’t thought of his mind, oh this gets better! Try to terrify me and the furbag would you?” Abbi, although fully a foot shorter than Lobo stares up at him with malicious delight in her eyes. There is a subtle alertness to Lobo's eyes that suddenly takes on a look of fear as he continues in the loop. Abbi laughs even harder.

“you… you… you…” the loop continues.

Helen is unsure of what to do. She never expected to find herself looking at Lobo trapped in a two second time loop, Glorion Grundy talking to a beetle in his belly and a raging psychopathic murderess laughing so hard she looked like she was going to be sick, all the while on a Khund Dragon Hunting Vessel away to be attacked by the largest single herd of Space Dragons ever seen.

Nothing in her Sol Defence League or Amazonian training prepared her for this eventuality.

[ September 27, 2004, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Just as nothing prepares us for the amazing twists and turns your stories take, Sentient!

However I must say that I am quite dismayed by the lack of Science Police Representation in this otherwise totally fantastic story. I would think that the most famous Science Police Officer of them all, Lt. H'Bin'gr, would have had some descendants. [Big Grin] [Razz]

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
( [LOL] Maybe with Ronn Kar? [LOL] )

[ September 28, 2004, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Space Ranger ]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Abbi thought she might wet herself as she was laughing so hard.

A small feral area of her mind was warning her about how close to hysteria she was, and reminding her to keep her defences up. Abbi was laughing so hard she hurt!

After Glorion had told her that Lobos mind was outside of the time spell she had pinched, pulled and twisted his thought processes in a bid to cause him the maximum discomfort possible.

Lobo was a bully and braggart, just like the sprockin’ guards of the Braal camp she had be brought up in. Abbi had a lot of bad experiences she wanted to excorsize, and Lobo was in no position to stop her. And, she thought to herself, even if he was fully in control of himself his psi-barriers were no match for her powers anyway, it was just that little bit better that she didn’t need to exert the energy to hold him herself.

Well, let him taste fear. Fear of what might be found swimming in meagre daily food allowances. Fear of footfalls in the dark. Fear of the look from ones own family as they watch what you have been forced to become to survive. The fear the first cramps of womanhood and the smell of that first bloody clot of period had brought. Fear of rape, before the blood has stopped running from the previous rape. Fear of living with the sure knowledge that you will not be allowed to die until your captors have finished whatever vile experiment they are performing. Fear of closing your eyes to sleep, fear of waking up.

Hope you enjoy fear Lobo, you big strong bastich!

Try disgust, how do you like this? Disgust at the weakness and shame shown by your fellow inmates as they kowtow to daily rituals designed to humiliate. Disgust at yourself for being forced to perform oral sex on the guard who has just killed your mother before your eyes and you know, YOU KNOW that you are next if you don’t do this act. Disgust at yourself for being so terrified of life that you will eat your fellow prisoners excrement rather than stand up against your captors. Disgust at how small the part of you that once truly loved another being has become after so many years at the hands of the sadistic Braalian Elite.

Abbi projects every memory of her unhealthy life into the time trapped C’zarian bounty hunter’s minds.

She has stopped laughing, though the smile on her lips never wavers. The tears that are streaming down her cheeks are no longer tears of happiness, rather they are true tears of grief as Abbi acknowledges to herself what the Braalian Elite had been allowed to do to her and several generations of victims in a stupid battle of racial hatred a hundred and fifty generations old.

She slaps Lobo accross the face with a solid back hand blow that will leave her bruised for many days and turns to Glorion and Helen.

"I'm bored now, you guys wanna go?"

[ September 28, 2004, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: Mrs C B H.I.V.E. ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
You weave a tale as skillfully as always.

Zoe will be okay, though, right? [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.