Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Fun and Games in Space - Legion 35C
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
After many months of this poisonous advice Wotan’s resolve cracked!

He sent his Warrior Handmaidens, the Valkyrie, on a most treacherous mission. Their actions have been directly attributed with starting the War that any with even the most basic of historical knowledge would agree was one of perhaps three that shaped and defined the Society of the coming Millenia.

Their acts led to the start of the War between the Realms of the Elder God's Plane.

The War of the Heavens.

The Valkyrie broke into the Amazon’s Sphere. They flew their bizarre six legged, flame breathing mounts under a pall of darkness, hidden from the Amazon Seer’s Sight by High Asgardian magicks.

The collateral damage they caused was, realistically, quite minimal. One of the panels, 100 hands wide, of the Great Dome Above was damaged, and while it was a minor task to repair and was the least reported of the three damages caused by the Valkyries, it still hurt the Amazon’s pride that it had happened.

The second and third pieces damaged were within the Great Temple of Athena, in the middle of Paradise Island itself. It has been said that when Wotan finally parleyed a truce in the War of Heaven that it was only because his Handmaidens had not killed any of the Priestesses or Guards of the Great Temple in this raid that Athena allowed Wotan to live.

What the Valkyries did destroy though was symbolically the most revered object that the Amazon Sisterhood possessed. The Valkyrie smashed the Throne of Athena.

This Amazonium seat of Power had traditionally only been sat upon by the High Priestess in times of greatest hardship. Upon it once were intricate patterns of Runes and precious stones, relief pictures showing the Life of Athena, and poems and verse praising her wisdom. A gift from Calliope, eldest of the Muses to the Amazon Sisterhood many centuries ago, the Throne had been reduced to rubble.

This was not the action that ultimately caused the War.

Upon the stone plinth, hewn from the great silvered granite of Mount Olympus itself, where previously the Throne of Athena had sat, the Valkyrie’s bizarre space born mounts had been allowed to defecate.

The High Priestess was greeted by the sight of a two foot high pile of flaming horse turd where once had been the Amazon Sisterhood most precious and Holy object.

War was the only option.

[ July 10, 2004, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Glorion is confused.

He is also hurt and a little bit scared too but knows his …friend, the NowYouSeeMeNowYouDon’t bettle well enough not to mention these other feelings.

“What I don’t understand is the Choices that you are being offered Beetle.”

The ‘Beetle has been expecting this. Every Host thinks that they are the Ultimate Host for the ‘Beetle on his ongoing adventure to find the Face of God. Or maybe it is that each Host wishes to share in the Penultimate knowledge that the ‘Beetle has foreseen will come with the resolution of his quest. Whatever the reason, each of his hundreds and hundreds of previous hosts that had known of the Ascension Point would try to figure out who would be their charges next Host.

Glorion continues, seemingly unaware that the ‘Beetle within him is not joining in the conversation.

“So we know that amongst the Great Herds before us there are several Legionnaires, Sister Paragon of the Amazons would be my first choice for You ‘Beetle. She is the ultimate Warrior of her people, driven by a Vision born amidst a humiliating experience. Her new found humility and openness to the Most Holy Mu’s Great Weave would surely suit you as you continue on your task, no?”

No reply is forthcoming from the NowYouSeeMeNowYoudon’t Beetle so Glorion carries on.

“The Freetrader Clear Skies Coming would also make a great choice, no? With his stellar awareness and ability of unaided interspacial flight he would make a perfect choice…”

Again the suggestion is met with silence.

“Okay, so the Ultra Warrior is maybe a bit rich in Dragon energies for your choice but surely Kinetix, the very embodiment of Earth Lore would be able to a prime choice. She had innate magicks about her that could surely help you on your quest… no?”

Silence follows.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Wee Eavey Hakkawolla, Voice of the Amber Man.

What has gone before (iv) –

Within hours of the Firstfooters return to their home planet the Clans all begin to feel much healthier.

Within days their Warriors feel braver, sturdier, the Trackers skills of Listening are said to be expanding at an unprecedented rate, the Healers are bringing a more vital energy to their charges, unseen in over a century.

By the time the Legionnaires arrive to help with the terraforming project the Firstfooters are claiming to be not only as healthy but stronger than ever before. Their Cosmic Totem has not only been returned to them from the edge of the abyss but it is gifting each of them with a renewed Song of Life that encourages each to achieve their potential.

As the terraforming team are working to return McCuiloloa Major to it’s former stark beauty there are requests made from the Legion Administration for aid from the Firstfooters in the ongoing campaign against the Grand Invaders.

There were 52 Firstfooters returned from the Valenian realities, each immune to the effects that prolonged exposure to this strange existence can bring.

All 52 Firstfooters volunteer to help.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

“So if you don’t want any of them ‘beetle who else is available?”

“Oh Glorion, don’t…”

“Oh come on ‘Beetle, we’ve been through a lot, why can’t you share this little sliver of Truth with me? I mean are you saying that either Pocket Joe or Reptilla the Hun are gonna volunteer to be Hosts to your ongoing quest? Yeah, like I’d ever believe they’d do anything for free…”

“One of them will surprise you Glorion.” The quietly spoken Truth stops Glorion before he can get fully into the rhythm of his rant.

“So, maybe them, maybe not, so who else ‘Beetle? Don’t tell me you had me steal this murdering mindbending child so she could be an Offering to you?”

Glorion bends to gently rub his hand across Abbi Ardeen’s still sleeping brow.

“She tastes of Technocrat science Glorion, it is most unpleasant so I certainly hope she will not be my Host. Though her mind Glorion, if only you could see the true potential she has, it has only once before been reached by a descendant of Old Earth, and that was her ultimate Grandmother, Dorritt Ranzz.”

Glorion stands up and scratches his chest lazily.

“Is Lobo a choice?”

“Not if I have a choice, he may be immortal but I’d rather walk on my own little legs that ride inside him.”

Glorion Laughs.

“So who else is there ‘Beetle?”

“I have three more options that I know of. There is a Soulsinger of the resurrected Amber Man called Wee Eavey Hakkawolla who can alter the folds of reality with her song. There is also the Tamarani Princess, the grand daugter of the Living Star God X’hal… she will need help to regain her self as she re-enters our Reality, she will die without it.”

“WHAT?”

“And lastly I have the choice of Dak Sacchev, the planet killing Blackstar.”

"no shit!"

[ July 14, 2004, 08:31 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Wee Eavey Hakkawolla was at this very moment doing something that she would never have imagined in all of her wildest dreams.

With a deep twisting warbling song, rich in compassion and so incredibly alien to the Human voice box she uses her abilities to channel the very stuff of the Realities to help the Tamarani Princess. Holding open the small tear in the stuff of the barriers between the folds of reality was never going to be an easy task. In the Valenian Realms where time was not a hardwired rule of reality this task became akin to running an ancient marathon. The simple act of pushing between the Eisteinian Reality and the Valenian realm created two sources of repulsing energies for her to combat simultaneously.

The energy form that was the Tamarani Princess was being torn between the two competing realities, her radiation form scattered as if by a vengeful child.

Wee Eavey had been singing in this eternal timeless void for a period of time that was certainly greater that a matter of hours but felt marginally less that her century and a quarter life. All she knew was that within her the Amber Man was urging her to pour as much of His might as needed to aid the distressed Tamarani to return to her home dimension.

Wee Eavey continued singing.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Right, that's your lot for today!

Line up to park your comments, queries and criticisms here. All welcome.

Hope the world is being kind to you all

Bxx

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Meanwhile, inside of Rocket Joe’s onboard apartment -

“The privacy walls are up you know m’Lady, you can begin your meditation whenever you want”

Lady Reptilla smiles a genuine smile at Rocket Joe. She stretches like a cat, her back arching, legs and arms stretched to their fullest.

Rocket Joe is connected to a PrimeViewer, stocks and share values climbing past his eyes in small bursts of silver. He does not seem to notice as Lady Reptilla takes a slightly larger than palm sized wooded box from an alcove, says a small prayer to herself and opens it, taking out a set of cards.

She shuffles the deck quietly, her eyes closed, jaw tight with expectation.

“We made approximately 4,000 Silvered Credits on the Pharmaceutical deals you suggested. Our shares are slowly climbing back to the top spot again”

“Joe you know that those matters don’t concern me, we have enough money to buy out Mons Olympus if we need, why are you so eager for more? While I’ve been playing this game with you, and intend to keep playing Joe – I’ll honour our agreement – I have to ask you again why you need these silly little counters to prove you heroic nature?”

“I’ve never asked why you hide yourself within that form have I? We both have secrets m’Lady.”

He looks over at Lady Reptilla as she begins the ritual laying of her Tarot Cards upon the small floating screen before her. She turns four cards and stops. Taking deep breaths she examines each card in turn. After the fourth she returns them to random places within the pack, returns the pack to the box, closes the box and places it back into the alcove it came from.

“Everything alright there?” There is a slight tone of sarcasm in Joe’s voice as he asks.

“We are progressing as expected Joe, the Unseen One will be here soon. Excuse me as I meditate upon the days ahead”

And she turns away from Joe, walks quietly to the opposite side of their large quarters, sits in a lotus position and levitates off the deeply carpeted floor. Rocket Joe watches as she rises into the air and slowly resumes her true form.

For the ten years they had pretended to have a physical relationship Rocket Joe had only once tried to initiate sexual intercourse. After he had picked himself off the floor he realised that the small slender scaly green martian lass that he thought he would charm with his fame would never be his subordinate. He was quite shocked when instead of continuing the fight she apologised and offered a truce, explaining to Joe that they could both be beneficial to each other, if only they used their heads. She offered him wealth and power and all he had to do was keep up a pretence that they were a couple. He never asked where she received her information from, but guaranteed Lady Reptilla’s tips, advice and strange knowledge helped make them one of the most recognisable couples in the Milky Way and gave them both a personal fortune way above that of any other Meta alive.

For the last eight years Lady Reptilla had allowed Rocket Joe to see her natural form when she meditated. He was rather glad, in hindsight, that their physical relationship had never been consummated.

--------------------

Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
You paint such intricate pictures, H.

Mesmerising stuff.

How does it go again?
Oh yeah,

More, more, more!

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Thanks Numf, more, more and even more are in the pipeline including the fate of the Tamaran Princess, the unofficial history of the sol defence Leagues richest couple (heheheheh! [Big Grin] [Devil] ) and an ascension or two.

I know I say this very time but I do value your responses, thank you!

[ July 14, 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Chtukin Kaauchk, Most Revered and Fearsome Axe Wielding Arm and Mighty Fang of the Great Dragon Hunting Fleet of Imperial Khundia.

Lobo is shouting at the top of his voice!

The former Commander of the ship is thinking that if only Lobo would be quiet for a moment today couldn’t really have turned out any better if he had planned it himself.

Prior to this moment the Captain had expected the worst.

The crew had watched in total horror as he had led the psychopathic C’zarian, Lobo from the corridor outside the Lower Docking Bay up to the Command Deck. Once in the Cdeck Lobo had started shouting random orders – “Bring me beer!” “Follow that support ‘stroid!””Shut up you jegabbo scum!” “Bend over!” – This last order was shouted into Chtukin Kaauchk’s already blushing face. The Khundian slowly bend at the waist, his face a picture of abject humiliation.

Lobo pushes him onto all fours roughly. The captain takes a deep breath expecting to suffer what in Khundian terms is the penultimate form of submission and humiliation. It had been a long time since the Captain had been ritually buggered! And in front of his crew as well! There would be no choice left but kill himself in the most barbaric bloodcurdlingly painful way possible after this, he thought.

Much to his, and he was glad to notice the crews surprise Lobo did something that in Khundian Society meant the he was submitting to the Captain. In a BIG way.

You see it all has to do with Lumbago, or as it’s called in Khundian – Schhanachhanchagg Brauuughk.

This is a condition that affects 98% of the male Khundian population, a hereditary condition often aggravated by the ritual battles, official challenges and fights, and back street scraps that are so much the part of day to day life in the Khund led NuAP. The pain it can generate in the lower back is often described in an oddly Khundian romantic way in their Battleverse as the Very Start of Your Death. It is widely acknowledged that a Man of Rank who admits to suffering from such a debilitating condition has as good as admitted to having no fight left within him.

Basically he’s admitted to being weak.

And we all know how much the Khunds would respect a Man of Rank they see as weak. About as much as the average Tamaran Wandering Star would respect a Rashashnom Digaux Pie Eating Ritual.

Maybe even less actually!

And to a Khundian the very ultimate sign of submission would be to aid a Man with his Schhanachhanchagg Brauuughk back pain. Why not just put his Yaboosi in your Tichla and be done with it, was the most commonly held thought on this matter!

So, Chtukin Kaauchk, Most Revered and Fearsome Axe Wielding Arm and Mighty Fang of the Great Dragon Hunting Fleet of Imperial Khundia suffered from Lumbago. His crew all knew it, he knew that his crew knew it, they knew he knew. Neither side would admit it though.

And with a master stroke of luck (Blees-ed be Lady G’hokichuagh, wielder of the two bladed sword of Destiny) Lobo SAT on Chtukin Kaauchk’s lumbago strained lower back without saying the ritual phrase “I claim your pain , you little nothing speck of deepest V’ghunk, and sentence your family tree to the great arse of G’FungiLoi”, which as all Khundians (and other socially evolved species) knows means that Lobo was thereby not ritually abusing his captive as would be expected but rather he appeared, with his excited agitated wriggling to be massaging the Captains pains away with his bony arse. The look on the Captain’s face – eyes half opened, mouth pursed to a kiss, neck stretched out - was clearly captured by the onboard Eye of the Mighty Arm Of Khundian (spy TV) in what scholars of a later date would claim was the single greatest moment in the history of the Kaauchk family line’s history.

The Captain took full advantage of this massage – something he had never had before – by telling the crew in a thick local Khund dialect to slow the engines by a quarter, delay all commands issued by Lobo by ten minutes and otherwise dillydally until he, the Captain, told them otherwise.

Ahhhh but if this is what the Technocrats of the NuUP can receive every day he thought, it is no wonder they are soft and unworthy of the Privilege of Battle.

This felt furjagging GREAT!

Who would have ever thought that any part of Lobo, let alone his leather clad boney ass, could bring so much pleasure to another Being let alone be of so much actual beneficial USE?

[ July 17, 2004, 02:55 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Is it just me or was that the daftest post I've ever made? [Big Grin] Poor Lobo, he loses even when he thinks he wins [LOL] [Razz]

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Why not just put his Yaboosi in your Tichla? Why not indeed.... sounds like the start of a good night to me [Big Grin] !

It's been a wee while since I caught up with ths B and you've obviously been busy.... great stuff!

I liked the Amazon history lesson, well written.....

the Firstfooters history seems interesting....

Lobo, of course is always worthy of a slice of the funnies - Khunds get LUMBAGO?? Who'da thunk it? [LOL] well handled there....

Lady Reptiles secret? Hmmmmmm.... I have a sneaking suspicion about this one but will keep it to myself for now...

And of course the BIG bit of news - The sneaky beetle's gonna be leaving poor Glorion soon! Wow!! You are brave to break up that double act B so assume it's because you have bigger plans - And what was that crack about the Princess dying? Is that allowed in fantasy now? [LOL]

As Numf said above - more, more, more please

[ July 17, 2004, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Sonnie Bloke ]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Sneaky Beetle is leaving Glorion?! The Beetle is one of my favorite characters, since your first story. I wonder waht you have in store for him, B...

And since it seems to be everyone's favorite way of putting it: More, more, more [Big Grin] !

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Bloke:
Why not just put his Yaboosi in your Tichla?

Because it's dirty Sonnie! [LOL]

It's going to be next week before I have enough time to post very much more of this so until then if you are waiting for more try Cobalt's excellent fanfics - they are nothing at all like this but for sheer scope of drama they can't be beat!

Just remember to come back next week for more more more adventures in the 35th century.

7-10 pm, two glasses of wine and already I'm posting nonsense [LOL] - there's no hope! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Bloke:
Why not just put his Yaboosi in your Tichla?

Because it's dirty Sonnie! [LOL]

Since when has that stopped me? [LOL]

Somehow I think I should feel a little embarrassed by this... [Big Grin] [Embarrassed]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.