Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool, Lou!
If you go to some of the other artists' sites/message boards, they'll massacre you if you use the lens flare. I, however, still use it and find it can quite enhance certain images. I have to admit, though, that at first, I used it for no reason except cuz it was kewl. Now I actually try to use it like in my above picture and in your above picture, to show that a light source is affecting the "camera."

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I used to compete in the Photoshop contests at Worth 1000 in another lifetime. There the lens flare (and other "gratuitous" use of filters) was considered a Cliche and was disallowed. If you used a lens flare in one of your entries it would be disqualified, period.

I generally don't like to use effects that call attention to themselves, but in this case I thought it was appropriate. The way MEL drew her hand it was obvious she would be summoning her power with it, and the lens flare seemed to be the easiest way to display the use of her power. Still, there was a part of me that felt a little dirty using it, going back to my Worth days... [Smile]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have two more Post-Boot Original pics that I colored (actually it's two different versions of the same pic), but I can't post them here due to content. I will link to them however if anyone wants to see them.

The pic is from the Erotic Gallery on Kat's Jeff Moy Sketchboard. The drawing is of Kinetix cooling down on a hot day in her quarters. The pic was originally of her in her "pointy ears and tail" phase, but I altered it to reflect her normal human form as well. I'll link to both versions.

WARNING: Partially veiled nudity in the following links! Don't open at work with your boss standing over your shoulder!

Pointy ears and tail version

Normal human form

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cru, Lou, Drake, MEL, Dean--awesome! The post-booters are lookin' good! This actually makes me sad that we won't be seeing these guys anymore (for awhile at least).

Dean, I have a feeling the posters of LW will be FIGHTING like crazy for that Kinetiz pic as they're avatar [Smile] . Poppin' Hotties!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Lou, she's lookin'awesome in color! Love the shading, thanks! And Sketchy, man those have got awesome attitude to them! The three of them look like they could start a pop group together! Move over Beyonce, Kelly, and that other girl, Inevitability's Offspring are takin' over!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I feel so dirty now... like after Hughes' Dream Girl Cover. Very nice work indeed on the OPBs people, very nice indeed.

Gonna go take a cold shower now...

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks you guys! I got some nifty new pens, so I couldn't resist inking the Jazmin drawing. I was concerned about losing some of the "life" in the Zoe drawing, so I didn't ink it and the Thunder drawing just feels right as a sketch. I still have a couple other PB Original characters that I've sketched, but they're not done yet.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
awesome pics dean
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Got some more coloring done. Here's Monkey Eater Lad's Thunder colored.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

And here's Dean's Kid Quantum II.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Lou: On you KQII pic with the lense flare(?), it looks really good. And you used it perfectly, there this one artist, Chris...something something, who completely over does it, put your use (and Dean's, because I look over his stuff a lot) was right on.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
 -

AWESOME!!! FANTASTIc!

Beyond words.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.