Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Ded! Great job on the Shikari manip! I especially like the wings!

Lou and Cru are a great team!

Loser Lad-- official colorist of the Galleries!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Many great creations in this thread, I'm sorry I haven't been giving nods to all of them yet, but they deserve it.

Shikari looks exotic and ... I don't know ... substantive, somehow. Maybe it's seeing her outfit with gray fabric, rather than having the illusion that it was her skin that was exposed. The ears are an elegant touch. Were they pointed in the books?

And as to Gates (never one of my faves), that's one of the first depictions of him to make me smile, though I doubt he'd be doing much to celebrate a holiday as bourgeois as Christmas!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks everyone, glad you liked the manip.

quote:
I know you had some other P-BOL manips that you did back in the day. Don't be shy about reposting them here!
Loser.....i was planning on starting a new thread for just that purpose
quote:
Ded! Great job on the Shikari manip! I especially like the wings!
Thanks!.....they were compliments of a dragonfly:)
quote:
Shikari looks exotic and ... I don't know ... substantive, somehow. Maybe it's seeing her outfit with gray fabric, rather than having the illusion that it was her skin that was exposed. The ears are an elegant touch. Were they pointed in the books?

They sure were Grey.....might have a manip just for you soon too [Wink]
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Crujectra:
Wow! That looks way cool! I wish I had thought to "Legionize" the gifts myself... it's anice touch [Smile]

Glad you like it! I didn't think you'd mind if I altered it just a smidge. [Wink]

I originally planned on just throwing the rocket ship Clubhouse in there. Then about half way through it I got the idea to make the other presents into Legionesque ones. Now that I'm looking at it again I should have put name tags on the various gifts. The Legion Clubhouse to Rokk, Tinya doll to Jo, Brainy bear to Lyle, etc. Oh well. Still pretty happy with it as is.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Lou and Cru are a great team!

We are, aren't we! [Wink]

quote:
Loser Lad-- official colorist of the Galleries!!!
As honored as I am by that, I by no means want anyone to think that they're not welcome to try their hand at coloring any of these pics themselves. Even (especially) the ones I've already done.

I know that's not what you meant Dean, but I just want everyone to know that I'm not trying to monopolize anything here. I've just had a bit of extra time the past couple of days, so I've been able to take on a few extra projects.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
And as to Gates (never one of my faves), that's one of the first depictions of him to make me smile, though I doubt he'd be doing much to celebrate a holiday as bourgeois as Christmas!

The cool thing about that pic is the look on Gates' face. Yes, he's playing Santa, but he definitely does not look happy about it in the least. It's almost as if he's doing it against his will, which I think does fit his character quite well.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Loser Lad
Stressed

quote:
Originally posted by dedman:
Loser.....i was planning on starting a new thread for just that purpose

Cool. That'll work too then! Hope we get to see some more new ones soon too!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:

No doubt Gates developed a fondness for the lyrics of Arlo Guthrie while in the 20th century:

Santa Clause has a red suit
He's a communist
And a beard, and long hair
Must be a pacifist
What's in the pipe that he's smoking?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
The cool thing about that pic is the look on Gates' face. Yes, he's playing Santa, but he definitely does not look happy about it in the least. It's almost as if he's doing it against his will, which I think does fit his character quite well.

I'm glad that came through a little. It was the look I was going for, but found it hard to convey with really only the pupilless eyes and body language to work with. There's only so much expression you can put into a beak [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
As honored as I am by that, I by no means want anyone to think that they're not welcome to try their hand at coloring any of these pics themselves. Even (especially) the ones I've already done.

Personally, I'm thrilled. I can do some very simple coloring, but nothing compared to what you do. So anytime you want to colorize me, I'm all over it [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Keeping with my holiday theme, here's Kinetix. Again, I've never tried drawing her before, so my apologies to her fans if I messed her up at all [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

It's great Jeckie! See, the great thing about Kinetix is that she changed so much over time that you can draw he just about any way you'd like and still be right!

You can draw her with a skirt, and guess what? You're right! You can draw her with a cape and puffy sleeves, and guess what? You're right! You can draw her with pointy ears and a tail and guess what? Right again! Hell, you can even draw her as a 7 foot tall evolutionary nightmare with no nipples that walks around naked all the time! It's a win-win situation!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, Lady Cru, it's weird that you've never drawn Zoe before this. She's seems like your cup of tea...

Your drawing is very good. Wouldn't it be nice to have her powers when decorating for Christmas? Especially for positioning lights! I hope Lou finds time to color this one, too.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antacidlass
2 TUMS up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for antacidlass   Author's Homepage   Email antacidlass         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it Lady Crujectra

--------------------
Now with Calcium!!!

From: wherever acid reflux lurks | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's what I've got on these guys and gals. They're all from the fall of 2003. I've actually made some 'improvements' to some of these since these pics were taken, but I don't have new pics up on the web yet.

Click for fullsize image

Thunder is the one figure that I've actually made two of. I basically had an attack of kindness and gave this figure away. Glad I got that out of my system. [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

I have since added more legs to Gates and joined his head to his body better so that you can't see his snap.

Click for fullsize image

Xs is still the same.

Click for fullsize image

I've added eyes to Jazmin since this picture was taken. Some day, now that I have a little more confidence, I'm going to remake this figure. For now though, she'll do.

Click for fullsize image

I've added a tail and a tattoo to her face since this picture was taken.

[ August 03, 2007, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.